High School:
Batavia

Graduation Year:

Height: 6-foot-2

Weight: 222 pounds

Recruiting Status: Uncommitted

Video Link:

My impressions of Jack Sadowsky:

I was made aware of Batavia having a handful of top level underclassmen linebackers well over two years ago from Batavia head coach Dennis Piron, then more and more Batavia folks also made sure I was made aware of the talented names on the rise. Jack Sadowsky was able to make his mark in the shortened COVID impacted spring football season in 2021 and that momentum has carried over for Sadowsky this past fall as well. I was able to get to know and evaluate Jack Sadowsky last summer, and I've seen Sadowsky play live three times in live game action along with seeing him multiple times. Sadowsky easily passes the all important eyeball test in person, and Sadowsky is also a high energy kid who is also fun to talk to off the field. Sadowsky is also a solid student in the class room who will be a full academic qualifier. Sadowsky was a full time inside linebacker in his junior season but also played defensive end as a sophomore as well as both at inside and outside linebacker.

Evaluation of Jack Sadowsky:

Jack Sadowsky is a great sized kid who plays with a high motor, power and strength who always seems to attack the line of scrimmage and anyone in his way on nearly every snap. Sadowsky, along with Wisconsin commit Tyler Jansey I felt were the two best inside linebackers I saw play live all fall season state wide. Sadowsky was able to make really good reads, anticipates plays well and just seems to have a great feel for where the football is going. Sadowsky uses his strength. hands and technique to shed oncoming blocker and also possesses enough quickness to shoot holes and make plays and cause havoc. Sadowsky was able to also drop into pass coverage and seemed to become more and more comfortable as the season wire on in pass coverage. Sadowsky also possesses a terrific nose for the football, closes as well as any linebacker in this class and is a heavy hitter who no question brings some serious wallop.

Room for improvement?

Jack Sadowsky will need to continue to improve his overall speed and quickness for the next level. Sadowsky has good short yardage quickness and strong reaction and first step quickness, but being able to cover backs and slot receivers at the next level will require much more speed for Sadowsky. Sadowsky no question was able to improve his overall technique and hand usage last season (Sadowsky's first full season on the varsity at linebacker) but he will also need to become much more consistent with his hand usage while fighting off opposing blocker, especially once Sadowsky hits the high college level.

Projected level:

Jack Sadowsky has added several scholarship offers over the winter including 2 Power 5 level offers (Iowa State/Louisville). I see Sadowsky ending up playing at the high FBS level and possibly at the mid Power 5 level in college.

Rivals.com Ranking:

EDGYTIM Recommended Initial Rankings:

High Three Star

I really like the overall game, attitude and approach from Jack Sadowsky. Sadowsky in many ways is an old school linebacker who bring some serious power and is an impact tackler and defender who will be a very strong inside linebacker in college. With his overall size and nearly college ready physical tools, I would also not be surprised to see some schools maybe take a look at Sadowsky as say a defensive end/hybrid rush linemen. I'm really interested to see just how much growth and improvements Sadowsky makes to his game this off season. Sadowsky already has a ton to offer and a lot of upside....and if he can improve his overall speed and cover skills.....his recruiting stock no question will surge once again this spring when college coaches will be allowed back into the schools.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals.com to access this premium section.

• Member-Only Message Boards
  • Exclusive coverage of Rivals Series
  • Exclusive Recruiting Interviews
  • Breaking Recruiting News