ADVERTISEMENT

Edwardsville Vs Palatine

Eds calls timeout. 4th down from the Pal 17 with :51 remaining. Looks like they will go for a FG

Other than Westercamp I don't think I've ever seen another receiver do what Johnny Osha did today. 21 catches I think for almost 300 yards and 5 tds. Was incredible.

Other than Westercamp I don't think I've ever seen another receiver do what Johnny Osha did today. 21 catches I think for almost 300 yards and 5 tds. Was incredible.

He's a stud for sure! He took over. E'ville fell asleep in the 2nd half a bit, but scored more points against a tough Palatine defense than anyone else in the season. Great game.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
He broke his teammates record (Matt Lamm) from 2 years ago with the 5td receptions in a playoff game in 8A which also ties an all class record

Reactions: kpjasion
O' Shea had 19 catches for 276 yards and 5 TD's. Also had a conversion catch.

And this kid does NOT have a D-1 offer.

Reactions: kpjasion
O' Shea had 19 catches for 276 yards and 5 TD's. Also had a conversion catch.

And this kid does NOT have a D-1 offer.

What offers does he have? Surely some offers from Drake, Dayton, Butler in the Pioneer league? They Are FCS (D1aa) but not full football scholarships though,...

What offers does he have? Surely some offers from Drake, Dayton, Butler in the Pioneer league? They Are FCS (D1aa) but not full football scholarships though,...

He does have some Pioneer League offers..I do know he visited U of I a couple of weeks back. It is hard to understand what recruiters don't see in him..he's a play maker and a winner..pure and simple. Same as Oles was last year. I hate the whole concept of a couple of inches too short or a couple of tenths of a second too slow. IMO Oles and O'Shea are easily MAC material. Oles already ended up at Butler, let's see where O'Shea lands.

He was All-Conference and All-Area in basketball and volleyball as a junior last year too with those seasons yet to come. Maybe he gets better offers in those sports?

PERFECT example for the train wreck that is the Lake Zurich vs. PN thread from this week... not the fastest kid on the field but ALWAYS one of the best athletes. This week I can't complain (as I have before) that they didn't throw him the ball enough!

Augustana, Butler? Maybe today's game generates some additional interest.

ALL of Palatine's 4 losses this year could have gone the other way with 1 or 2 plays (offense OR defense) going our way in the whole game. Today our D was not able to stop them, but our O was able to keep up. So close.

He does have some Pioneer League offers..I do know he visited U of I a couple of weeks back. It is hard to understand what recruiters don't see in him..he's a play maker and a winner..pure and simple. Same as Oles was last year. I hate the whole concept of a couple of inches too short or a couple of tenths of a second too slow. IMO Oles and O'Shea are easily MAC material. Oles already ended up at Butler, let's see where O'Shea lands.

He was All-Conference and All-Area in basketball and volleyball as a junior last year too with those seasons yet to come. Maybe he gets better offers in those sports?
Volleyball beat option - quality of life, a fake you can play forever. Less completion.

Edwardsville travels across the state and back twice in a weeks time and comes home with two big Ws. Now that’s impressive, not sure how they match up with Minooka but i think the Tigers are on a roll. I think i may have to clear my schedule for Saturday assuming that’s when they decide to play.

Can you imagine getting the band back together with him and Oles down at Butler in Indianapolis? Wow!!

Butler recruiting the Chicagoland area very well. They have offered some good players in the DVC as well. They could be a force in future years to try and knock University of San Diego off the top perch of that Conference!

Oles - is just a flat out Winner. Sometimes over the previous years I thought he would just “will his team to victory” like a positive contagious kinda way that spreads over the team. Just an amazing player. If he doesn’t go down last year??.... I wonder.... not saying anything.... just hmmmm.

I’m happy to hear they threw to him.

Couldn't agree more. Seen/heard a fair amount of rumblings online and thru conversations in both the Barrington and Palatine camps after this weekend.

Barrington for relying on Niro too much, Palatine for not relying on people like O'Shea more(before Saturday).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT