ADVERTISEMENT

Edgy May Know: What if Althoff's Goodwin Plays Football

crusader_of_90

Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
Tim -

If Althoff's Jordan Goodwin has a monster senior year, do you see the nation's major programs pursuing him hot and heavy even with a SLU basketball commitment?

To me - and with no insight whatsoever - the commitment seems list a "placeholder," meaning that I'd be very happy to play hoops at SLU, but if ND comes calling, I'm playing on Saturday afternoons next fall.

Can you check into that with your recruiting contacts?

Crusader they already are....sort of. Had offers from Iowa and Iowa State for football. My Midwest guy Josh felt he was an Iowa State level kid didn't see him as having big time major Power 5 potential. I wasn't blown away with his junior tape but again that can always be a little misleading on a lanky athlete kid like Jordan

Reading up on the A10 hoops season and saw this gem:

The Billikens are stuffed to the gills with strong, tough and athletic players at every position. It starts with point guard Jordan Goodwin. Goodwin is probably the only starting point guard in NCAA Division I currently who was also recruited to play tight end for a power conference. There’s tough, and there’s “our point guard could have been an Iowa tight end” tough.

https://www.a10talk.com/travis-fords-billikens-will-be-a-tough-old-style-group/

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
Jordan Goodwin is having. Stellar but not NBA bound career - averaging a double double as a junior. But he is not a good shooter.

Interestingly, he is bouncing between the top 10-15 in rebounds for D1 hoops. He is 6/3 - no other 6/3 guy makes in the top 100.

Down to a chiseled 210, is it feasible to attempt a career change and play WR after hoops?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT