ADVERTISEMENT

Favorites for 2011?

Wittymoniker1

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2007
La Grange Park, IL
Anyone have any ideas? I did see a lot of Sophomores on Cascia's staff, but unsure about the pitching for next year after Joey Filomeno?

Any poster from the north have any ideas for those teams? BR will be good as always. Sandburg?

Those 3 teams will be very good you mentioned.

Others:

Providence - loaded
Mount Carmel - 2 very good pitchers plus a decent soph
Lincoln-Way North

I would have to say Provi and Stevenson will be tough to beat next year. Stevenson has 3 frontline arms returning in Radtke, Fiedelman, and a healthy Scheck. As for Provi they have at least 4 kids that have started since their freshman year and will now be seniors.

Rita, Rice, and Carmel will always be tough. But remember it is high school baseball in Illinois with a single elem tourny and all the cry babies who dont want to travel so ihsa will never make it a seeded bracket like it should be so you will never know who will truly be the best team in the state. Do I dare say play a 3 game series at state and make coaches use more then 2 pitchers

In total agreement u cant do single elim. Especially with 4....FOUR....classes 4 baseball. They should do it like D1 does it....double elim at each stage....regional,sectional and then final 4. Also there is something wrong when Kenwood....KENWOOD is in a SUPER sectional 4 baseball cmon seriously

Don't know 'bout Regionals having a double elimination. Does a 2 - 30 team deserve a best out of three series against a #1 seed?

I could definitely see it starting in Sectionals; they could play doubleheaders, no?

i see what ur saying but u cant change the rules as tourney goes on ya know. i mean look at flip side to the coin....does a 2-30 team deserve a chance to beat a 1 seed in just one game??? i think they need to have some sort of qualification for the playoffs as well. other states do the DH thing. i think at the very least u make it double elim for the whole tourney and have some sort of qualification for entry.

If every team does not make the playoffs, I could then understand having double elimination in the regionals.

Just curious (if that was the case) how the state would decide who makes the playoffs: above .500 in wins? top three (3) teams in the conference? coaches decided? the potential of the incoming Freshmen classes--see Bartlett?

i will personally be more than happy to do it and seed and set up playoffs,.....but really i think even if u had every team make it u could have double elim for entire tourney. 2 have 4 classes and single elim is crazy
This post was edited on 6/14 12:24 PM by DeanOfSelection

I could see your point; for example:

Chicago Marist (17 - 20) vs Burbank Larry (#1 seed): this was a regional game that maybe warrants a double elimination, because of the very tough conference Marist plays in and the stupid geographically, neighborhood thing.

Scenario: Have double elimination throughout the playoffs, not everyone makes the playoffs, shorten the season, have doubleheaders and what to do with the geography thing?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT