ADVERTISEMENT

Early favorites for 2024 season?

Who will be the top ranked qb in Illinois next year ? Elliot, Fitzgerald, or someone else. Looks like a strong class

1A: Lena
2A: Wilmo
3A: Byron
4A: Rochester
5A: Naz
6A: ESL
7A: Mt. Carmel
8A: Loyola

SF returns 14 starters I believe? Plus the QB waiting in the wings is supposed to be really, really good.

Will have to replace 4 on the O-line, their 2 best defensive players, and an All-state QB. Plenty of young talent, but thats a lot to replace. Plus Naz bringing back 18 and being 2 time defending champs will make things tough.

1A: Lena
2A: Wilmo
3A: Byron
4A: Rochester
5A: Naz
6A: ESL
7A: Mt. Carmel
8A: Loyola

SF returns 14 starters I believe? Plus the QB waiting in the wings is supposed to be really, really good.

Will have to replace 4 on the O-line, their 2 best defensive players, and an All-state QB. Plenty of young talent, but thats a lot to replace. Plus Naz bringing back 18 and being 2 time defending champs will make things tough.
Francis will be very good and Palmer is excellent.

Who will be the top ranked qb in Illinois next year ? Elliot, Fitzgerald, or someone else. Looks like a strong class
Man Logan Malachuk is criminally underrated. That has nothing to do with Elliot or Fitzgerald btw both should obviously be mentioned up there.

Reactions: epicbret
Man Logan Malachuk is criminally underrated. That has nothing to do with Elliot or Fitzgerald btw both should obviously be mentioned up there.
I think there is a difference between best high school and best college prospect for qb. I believe the highest rated prospect is from St Charles North but all three that you named are excellent high school players.

Rochester has A LOT of talent on both sides of the ball to replace. The upcoming Sophomore and Freshman classes are where the talent is at, but it's unknown if they will be ready next year to step in and be impactful.

There are 2-3 upcoming Juniors who will figure heavily in the team's success (Stout and Beal), but I can't help thinking next year will be a slight down year for the Rockets, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

That being said, I never doubt DL's propensity to develop talent where it is lacking.

As mentioned, Logan Malachuk at Naz. But also Jonas Williams at Bolingbrook. Honestly wouldn't be shocked if he transferred due to the lack of a strong program at Bolingbrook. His development will be crazy over the next two years.

Reactions: Irish LB and eireog
As mentioned, Logan Malachuk at Naz. But also Jonas Williams at Bolingbrook. Honestly wouldn't be shocked if he transferred due to the lack of a strong program at Bolingbrook. His development will be crazy over the next two years.
Is Bolingbrook within 30 miles of Niles?

Rochester has A LOT of talent on both sides of the ball to replace. The upcoming Sophomore and Freshman classes are where the talent is at, but it's unknown if they will be ready next year to step in and be impactful.

There are 2-3 upcoming Juniors who will figure heavily in the team's success (Stout and Beal), but I can't help thinking next year will be a slight down year for the Rockets, especially on the defensive side of the ball.

That being said, I never doubt DL's propensity to develop talent where it is lacking.
Sounds like the perfect timing for a petition to play up be filed immediately!

I think there is a difference between best high school and best college prospect for qb. I believe the highest rated prospect is from St Charles North but all three that you named are excellent high school players.
Yeah I won’t disagree with you Plumb is more than solid and has significant upside

Trying to get some positive threads going after a bad morning here

Despite having Jack Elliott back, MC will have a huge reload on offense (reload not rebuild). It will be a work in progress but having Elliott will make it easier. Defensively they return some really strong talent with 6 back including 2 All Conference in Mucha and Payne. Stay tuned!

Reactions: MC63
Outside of the perennial favorites/ current champions, I'd add

- CoM, lots coming back including top QB prospect
- Glenbrook South, bring back lots of talent on both sides of ball and will have a ton of sophomore talent from their CSL Freshman champs
- Niles West, 3rd year of system will pay dividends; expect them to be undefeated in conference
- Geneva, the hype was probably a year early. Taylor and Rumoro probably the best RB/WR 1-2 combo in state. I think 2024 will be the year they finally beat Batavia
- WSF, have to be the 5A co-favorites with Naz. All of their Naperville Wheaton youth talent will pay off.

DGN has 4-5 sophomore starters returning

QB Lansu is going to have a standout year
I think the WSS is going to be even tougher next year. The Sophomore classes of York, GBW, DGN and HC all had their best Sophomores playing Varsity, and all had great seasons, beating each other up. HC returns 8 starters on offense, 4 on on the OLine. And the other Sophomore QB in the WSS is also very good.

I think the WSS is going to be even tougher next year. The Sophomore classes of York, GBW, DGN and HC all had their best Sophomores playing Varsity, and all had great seasons, beating each other up. HC returns 8 starters on offense, 4 on on the OLine. And the other Sophomore QB in the WSS is also very good.

York also has a good freshman class. DGN has a stud freshman running back that got moved up to the sophomore team.

Reactions: RD_Watcher
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT