Position: OT

High School: St. Charles East

Graduation Year: 2024

Height: 6-foot-5

Weight: 220 pounds

Recruiting Status: Uncommitted

Video Link:

My impressions of Bodey McCaslin:

Bodey McCaslin has started to draw a pretty impressive list of college interest this winter including offers from four MAC schools (Ball State, Kent State, Central Michigan and Miami of Ohio). McCaslin started full time on the varsity level for the Saints in the fall 2021 season. McCaslin, who also plays basketball for St Charles East is the son of longtime college football assistant coach Brad McCaslin, who is now the head coach of Benedictine University in Lisle since 2018. I have yet to see McCaslin play in person and I have yet to see him in person.

Evaluation of Bodey McCaslin:

Bodey McCaslin in many ways is very much a work in progress, especially from a physical development standpoint. McCaslin is a tall, long and lanky kid who generally moves well and runs well for a kid his size and I fully expect that his "size" will continue to add more good weight and muscle over the next two plus seasons. McCaslin already shows really solid fundamentals at the offensive tackles position. McCaslin has a good base, shows good quick feet and an above average use of his hands. McCaslin also does the little things pretty well here including consistently good hand placement, good punch and he just never seems to give up on a play and shows 100 percent effort. McCaslin as mentioned runs well and also is able to kick outside quickly and shut down the outside speed rush consistently well.

Room for improvement?

Bodey McCaslin again is still a work in progress, especially from the physical development standpoint. McCaslin will need to add much more good weight and muscle over the next two years. Yet after watching the 5 minutes of McCaslin's highlight tape it's pretty clear why a handful of MAC schools have already offered him a scholarship. McCaslin has a ton of upside physically, is always advanced in offensive line play who will just get bigger, stronger and better from here on out. McCaslin's overall length and frame will no question allow him to pretty easily and naturally grow into say a 280-300 pound linemen (again this is a guess based off the film without seeing him in person).

Projected level:

Bodey McCaslin is already holding a handful of MAC scholarship offers this winter and without seeing him in person....I'll say on a very conservative basis that McCaslin will develop into a Mid level FBS player.

Rivals.com Ranking: Bodey McCaslin has yet to be ranked by Rivals.com

EDGYTIM Recommended Initial Rankings:

Low to Mid Three Star

Again admittedly this is a very conservative initial ranking for Bodey McCaslin and I fully expect to revised this ranking once I get a chance to see him in either a camp or game action. Overall I just see a ton to like about this kid and I'm pretty excited to see his development over the next two years plus.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News