ADVERTISEMENT

ESL & IMG

The Outfit

Dec 15, 2015
Wow! I am suprised we haven’t been talking more about this one! Then again the cave I live in WiFi hasn’t been working very well.

More possible NFL contracts on the field at this game than any others. Will it be broadcasted anywhere?

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Was at GA this weekend and MO last ... his buddies are at MO, JuJu Lovett getting lots of PT. Some in MO clamoring for the strong are of Macon.

Or, he sets out on his own. His old man stayed local at SLU - maybe he wants something out of region.

Or Bama.

No clue.
Good intel. Sounds like its the SEC either way, but I can't imagine he says no to GA or AL.

Where do you think he's going?
Georgia and Mizzou seem to be the two leading options at this point. He apparently told reporters in Georgia that he could be making the decision at the table Tuesday night, so I think it still could go either way.
But I also think as a WR, if you just look at what Bama has produced there recently, they should be pretty tempting

Georgia and Mizzou seem to be the two leading options at this point. He apparently told reporters in Georgia that he could be making the decision at the table Tuesday night, so I think it still could go either way.
But I also think as a WR, if you just look at what Bama has produced there recently, they should be pretty tempting
I don't think it will be bama but they do have Jameson williams, the wr from cardinal ritter. Ex teammate of burden. I'm sure that means something

Was at GA this weekend and MO last ... his buddies are at MO, JuJu Lovett getting lots of PT. Some in MO clamoring for the strong are of Macon.

Or, he sets out on his own. His old man stayed local at SLU - maybe he wants something out of region.

Or Bama.

No clue.
Roll Tide. Would love to see him in Tuscaloosa!

Reactions: corey90
At Mizzou, Burden would be part of a promising core of offensive skill-players... plus incoming quarterback 4-* Sam Horn. “Hopefully Luther comes to Missouri. I think we have a good shot with him,” Horn said. “We got a lot of time to talk and everything. If everything goes as planned, things are looking good for Mizzou.”

You think he's rooting for you to throw him the ball or would he prefer Macon? Hold a clipboard, son.

NIL - Maybe the MO-based Bommarito Automotive Group or whoever thinks they can gain more with an already famous name than in say Atlanta or Tuscaloosa? What more could they offer to supplement his training and transition into the League? They can spend a little bit more to get much more bang.

That's the motive - hell, even a former UFC HW champ is borrowing money for training camps. This is business, gentlemen.

Show him the money and prepare him for the League. Five-star means it's happening "pre-graduation" (HAHAHA) unless you Eff Up.

Last edited:
Show him the money and prepare him for the League. Five-star means it's happening "pre-graduation" (HAHAHA) unless you Eff Up.
Every year there are 5 Star players that do not make it. Wasn’t Jeff Thomas a can’t miss? Gotta think Georgia or Bama is the pick if he wants to maximize exposure. Mizzou does not have many of the 2:30 CBS or prime time ESPN SEC slots.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
Every year there are 5 Star players that do not make it. Wasn’t Jeff Thomas a can’t miss? Gotta think Georgia or Bama is the pick if he wants to maximize exposure. Mizzou does not have many of the 2:30 CBS or prime time ESPN SEC slots.
Sorry Jeff, but you’re a grown man now, I can say this to you: 89 Blocks was very foretelling.

All indications are that LB3 is a quality young man..

No promises but I think this young man fulfills his promise of greatness.

Jeff was far from a cant miss. Also, as far as i know no one thinks it will be bama. These decisions aren't binary. If it was as simple as that, the pick would have been in long ago

Jeff was far from a cant miss. Also, as far as i know no one thinks it will be bama. These decisions aren't binary. If it was as simple as that, the pick would have been in long ago
He was a very high 4/borderline 5 star. #5 WR on the list I saw. Rated higher than Ceedee Lamb, Devonta Smith, Henry Ruggs, Amari Rodgers.

He was a very high 4/borderline 5 star. #5 WR on the list I saw. Rated higher than Ceedee Lamb, Devonta Smith, Henry Ruggs, Amari Rodgers.
You can list every WR rivals rated in the 2017 class. It doesnt change the fact that almost no one considered him a cant miss recruit. He barely made it out of HS

I like the Flyers in this one on 2 conditions 1 the Defense continues to play like they have been playing and 2 the O-line needs to block. If those 2 things happens they can pull this off. Bosco is the better of the two (IMG).

I like the Flyers in this one on 2 conditions 1 the Defense continues to play like they have been playing and 2 the O-line needs to block. If those 2 things happens they can pull this off. Bosco is the better of the two (IMG).
Really? IMG certainly looked like a better team the few times I watched them this year. I actually felt like they matched up better with Bosco

Really? IMG certainly looked like a better team the few times I watched them this year. I actually felt like they matched up better with Bosco
Yes I 've watched several IMG games, Make sure you were watching the right team as they have several, Got me too. But yeah they have National, Varsity, (Blue, White), Post Grads. I think the Flyers are playing the National. Bosco to me is the better of the two, Especially defense. Now IMG 2 RB's are like bowling balls hard to bring down. Still not impressed with the offense though.

Bosco to me is the better of the two, Especially defense
If true this would be shocking to me. According to 247 sports IMG has 10 players ranked in the top 250 of class of 2022 and 7 of those 10 are on defense. That doesn’t include the other top rated players they may have in other classes. If they aren’t as good if not better than Bosco, that would be a coaching failure in my mind.

No matter 1-3 are going to be a tough game. I watched the Mater Dei Bosco game and their is a reason Marer Dei is #1.? The fact we’re talking about ESL playing these teams is exciting, how cool would it be if they could pull off the upset beating IMG.

You can list every WR rivals rated in the 2017 class. It doesnt change the fact that almost no one considered him a cant miss recruit. He barely made it out of HS
What is the indicator of a can’t miss recruit? Being ranked as the 5th best wide receiver is usually a pretty good indicator especially when 10-15 going in the first 2 rounds of the draft nowadays.

What is the indicator of a can’t miss recruit? Being ranked as the 5th best wide receiver is usually a pretty good indicator especially when 10-15 going in the first 2 rounds of the draft nowadays.
One indicator would be if anyone actually called him a cant miss recruit at the time. Ive never heard anyone say that about Jeff Thomas until you.

More goes in to being "cant miss" than just playing football. You have to be able to stay on the field.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT