ADVERTISEMENT

ESCC Week 7 Predictions

ESCC fan

Nov 15, 2003
After a predictable and fairly dull week of ESCC actions, we finally have the big showdown that the whole season has been building up to. But first...

Viator-31 Pats-21....Will the Lions have enough playoff points to get in at 5-4? Shamrocks miss out on the playoffs again--pressure will be on the new coach to make it back in the next year or two.

ND-45 Marian-7...Dons "officially" clinch the playoffs.

Benet-35 JCA-14...Benet will get their 5th win this week and officially punch their ticket with win #6 in week 9.

CoM-28 MCC-24...I think the Corsairs finally get in the win column this week. I like the move of Barnes to RB--get him the ball and he can make things happen.

And...

Marist-21 Naz-16...Marist's DL is the difference in a hard-fought game that is close throughout.

Reactions: Hillini74
Viator - St. Pats = Viator +21

ND - Marian Catholic = ND + 28

Benet - JCA = Benet + 14

CoM - MCC = MCC + 10

Marist - Naz = Marist + 20

Reactions: Hillini74
Viator over Pat's....this is a must win to get to 5 wins for Viator with Naz and ND in Weeks 8 & 9. They should have ample playoff points with Rolling Meadows (5-1) as one of their non-cons.

ND over Marian....long year for the Spartans. They seem to have some talent again on the Frosh level. They need to maintain those players moving forward.

Benet over JCA....the worm has turned in this series.

MCC over CoM....MCC needs this win to keep their slim playoff hopes alive. With all the injuries (no idea on the current status), this has to be a disappointing year for the Hurricanes. This Sr. class was 6-1 in conference as sophs. The future looks challenging for MCC with low numbers in their lower levels.

Marist over Naz....Naz' defense will need to play well to give them a chance. This looks to be Marist's biggest test of the season. Again, taking nothing away from Naz, I would be concerned if I was a Marist fan. If your sternest test is a 5A team (bumped up to 6A due to the success factor), are you prepared for the 8A playoffs? I have doubts.

Jeez, with JCA, CoM and MCC being down good, meaningful games are few and far between these days in the ESCC. Marist narrowly over Naz in the only game that fosters interest.

Viator over pats- eliminating the Sharmocks from the playoffs
Benet over JCA- eliminating JCA from the playoffs for the second straight year
ND over Marian
MCC over Carmel- staying alive despite the injuries, was at the game on Friday against Viator and man was it an ugly game. Too many turnovers and too many penalties if they want to beat ND they can't be that undisciplined
Marist over Naz- If Naz pulls off the upset I think they will be the favorite to win 6a regardless of how good PR has looked. 6a is really turning out look like a really fun bracket to watch this year.

If this plays out this way, that has 4 schools already out of the playoffs, Viator will be on the bubble, and MCC will have to pull of 3 straight (one of them being an upset), leaving 4 for sure in for the most part. It will be interesting to see how many ESCC teams make the playoffs and what they will do when they are there.

If Naz pulls off the upset I think they will be the favorite to win 6a regardless of how good PR has looked. 6a is really turning out look like a really fun bracket to watch this year.

I just don’t see the offense to be able to do either, they have the players though so if they figure it out who knows...

Marist is easily the best team in the conference. They are on a whole different level. Think Naz and ND are 2nd tier then Viator and Benet. Still think Naz should do well in the playoffs

Marist is easily the best team in the conference. They are on a whole different level. Think Naz and ND are 2nd tier then Viator and Benet. Still think Naz should do well in the playoffs
Marist looks impressive on tape....but that schedule make a lot of teams look that way? Will Naz beat them- who knows? Regardless the separation of the teams in the conference can be a factor come playoffs for both...should be fun one to watch.

This guy is so salty about Naz.

It is why they play the games! We will know Friday night.

BTW, they have over 120 penalty yards per game in at least their last 3 games. It is a deficit that at some point they won't overcome.

Marist 49
Naz 14

Don't see that happening at all. First real test for Marist since the rivalry game week 1 vs BR, don't think starters have played a full game since then either. Should be a close one that I can see going either way in the end.

Don't see that happening at all. First real test for Marist since the rivalry game week 1 vs BR, don't think starters have played a full game since then either. Should be a close one that I can see going either way in the end.
You look at not playing a whole game as a bad thing. I look it as a good thing. They are healthy and ready to go. Marist will be able to run the ball all day on these guys.

You look at not playing a whole game as a bad thing. I look it as a good thing. They are healthy and ready to go. Marist will be able to run the ball all day on these guys.
If Marist is a legit 8A contender, they should be able to do that against a 5A team (success factored up to 6A).

there is a world of difference between the 2014 team and this team. Then again, it is why the games get played.
I see some similarities personally, I mean for starters both beat the hell out of Benet and knocked out QB’s.

I see some similarities personally, I mean for starters both beat the hell out of Benet and knocked out QB’s.

The similarity would be the Q's got knocked out both years on late hits, the one that broke the hand of the Q this year was unflagged and late.

The dissimilarity would be that while the 2014 team crushed Benet, this year was a 2 play game, that could have pretty easily gone the other way. All in all Benet still lost.

Although it was a class move the Naz student section chanting in the first half prior to the injury, which did happen in the 2nd half, "take out (QB name)". Just like you reveling in kids getting knocked out of a game (hurt). Stay classy.

2014 was 35-13 and they carted a Naz Soph off the Benedictine field in an ambulance that couldn't get thorough the gate for about 10 minutes during the Varsity game. 2015 was the 33-0 woodshacking.

The similarity would be the Q's got knocked out both years on late hits, the one that broke the hand of the Q this year was unflagged and late.

The dissimilarity would be that while the 2014 team crushed Benet, this year was a 2 play game, that could have pretty easily gone the other way. All in all Benet still lost.

Although it was a class move the Naz student section chanting in the first half prior to the injury, which did happen in the 2nd half, "take out (QB name)". Just like you reveling in kids getting knocked out of a game (hurt). Stay classy.

2014 was 35-13 and they carted a Naz Soph off the Benedictine field in an ambulance that couldn't get thorough the gate for about 10 minutes during the Varsity game. 2015 was the 33-0 woodshacking.

JWarigaku - had my years flipped you are correct. And I distinctly remember that fire zone being blocked while the ambulance was trying to get in, (with many calls over the PA to have the car moved) which was disgraceful, including the part where there was not an ambulance there to start with. As a result of that night there is a zero tolerance tow policy in place, as there should be.

Lol typical pretentious Benet protocol here. Late hits, no flags bla bla bla. Naz blasted you guys, must be a conspiracy. Classless? Get over yourself. Benet gained 69 yards of offense, had a lucky bomb that went through DB’s hands and a scoop and score on a dropped snap. Tell me how close the game was again.

Also the last thing you want to do is talk about classless students behavior. Maybe you would care to track your students twitter accounts, pretty ugly during Naz week. I won’t put the kids name out there but one of your athletes actually got really ugly with the younger sister of a Naz player in ‘14. It was ridiculously over the line but I guess you don’t see anything wrong with that right? (Don’t you dare try to pretend it didn’t happen either because I SA all the tweets, it was the daughter of a dear friend of mine) You can hate on Naz all you want but they blasted you yet again.

Reactions: Southland Fan 2016
Lol typical pretentious Benet protocol here. Late hits, no flags bla bla bla. Naz blasted you guys, must be a conspiracy. Classless? Get over yourself. Benet gained 69 yards of offense, had a lucky bomb that went through DB’s hands and a scoop and score on a dropped snap. Tell me how close the game was again.

Also the last thing you want to do is talk about classless students behavior. Maybe you would care to track your students twitter accounts, pretty ugly during Naz week. I won’t put the kids name out there but one of your athletes actually got really ugly with the younger sister of a Naz player in ‘14. It was ridiculously over the line but I guess you don’t see anything wrong with that right? (Don’t you dare try to pretend it didn’t happen either because I SA all the tweets, it was the daughter of a dear friend of mine) You can hate on Naz all you want but they blasted you yet again.

oh, the dropped snap against sideline after being hit by two defenders? or the other three turnovers?

the unchanged score through the entire 3rd quarter and first six minutes of the 4th quarter? yep, blasted.

Naz had plenty of flags, 135 yards worth, just not on hit that hurt that broke the kids hand.

Benet lost, but, don't fool yourself that it was a blowout. But, good attention to detail.

oh, the dropped snap against sideline after being hit by two defenders? or the other three turnovers?

the unchanged score through the entire 3rd quarter and first six minutes of the 4th quarter? yep, blasted.

Naz had plenty of flags, 135 yards worth, just not on hit that hurt that broke the kids hand.

Benet lost, but, don't fool yourself that it was a blowout. But, good attention to detail.
I was corrected you had 41 yards of offense. 89 passing and -48 rushing. LMAO 38 of the pass yards were on the lucky TD. Take that out of the equation and you gained 3 yards. You’re right Benet was right in that game. Let’s see video of this late hit, you’re full of it.

Reactions: lkhammer57
TPF,

Tell Mike I say hi next time you see him and to visit when he's back east.

I was corrected you had 41 yards of offense. 89 passing and -48 rushing. LMAO 38 of the pass yards were on the lucky TD. Take that out of the equation and you gained 3 yards. You’re right Benet was right in that game. Let’s see video of this late hit, you’re full of it.

See that is what is great about your posting. You say it was a blowout, but, with that anemic offensive output , the score stayed the same all thru Q3 and the first half of Q4. think you might want to examine what was going on that you did not score, that give you great comfort?

you say "lucky" TD pass, it was a 38 yard go route caught at the pylon over two Naz defenders.

you say scoop and score on "botched snap" yet Q turned the wrong way on hand off, then ran towards the sidelines where he fumbled when tackled by 2 players.

I say Benet lost, you say it was a blow out. I say late hit not flagged you say Benet complains about no flags, I point out the 135 yards in penalties you say prove it.

Seriously, explain this to me it was a 3 point game for almost the entire 2nd half, how is that a blow out? in the end Benet lost, that is it. Certainly was not a blow out. It was a loss.

But you have fun tomorrow night. See how it turns out.

If Marist is a legit 8A contender, they should be able to do that against a 5A team (success factored up to 6A).
What does class size have to do with this?? Marist probably won’t compete in 8a but they are still a better team than NAZ.

The roadrunners are way overrated on this board.

What does class size have to do with this?? Marist probably won’t compete in 8a but they are still a better team than NAZ.

The roadrunners are way overrated on this board.
Why are there classes in football? What's the point, if numbers aren't important?

More students => More football players....especially when comparing two private schools that are established powers like Marist and Naz.

Are you even serious with the question?

Reactions: Gforce5
Why are there classes in football? What's the point, if numbers aren't important?

More students => More football players....especially when comparing two private schools that are established powers like Marist and Naz.

Are you even serious with the question?

Yes I am serious. Im saying that conference play class size doesn't matter. JCA has been the best team in the conference for the past decade and they are one of the smaller schools.

Yes I am serious. Im saying that conference play class size doesn't matter. JCA has been the best team in the conference for the past decade and they are one of the smaller schools.
You mean the same JCA who has won a combined 2 conference games the last two years?

You mean the same JCA who has won a combined 2 conference games the last two years?
No, I think he means the JCA who has been the dominant team in the conference for the 30 years prior to 2016.

Reactions: Normdog
Conference champs (per the ESCC website):

17 Marist/Naz (projected)
16 Marist
15 JCA/ND
14 Naz
13 JCA
12 Benet/Naz
11 Marist/Naz
10 Carmel
09 Carmel/JCA
08 JCA

JCA has performed very well the last ten years (especially for a 5A team). I wouldn't call them dominant, though. However, I'm more interested in the current status and the near term projection, as a JCA fan. Next year is big for them. Their Jr. class has numbers and some talent. If they struggle next year (and this year's performance gives me pause), I see them struggling, at a minimum the next two years as well, based on what I've seen from their current frosh and sophs. I would say Marist is the best program in the conference now and for the near term foreseeable future.

I think the point had to do with enrollment. JCA has been the smallest, or one of the smallest schools enrollment wise since it joined the ESCC in the early 80's. Their relatively small enrollment has not kept them from being the best football school in the conference for the last 30 years.

I think the point had to do with enrollment. JCA has been the smallest, or one of the smallest schools enrollment wise since it joined the ESCC in the early 80's. Their relatively small enrollment has not kept them from being the best football school in the conference for the last 30 years.

Thanks. This is my point exactly.

I hear what you are saying, and I realize this is a separate argument, but the football history of JCA is really not all that relevant currently. The school should be proud of the history, but they need to get past it. The current reality is they have a long way to go to even be competitive in this conference. I have faith in Jaws, and he needs to be afforded time to turn the program around. But, make no mistake, the program needs to be turned around. I'm sure he has taken a realistic appraisal of the situation. I would hope fans have as well. The past is the past. Things need to be done differently on many levels to ensure football success in the future. Hopefully, it gets done. This season suggests it's going to take longer than many JCA fans may have hoped.

Conference champs (per the ESCC website):

17 Marist/Naz (projected)
16 Marist
15 JCA/ND
14 Naz
13 JCA
12 Benet/Naz
11 Marist/Naz
10 Carmel
09 Carmel/JCA
08 JCA

JCA has performed very well the last ten years (especially for a 5A team). I wouldn't call them dominant, though. However, I'm more interested in the current status and the near term projection, as a JCA fan. Next year is big for them. Their Jr. class has numbers and some talent. If they struggle next year (and this year's performance gives me pause), I see them struggling, at a minimum the next two years as well, based on what I've seen from their current frosh and sophs. I would say Marist is the best program in the conference now and for the near term foreseeable future.

This post proves my point. Look how good Naz has been. In conference if your good it doesn't matter how small your school is.

Also agree with your assessment on the future...but also include ND and Naz. ND lower levels are dominating. Even Carmel with the Freshmen QB could be dangerous in the future.

Viator - St. Pats = St. Viator +14

ND - Marian Catholic = ND + 25

Benet - JCA = Joliet Catholic +1. goes down to the wire, JCA scores a TD, goes for 2 and gets it for the win in regulation.

CoM - Marian Central Catholic= MCC + 14

Marist - Nazareth = Marist + 10

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT