ADVERTISEMENT

East St. Louis vs. IMG

LBIII with a 13-yd. TD catch, but a hold will bring it back. ... Pick six for IMG, 100-yard plus return.
7-0 IMG.

• Angry
Reactions: MS4EVER
I like how ESL was diving though. Running the ball well and I loved the screen call, took advantage of their aggressive defensive linemen

Reactions: MS4EVER
KaTron Allen with a TD run. Penn State bound RB was a monster on the drive. OL is pretty good too. 14-0 IMG with 33 seconds left in 1st quarter.

ESL can't score on a first and goal. Four straight running plays into teeth of defense. IMG will take over at its own 3. IMG broadcast crew has no clue that the Flyers have not attempted a field goal or extra point in quite some time.

Reactions: crusader_of_90
IMG goes 99 yards for a TD just before halftime. About a 13-yard pass play with 16 seconds left. (Receiver is an Illinois commit). Key play -- 32-yard catch on 3 and 12 from ESL one. Pass Int. in EZ on ESL moves ball inside the 15. Couple of nice runs by Allen, another one by a sophomore named Gage. 21-8 IMG

ESL can't score on a first and goal. Four straight running plays into teeth of defense. IMG will take over at its own 3. IMG broadcast crew has no clue that the Flyers have not attempted a field goal or extra point in quite some time.
Why try he same play??????

21-8 halftime IMG. (East Side twice got inside the IMG 10 and came away with nothing). Fisticuffs break out after final play. Broadcasters blame it on Burden. I did not see it, was posting halftime score so i cannot comment.

Burden and one other Flyer has been kicked out of the game, as well as a top player for IMG. ... IMG gets ball to start second half.

• Wow
Reactions: Gene K.
He is a running back as to what Burden is as a receiver. With all that talent on the field, he is a man among boys.

Not sure why East Side plays in these games. Playing a college basically the week before the playoffs start. Nothing to gain but a ton to lose. You get hurt in games like this when you play against teams who are bigger, stronger and faster than you. I see no upside in this. Even if by some miracle you actually win. What does that do for you if it costs you by getting beat up and have guys who get hurt and miss playoff games?

Not sure why East Side plays in these games. Playing a college basically the week before the playoffs start. Nothing to gain but a ton to lose. You get hurt in games like this when you play against teams who are bigger, stronger and faster than you. I see no upside in this. Even if by some miracle you actually win. What does that do for you if it costs you by getting beat up and have guys who get hurt and miss playoff games?
East Side used to play colleges and beat them

• Love
Reactions: Gene K. and MS4EVER
East Side used to play colleges and beat them
In the 80's? IMG is a different beast. They have legit D1 talent everywhere. They win this game by as many as they want. Not exactly how I'd want to roll into the playoffs after getting beaten up by a team as good as IMG. Just hope that they don't have too many guys get too banged up.

Sophomore running back Stacy Gage showing why he's the best in his class in the nation with a long run followed by a TD run. Gage and Allen would like good on any college/ let alone high school team. 49-8 with 1:28 to go. Running clock.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT