Channahon Illinois
Name: Anthony Williams Jr

Position: Running Back

High School: Bolingbrook

Graduation Year: 2019

Height: 6-foot-0

Weight: 200 pounds

Video Link:

My impressions of Anthony Williams Jr: I've been able to see Williams Jr. live a handful of times in games including this season at a muddy Thornton. Williams Jr. who transferred into Bolingbrook this past summer from Simeon was also a starter in his sophomore season for the Wolverines. Williams Jr. is a pretty quiet, humble kid and also a very strong student in the classroom.

Evaluation of Anthony Williams Jr: Williams Jr. who's every inch of 6-foot-0 and nearly 200 pounds has the attributes of a big back at the high level yet is very capable of running well inside the tackles as well as outside the tackles. Williams Jr. has good speed and burst and when needed can outrun several defenders when required. Williams Jr. also has the frame/size to add even more strength and could eventually be a bigger, stronger and as fast of a back at say the 220 pound range in college.

Williams Jr. was part of a strong offensive backfield in 2017 at Bolingbrook and was able to showcase both his running ability as well as his pass catching skills. Williams Jr. will no question be an every down back who shows good, soft hands and overall ball skills coming out of the backfield or in the slot. Williams Jr. already has the frame and length needed in a big time high level running back, yet I also feel he has the potential to add even a bit more size/strength as well as increase his overall speed over the next 9-12 months. Williams Jr. shows good inside power and the ability to break tackles when needed. Williams Jr. also is a very fluid runner who has terrific feet and very good overall balance and vision. I also like how Williams Jr. have been able to put up some impressive games/production against a very high competition level, something that I feel I take into consideration more than most other evaluators over the years. Williams Jr. also is a well rounded athlete who will test well at various camps this spring and summer.

Knocks on Williams Jr. you ask? Can at times carry the football in the wrong arm, and will also need to improve and refine on his overall fundamentals/game including getting a bit stronger/quicker especially once he catches the football out of the backfield/in the flat. Yet overall not a whole lot to not like here to be honest. I think some people would call this nitpicking?

Projected level: The best part of Williams Jr. to me isn't hat he's already shown on the field...
yet for me it's what this kid can do over the next year plus both at Bolingbreook and then onto the next level. Williams Jr. has an incredible of potential down the line and has a chance to be yet another highly ranked name out of The Brook in 2019.

I would start out Anthony Williams Jr. as high 3 star ranked kid who will have a real chance at becoming say a lower to mid tier 4 star ranked name. Has a chance to become one of the most sought after running backs in the State of Illinois in 2019.

Reactions: Spartyteacher
Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT