ADVERTISEMENT

Early ESCC team predictions for next season...

Nov 13, 2018
After seeing who graduates, who returns, and who’s coming up, how do you guys think ESCC schools will fair next year? I’m especially interested to hear your views on Naz, Marist, and ND.

Naz graduates a lot but they have JJ which means they should still be good.
NND graduates Gavin and nearly every one of their starters but their lower levels had major success so all may be alright.
Marist graduates a lot but they seem to always recover and their lower levels were very good.

Reactions: sidelinescotty
ND returns their soph QB Anthony Sayles (all conference and a top basketball recruit) and junior RB Julian Schurr (all-conference). Their defense loses a lot of key pieces but does return some talent (including an all-conf LB Anthony Ranallo) and has been consistently tough under d-coordinator Dan DeFranza. Their current junior class was 9-0 as sophs and 8-1 as frosh. Their current soph class was 9-0 this year and 9-0 as frosh.

Schedule will be a big upgrade obviously, but I think a 6-3 finish is realistic.

Naz will be fine

QB JJ McCarthy
RB Derrick Strongs - Leading rusher this year
RB/CB Alex Carillo
WR Tyler Morris- started as a Freshmen this year at CB/WR
LB- Marcus Griffin-
DL- CJ West- Beast
LB- Riley Thiobold- ( I know I spelled his name wrong)
LB- Robert Gurley

And I know I am missing someone.

Reactions: jwarigaku
Naz will be fine

QB JJ McCarthy
RB/CB Alex Carillo
LB- Marcus Griffin-
DL- CJ West- Beast
LB- Robert Gurley

Brevan Reifsteck - Lead team in INTs
Jailon Welch Starting CB
DE Malik Poe
Hanson Bros
Defense returns a lot IMO.

Brevan Reifsteck - Lead team in INTs
Jailon Welch Starting CB
DE Malik Poe
Hanson Bros
Defense returns a lot IMO.

How could I have forgot:
Brevan! My bad. He was a huge part of the championship journey on offense and defense. ( Brevan- dude I am so sorry!)
Jailon was a starting DB with top notch speed.
Malik helped out tremendously on defense and will be a stand out LB or Safety next year.

will definitely need to reload on the OL but the Defense will be fast and nasty again. Will be loaded at RB/WR/and of course at QB.
And they also have a no so secret weapon- Tim Racki!
Younger Keeler is there but heard he is a better D lineman than O

Reactions: crusher1985
Naz will be fine

QB JJ McCarthy
RB/CB Alex Carillo
LB- Marcus Griffin-
DL- CJ West- Beast
LB- Robert Gurley

I think Riley might be best on the defensive line as he grows. His frame is massive, and he's nimble for the size. Kinda like Duke Olges, I see him getting huge and just growing into a athletic DL prospect instead of a hulking LB. Plus Racki sneezes on kids and they become great LBS. Frankly I wish he coached me in HS [SORRY LEN].

West is a beast, so pairing him and Riley would be pretty scary.

ND returns their soph QB Anthony Sayles (all conference and a top basketball recruit) and junior RB Julian Schurr (all-conference). Their defense loses a lot of key pieces but does return some talent (including an all-conf LB Anthony Ranallo) and has been consistently tough under d-coordinator Dan DeFranza. Their current junior class was 9-0 as sophs and 8-1 as frosh. Their current soph class was 9-0 this year and 9-0 as frosh.

Schedule will be a big upgrade obviously, but I think a 6-3 finish is realistic.
Is it a possibility Sayles gets D1 hoops offer this year and quits football for ND next year? He’s a great athlete but with the arm I’ve seen, probably not D1 QB. If he loves football that is great, but isn’t scholarship in hoops?

Is it a possibility Sayles gets D1 hoops offer this year and quits football for ND next year? He’s a great athlete but with the arm I’ve seen, probably not D1 QB. If he loves football that is great, but isn’t scholarship in hoops?
I’ve heard many rumors that Sayles will focus on hoops next two years but obviously we shall see

A legit concern. He already has a couple mid-major offers with a few major programs looking at him. I suspect with a good sophomore season, big time programs will come knocking. From what I have heard, however, he loves football.

I think Riley might be best on the defensive line as he grows. His frame is massive, and he's nimble for the size. Kinda like Duke Olges, I see him getting huge and just growing into a athletic DL prospect instead of a hulking LB. Plus Racki sneezes on kids and they become great LBS. Frankly I wish he coached me in HS [SORRY LEN].

Coach g. This made me laugh. Hard.

West is a beast, so pairing him and Riley would be pretty scary.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT