High School:
Plainfield East

Graduation Year:

Height: 6-foot-6

Weight: 280 pounds

Recruiting Status: Uncommitted

Video Link:

My impressions of Michael Jimmar:

I've been able to watch, follow and cover Michael Jimmar since his sophomore season at Plainfield East. I've been able to see Jimmar at multiple events such as camps and combines over the past two seasons.

Evaluation of Michael Jimmar:

Michael Jimmar is a huge kid physically who no question already has Power 5 level frame and look. Jimmar, who is ever bit ay 6-foot-6, 290 pounds no question passes the eyeball test. Jimmar possesses big time length and reach, and what's even more impressive is Jimmar's frame and potential to continue to add more good strength and muscle. Physically and on the hoof Jimmar reminds me frame and length wise as more of a basketball player, and he also moves and runs very well comparative to a basketball player. His overall upside physically alone is enough for several FBS and some Power 5 schools to already extend scholarship and those offers will continue to roll in this winter and spring. Jimmar as the season wore on no question improved his game. Jimmar's pass pro was markedly improved, including showing better hands and feet, becoming more patient allowing the defender to approach without Jimmar reaching while Jimmar showed much better and much more consistent technique. Jimmar's hand usage also improved as the season wore on and started to utilize his tremendous punch to his advantage as the year wore on.

Room for improvement?

In many ways I see Jimmar as still a work in progress on several levels. Jimmar need to improve his overall bend, leverage and bend while also getting much more consistent and violent with his hands. Jimmar footwork and overall quickness is good for his size but his ability to get to the second level of blocks needs to become more of a focus for the high college level. Jimmar at times popped straight up on the snap and he will need to continue to work on just being much more consistent in his stance. Once Jimmar hits the high college level, his overall technique will need to be at a much higher level than what he was able to show both in person and on video.

Projected level:

Michael Jimmar is already holding 6 FBS scholarship offers including a Power 5 offer from Syracuse. I see Jimmar having the potential and upside to develop into a potential Power 5 player at the best scenario and he will still have an opportunity to play at the FBS Group of 5 level in college.

Rivals.com Ranking:

EDGYTIM Recommended Initial Rankings:

Mid to High Three Star

Michael Jimmar is a terrific kid who I feel has so much upside and potential to truly raise his game it's frightening. Jimmar was blessed with some incredible physical, God given tools and in many ways his development and his ceiling is in his hands. Jimmar again has all the tools you look for not just to play at a very high level on Saturday's...but in a perfect scenario has the physical tools at this age to match up with several other OT I've covered over the years at the highest level. Jimmar has a ton of work to do...but he plays for a terrific coach in Brad Kunz who will serve as a terrific mentor who will get Jimmar where he needs to over the next year plus. I'm truly excited to see where Jimmar's game goes development wise. Again I'm starting him as a mid to high three star name rankings wise right now....yet if Jimmar is able to get anywhere close to where I feel he can take his game to I see him as having the ability and potential to become a possible 4 star name in this class.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.