ADVERTISEMENT

East Side v Massillon, OH, Streaming on Friday

crusader_of_90

Nov 1, 2003
Sauget, IL
archviewsecurity.com
http://www.massillonschools.org/LiveBroadcast.aspx

All ticketed games will be Geo-Blocked (Blacked Out Viewing) within a 30-mile radius of Massillon.

East Saint Louis Sr High School
Live Broadcasts will be Geo-Blocked 30 Mile Radius from Massillon (Blacked Out Viewing)

Scheduled to broadcast 10/5/18 6:15pm - 10/5/18 9:30pm.

We know ESL can score. Last week, East St. Louis' offense racked up 762 yards of offense and averaged over 10 yards per play.

A trio of Flyers' ball carriers ran wild, led by senior running back Treven Swingler's 222 rushing yards and four scores. Junior running back DeMonta Witherspoon added 176 yards and a touchdown while sophomore quarterback Tyler Macon had 166 yards on the ground and a rushing TD.

The Flyers' defense, on the other hand, is not good. Belleville West Quarterback Jackson McCloskey went 15-for-34 for 271 yards and threw three touchdowns passes to Dominic Lovett, who finished with eight receptions for 111 yards. Senior Will Lanxon caught three passes for 100 yards. DJ Johnson rushed 26 times for 131 yards and two scores.

Massillon, 6-0, is ranked 8th in OH and 100 nationally, by MaxPreps.

Reactions: SkinnyPorter
Go East side! Two traditional powers from their respective states. How do you flyer fans feel this game will shakeout?

Massillion is well coached and can play, The Flyers will have to play good defense, Massillion will adjust as the game goes on, The Flyers will need to make in game adjustments too. Should be a good one. Massillion plays in Paul Brown stadium their fan base is really large. The fan base travels well also so when they schedule away games they have to make sure there is enough seating.

King, Trinity, Eville, West and now Massillion ... does anyone in IL play such a high-level schedule? By high-level, I do NOT mean reputation games - I mean against this year's opponents and their actual success in 2018.

Reactions: Gene K.
King, Trinity, Eville, West and now Massillion ... does anyone in IL play such a high-level schedule? By high-level, I do NOT mean reputation games - I mean against this year's opponents and their actual success in 2018.
Naperville Central did this year. That Kentucky team they throttled went toe to toe with some teams some on this board would declare better than anyone in the state by definition.

Trinity , Ky also happens to be 1-6 this year
Yes I know their record.

Lost to Carmel Indiana by 3
Lost to Warren Central by 1
Lost to Moeller by 7
Lost to Male by 14
Lost to St. X by 14
Lost to Naperville Central by 18 and word was it wasn't that close.

But all those schools except NC are national brands that people here pretend are automatically better than the competition inside the state.

Per calpreps Warren and Carmel are #1 and #4 in Indiana respectively. Warren is #70 in the country while Carmel is 386. Moeller is #16 in Ohio and #220 in the country. Male is #3 in KY and #451 in the country.

Trinity KY was tough in all those games. Nothing like the beating Trinity of St. Louis took in Georgia.

Trinity KY was tough in all those games. Nothing like the beating Trinity of St. Louis took in Georgia.
To be fair, Trinity STL was playing its opening game against a Georgia team who played the week before.

In Georgia, practice starts on 7/25 - in pads on 8/1. Plus, they have spring practices and they can play a game - a full EFFING GAME - in the spring.

Different animal.

And, Colquitt County is a top-10 nationally ranked team THIS YEAR ... not a year ago or decades of good teams. This year - after 7 weeks.

Reactions: flyerforlife
To be fair, Trinity STL was playing its opening game against a Georgia team who played the week before.

In Georgia, practice starts on 7/25 - in pads on 8/1. Plus, they have spring practices and they can play a game - a full EFFING GAME - in the spring.

Different animal.

And, Colquitt County is a top-10 nationally ranked team THIS YEAR ... not a year ago or decades of good teams. This year - after 7 weeks.
I gave you the calpreps rankings for the teams on Trinity's schedule right now. USA Today has Warren Central @13 in the country right now. Trinity of KY was one point the lesser. Meanwhile #20 Colquitt right now, blew St Louis Trinity all the way back to Missouri, no need for a plane ticket.

Different animal is right.

To which I say, BAH!
My only point being these teams people want to hype up because they reside outside of the state aren't what they're made out to be here. Hell, we just watched CBC take a top 5 to the brink. We also watched Edwardsville take CBC to the brink. As far as depth, IL is probably one of the top states in the country. We're not TX or Cali, but after that I bet we'd be competitive.

Add in Florida, Georgia Florida has 20 days of spring ball - Georgia has 10. (Ohio does not have spring ball - it's neighbors KY and IN do.)

I still say Colquitt is the best I've seen this year - THE SPEED WAS OTHERWORLDLY!

Massillon with some nice home cooking but Flyers showing the resilience

Two penalties to start the game for the Flyers.

One after an 8 years run then kid goes for 15.

Witherspoon - makes it 2nd 5. Gets a yard. Ball at the 34.

Third down now first but flags.

Coming back.

Nearly crippled ref marks the yards - 3rd and 9.

Pass first down. Laquan Powell Junior with the reception a Junior.

Second and 12. Ball at the 43 - 15 or so on the ground.

That was an awful on sidekick. What the hell was that? They got the ball at the 40.

Massilion with a big run after catch down to the other 35. Correction ball to the 23. Run was stuffed. East Side is bigger.

Third and 3 at the 16.

Score

Kick deep - great coverage and tackle at 17.

Flags.

Holding.

Ball at the 8.5 ... great hit lift and drive - some taunting and I hope flyers don’t get flagged for the same later.

Run for a first down. Another run for nine. The Bubbas are blocking. Another first down - head to head on ground, no call.

Massillon hits!

ESL runs another 9 - the Qb. 10 yards again but a flag.

Jesus.

Second down - ball at the 36. Now third and 1. First down.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT