ADVERTISEMENT

Eville at East Side

crusader_of_90

Gold Member
Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
I hope this is a good game. What is so interesting about East Side is that there is no statistical star - everyone gets their touches.

Sophomore quarterback Reece Shanklin went 5-for-6 for three touchdowns and 199 passing yards last week against Alton. ... Senior Kendrick Lyons is 83-for-116 passing for 1,228 yards and 11 touchdowns. ... Senior Larevious Woods leads team with 425 yards on the ground and 12 scores. ... Senior TaRyan Martin has 235 rushing yards on 22 carries. ... Sophomore Ronnie Gomiller leads the team with 409 receiving yards and seven scores. ... Junior Keandre McClendon has four sacks to go along with a team-high 76 tackles. ... Junior Raheem Floyd leads Flyers with three interceptions.

If this turns ugly, there is Cardinal Ritter at DeSmet. The Althoff game will be boring. Expect 300+ from Dierre in the first half if Frazier feeds him that much.

I hope this is a good game. What is so interesting about East Side is that there is no statistical star - everyone gets their touches.

Sophomore quarterback Reece Shanklin went 5-for-6 for three touchdowns and 199 passing yards last week against Alton. ... Senior Kendrick Lyons is 83-for-116 passing for 1,228 yards and 11 touchdowns. ... Senior Larevious Woods leads team with 425 yards on the ground and 12 scores. ... Senior TaRyan Martin has 235 rushing yards on 22 carries. ... Sophomore Ronnie Gomiller leads the team with 409 receiving yards and seven scores. ... Junior Keandre McClendon has four sacks to go along with a team-high 76 tackles. ... Junior Raheem Floyd leads Flyers with three interceptions.

If this turns ugly, there is Cardinal Ritter at DeSmet. The Althoff game will be boring. Expect 300+ from Dierre in the first half if Frazier feeds him that much.

ESTL wins big, would not be surprised to see a running clock.

If I was the Althoff coach, I would not play the starters more than 2 or 3 series. Granite City is terrible this year and very young. Collinsville beat them 41-0 which Althoff beat 54-14. Would be a terrible game to get an injury in.

Them first couple of rounds will be enough to get them ready. No injuries at a small school is key

@crusader........ Was just thinking the other day this Flyer team is solid top to bottom on both sides of the ball. I thought back to LB3 senior year when everything revolved around him .... and rightly so! ESL is a different animal this year. Can't wait till Thanksgiving Saturday 🔶 🔷 🔶 🔷

@crusader........ Was just thinking the other day this Flyer team is solid top to bottom on both sides of the ball. I thought back to LB3 senior year when everything revolved around him .... and rightly so! ESL is a different animal this year. Can't wait till Thanksgiving Saturday 🔶 🔷 🔶 🔷
I can't wait for next week!!! IM EFFIN G!

• Haha
Reactions: McEvergreen
Not this years team. I respect football no matter the level. To suggest they could win just because they are 8A says a lot.
I disagree. East's only 3 losses are to Althoff, Edwardsville, and East St Louis. There is no 1A team beating any of those 3 teams. East would win 1A without Althoff in it IMO.

I disagree. East's only 3 losses are to Althoff, Edwardsville, and East St Louis. There is no 1A team beating any of those 3 teams. East would win 1A without Althoff in it IMO.
Those games weren’t close except Eville which may have been focusing on ESL. Let’s not forget Althoff lost 2A a while back and didn’t make it to State last year. Not being to play a whole game may be an issue. We will see.

The thought that East, who can barely win playoff game can just walk through 1A is crazy

Those games weren’t close except Eville which may have been focusing on ESL. Let’s not forget Althoff lost 2A a while back and didn’t make it to State last year. Not being to play a whole game may be an issue. We will see.

The thought that East, who can barely win playoff game can just walk through 1A is crazy
Not really when you think about the type of programs they have to play as 7 and 8A. The level of play is like night and day. A few years ago during LW dynasty, some posters were thinking LW could win up to 4A, which was silly. To then go several classes above that to 8A is even crazier. To move a 8A team down to 1A is almost like a varsity-JV match. No way to prove it but East would do very, very well in 1A as would any .500 8A team.

They had to play Tolono until the final score with seven seconds left!!!
Very true and if LW was a sling it around the field 30 times a game team they could possibly give Althoff fits but they don't throw. It will be a very bad matchup for LW running into the Althoff defense being able to stack 9 on the line.

Very true and if LW was a sling it around the field 30 times a game team they could possibly give Althoff fits but they don't throw. It will be a very bad matchup for LW running into the Althoff defense being able to stack 9 on the line.
I seem to recall many of these same discussions about Althoff last year. It’s very hard to prepare for teams that run offenses like Lw Cary etc. I think althoff found that out at Camp Point last year.

1A is as deep as it’s been in a long time. No cake walks for anyone let alone LW and Althoff.

Reactions: 4Afan
Not really when you think about the type of programs they have to play as 7 and 8A. The level of play is like night and day. A few years ago during LW dynasty, some posters were thinking LW could win up to 4A, which was silly. To then go several classes above that to 8A is even crazier. To move a 8A team down to 1A is almost like a varsity-JV match. No way to prove it but East would do very, very well in 1A as would any .500 8A team.
FWIW (not much), CalPreps has LeWin over East 21-17

Reactions: crusader_of_90
FWIW (not much), CalPreps has LeWin over East 21-17
I get that. My biggest argument with calpreps has always been they do not do well with big school vs small school predictions because they don't take into account the small schools playing both ways vs the big schools only going 1 way. Remember Loyola vs Rochester a few years ago. Rochester is a top 4A/5A program and look at the difference just playing up 3 levels. I understand that East is not that years Loyola but the same principal applies. Rochester went 11-2 that year losing in the semis of 4A. Rochester was a very good team and they lost 56-7. There is a reason teams stay in their own lane.

Funny I feel the say way about LWE this year. They are playing at another level and IMO better than last years team.

I get that. My biggest argument with calpreps has always been they do not do well with big school vs small school predictions because they don't take into account the small schools playing both ways vs the big schools only going 1 way. Remember Loyola vs Rochester a few years ago. Rochester is a top 4A/5A program and look at the difference just playing up 3 levels. I understand that East is not that years Loyola but the same principal applies. Rochester went 11-2 that year losing in the semis of 4A. Rochester was a very good team and they lost 56-7. There is a reason teams stay in their own lane.
I kinda disagree and agree at the same time.
A team like the Loyola team you are referring to is quite a different animal than a run of the mill 8A team.
A bad 8A team would still lose to a good small school team.

Reactions: 4Afan
I also love how you guys just gloss over Althoff's schedule. They are a good team but untested outside of Tolono. They have 3 teams that are a combined 0-21 on their schedule and are tied for the second lowest "playoff points" in all of 1A likely playoff qualifiers with 23. If the playoffs started today and 1A was seeded 1-32 Althoff would be seeded 8th.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT