East Suburban Catholic vs. Chicago Catholic Sun 4/11

BoiseBlue1

Jul 10, 2009
From Standard Bank Stadium in Crestwood, Sunday 4/11:

Providence vs. Marian

Mt. Carmel vs. JCA

St. Rita vs. Carmel

BR vs. Marist

Great baseball on a great day - check it out.

Carmel beat St. Rita 6-5 and Marist rallied for a 10-9 win over Br. Rice in 11 innings. The Crusaders led 8-1.

And although it wasn't part of the event, Notre Dame beat Loyola Academy 9-6 on Friday.

The ESCC flexing its muscle this weekend in the challenge, hopefully they finally get some respect now instead of sun-times and prep baseball report being in love with the Chicago catholic league.. All we need now is the Hillmen finally playing good consistent baseball every game and we'll be right back in the top 10

Originally posted by JC Fan44:
sun-times and prep baseball report being in love with the Chicago catholic league

You're right. But I think the fans and the players know what's what when it comes to ESCC talent. It's just the press that isn't getting the message. But then, that's why the MSM is struggling to stay in the black, no?

Side note-ESCC starts league play Sat, 4/17. CCL started today. ESCC were throwing # 1's for the most part while CCL had to save/rest arms.

Both Koziol kids pitched for Rice, with the older one giving up most of the runs.

The CCL also sent what would appear to be their top 4 teams. JCA came in at 2-6 after having lost 6 in a row. Are they a top 4 ESCC team? No one would suggest Marian is a top 4 ESCC team. ND, Naz and Benet all would have legit claims to be considered as top 4 representatives, but did not play in the challenge. However, that would be splitting hairs and making excuses, which is more of a CCL thing. LOL

"Side note-ESCC starts league play Sat, 4/17. CCL started today. ESCC were throwing # 1's for the most part while CCL had to save/rest arms."

Unreal - this is DOS type material - LOL!

Not sure what gamr you were watching, but Kevin allowed only two runs in four plus. Little Koziol gave up four.

???? because i wrote big deal that Minooka beat JC with its ace while JC didnt and that JC had a better deepr staff?

JC did beat Minooka yesterday 11-2. JC sure started with a tough schedule. 8 of its first 10 games were against ranked teams. In addition, all four of its victories are against ranked teams.(Rita, Minooka, Mt. Carmel and Lemont)

Now This......

...would be a great football lineup for Soldier Field for opening weekend. i would actually go and watch ALL the games(maybe with the exception of PC-Marian...really no point in watching that 1). As it is now i dont even go to openers for MC. Again not end of world as they still have a tough schedule and are in 8A.
This post was edited on 4/14 10:38 AM by DeanOfSelection

makes sense in baseball to do that. A byproduct of that is u will incur some losses as u guys did like Minooka where they have their ace going and u dont. Its baseball not football u really have to play a best of 3 at high school level to see whos best.
This post was edited on 4/14 10:37 AM by DeanOfSelection

Naz beat fenwick last week 13-2. However, a fenwick alum told me fenwick threw their fourth-best freshman pitcher, rested their 2, 3, 4, and 5 hitters, and made everyone else bat left-handed.

u are right.....whoever the starting pitcher is has absolutely no bearing on the outcome of a game and is completely insignificant

Originally posted by 1111SouthFirst:
Naz beat fenwick last week 13-2. However, a fenwick alum told me fenwick threw their fourth-best freshman pitcher, rested their 2, 3, 4, and 5 hitters, and made everyone else bat left-handed.

Obviously this is a joke but it's funny because a Fenwick alumn would legit say those things! They are convinced they are superior to Naz in every facet of athletics and academics... Ohh the Fenwick arrogance!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT