Name: Frank Covey IV

Position: ATH

High School: Prospect

Graduation Year: 2023

Height: 6-foot-2

Weight: 190 pounds

Recruiting Status: Verbally committed to Northwestern

Video Link:

My impressions of Frank Covey IV: I was able to see Prospect junior ATH Frank Covey IV going back to his spring 2020 sophomore season for the Knights and head coach Dan DeBoeuf. Covey IV as a sophomore played wide receiver for the Knights then moved over to play quarterback in the fall 20121 junior season. Covey IV just committed to Northwestern after adding his first offer from the Wildcats a week ago.....and Northwestern recruited and offered him as a receiver. I listed both his sophomore and junior season videos here which shows Covey IV playing WR and QB.

Evaluation of Frank Covey IV: frank Covey IV is just a very solid all around athlete here who can and will do several things pretty well. Covey IV is a good sized kid who will continue to have the frame/body to add even more goos weight and muscle down the line. Cover IV was also able to as a receiver show off impressive hands, ran good overall routes and I was also impressed with how well he uses his hands in catching the football consistently here. Cover IV has good overall speed, was able to show an impressive ability to start and stop within a few steps.I was also impressed with Covey IV's running ability playing quarterback in particular. Covey IV shows good speed and quickness, was able to break tackles and just seemed to play at a high level regardless of position.

Room for improvement?

Projected level: Covey IV will need to continue to add a bit more good weight and strength over the next year plus before hitting the college level. Cover IV looks set to play receiver in college, yet I still feel he fits well as more of an overall athlete recruit in my opinion. Covey IV could play WR/S or even as a Superback at Northwestern, Covey IBV has mentioned that the Wildcat coaches compare him to former Libertyville and Northwestern WR Riley Lees....and in my eyes that's a terrific comp and Lees wound up becoming a very solid player and contributor for the Wildcats.

Rivals.com Ranking: Frank Covey IV is currently an unranked recruit in the Class of 2023.

EDGYTIM Recommended Initial Rankings: Low to Mid Three star ranked recruit. Covey IV will also have a chance to raise his recruiting stock over the spring and summer along with his senior season this coming fall. I'm sure I'll get a chance to see Covey IV a few more times in person.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News