Name: Carter Evans

Position: TE/DE

High School: Prairie Ridge

Graduation Year: 2021

Height: 6-foot-4

Weight: 230 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Carter Evans:
Carter Evans has been a varsity starter for the Wolves since his freshman season. I've also been able to see Carter Evans live 4 separate times over the past three plus years along with seeing Evans in person multiple times. Evans has also played multiple positions over his high school career including fullback. linebacker. defensive end, tight end and defensive tackle. Evans has been a two year all conference and all area performers. Evans no question passes the eyeball test and also hails from an athletic family with older brothers Shane Evans (NIU/Purdue) and Samson (Iowa).

Evaluation of Carter Evans: Evans is an impressive player on the hoof who has been able to add more size and muscle compared to a season ago. Evans is also an impressive all around athlete who can play at numerous spots at the college level. Evans impressed me as a fullback and also as a defensive end last season. Evans showed good strength, speed and quickness at the fullback position and was able to deliver punishment as well as take the down in and down out workload. Evans was also impressive at defensive end on several levels. Evans was able to use his speed and strength well, had a good nose for the football and just always seemed to make plays. Evans also showed some quick twitch and explosiveness off the edge.

Room for improvement? What will Evans play in college? Depending upon the position Evans will need to continue to improve his overall speed and quickness and add more power and muscle.

Projected level: Rivals has Carter Evans listed as an unranked recruit in the Class of 2021.

My Early Thoughts of Carter Evans?

I've been able to see Evans every year since his freshman season and I've also been impressed with his overall game and physical growth. Evans is really a mix of his older brother Shane along with his older brother Samson in many regards. Carter Evans I feel will end up playing at either tight end or on the defensive line at the high college level. Overall I feel Carter Evans is a low to mid three star ranked recruit who has lots to offer at the high college level.

EDGYTIM Rankings: Low to Mid Three Star

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News