Bruno 16 - 9 (.64)
Falcon86 31 - 19 (.62)
StonedLizard 27 - 18 (.60)

Others
Goomsback 4 - 1 (.80)
USD 6 -4 (.60)
GodFather 7 -8 (.46)

HF 36-21
NC lacks the defense to slow HF down, this has been their Achilles heel all year and it finally catches up to them.

Batavia 16-14
Two stingy defenses slow each other down but Batavia has a better passing game which is the difference in this dogfight.

And Then There Were Two...
Naperville Central @ Homewood Flossmoor
Wheaton North @ Batavia

Last Week
ClownBaby 5 - 0
CrossBones 4 - 1
FalconPadre 4 - 1
BigJohn 4 - 1
StonedLizard 4 - 1
VooDoo 3 - 2
Falcon86 3 - 2
Bruno 3 - 2
SWSuburbs 3 - 2

Season
CrossBones 27 - 8 (.77)
FalconPadre 37- 13 (.74)
NNFan 27 - 13 (.67)
ClownBaby 33 - 17 (.66)
SWBurbs 23 - 12 (.65)
VooDoo 31 - 17 (.64)
BigJohn 25 - 14 (.64)
Bruno 16 - 9 (.64)
Falcon86 31 - 19 (.62)
StonedLizard 27 - 18 (.60)

Others
Goomsback 4 - 1 (.80)
USD 6 -4 (.60)
GodFather 7 -8 (.46)
Nice job CB. I hope you are wrong this week.

Reactions: ClownBaby
Nice job CB. I hope you are wrong this week.

I would like to be wrong, I think the winner of WN/ Batavia makes it down State. Rain will help the Falcons and the current forecast calls for it so you never know.

Geez I’m not liking either of these matchups. Totally agree on the NC run D. Have to hope the NC O can score a lot of points. WN much better matchup for a potential win in my mind.

Can I abstain for the week and see what happens? I sure hope one or both make it to the Quarters!

I'm a DVC homer. Plus I can only move up in the standings with DVC wins...

NC
WN

My take...

Naperville Central @ Homewood Flossmoor
Wheaton North @ Batavia

And because I'm a sore loser, I vote we move to a point per correct guess system next year (therefore putting me in 4th place ;))!

Geez I’m not liking either of these matchups. Totally agree on the NC run D. Have to hope the NC O can score a lot of points. WN much better matchup for a potential win in my mind.

Can I abstain for the week and see what happens? I sure hope one or both make it to the Quarters!

You can't be too afriad to pick when your name is Voodoo Tatum...

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
This week must be bad for me - having to slip my man pants on twice in one week is just too much to bare... however

Only for you Stoney!

HF - i want NC to win but it’s at HFs place weather is not supposed to be great, and I’m not convinced NC going to be able to contain Hall (I don’t think they have seen a RB like him yet this year). Going with HF

WN - my mind says to pick Batavia as I believe they are more balanced offensively - but my gut tells me there is something magical about WN’s season this year and they are destined for a deep run (perhaps even to Dekalb). WN in 10 overtime’s

Man pants now back off... mid riff outfit now back on (and I look great by the way for a middle aged man that is)

Last edited:
Only two teams left but this is definitely the hardest week to pick so far even with NC and HF having a common opponent in recent weeks. I also have Evanston1's theory that HF doesn't lose at HF even though they already did this season. So that is confusing. Looks like rain is not going to be a factor tonight or tomorrow but cold has some effect on receivers hands, QB accuracy, etc. So here we go:

NC @ HFHS. Voodoo had some good points that made me re-consider this game. NC did put 9 in the box against WN but that actually wasn't that effective. Still ran on them pretty effectively. The difference really was 4 turnovers. A blocked punt that led to a 3 yard drive and a fumble recovery that led to a 43 yard drive aided by penalties. If NC can get 4 turnovers against HF then they win. Getting 4 turnovers is pretty tough in any game especially against an experienced backfield like HF's. So I am going with:
HF 28 NC 21

WN @ Batavia. Man if you like to watch defense then this is the game of the weekend. Take out the SCN game for Batavia and the NN game for Wheaton North and you have the two most stingy defenses in 7A. Both are fast and hard hitting. Breaking it down I give the slight advantage to the Falcons in the secondary with two stud safeties and corners that play man to man and let the line go to work. Batavia has two beasts at LB that fly to the ball so I give them the edge at the second level. On the D line, I believe the starters are a wash but WN goes 9-10 deep here. This could be a big factor in the 4th quarter. On offense I know everyone thinks that WN is just a running team and if you stop the run, you have a chance. That was the case most of the year but the Falcon passing attack has really come alive the last three weeks and definitely has to be respected. Lots of speed and height at receiver and a tight end that will level you. Batavia has three speedy backs and a QB with a quick release, reliable receivers and a tough tight end that loves the seam route. Because Batavia has had more balance all year, I give the slight edge to Batavia on O. Special teams. WN hasn't given up a long KR or PR all season. The kicker can kick 40 yard plus field goals and punts everything over 40 yards. Batavia's kicker appears to be solid. Punter is hit or miss. Edge to the Falcons. Batavia is home team and more playoff experience so you can see why this game is 14-13 on Massey and Edgy is calling it a pick em.
I am going with Massey's pick in reverse:
WN 14 Batavia 13.

Voodoo you messed me up. Should have stuck with my original hunch.

Sorry Falcon! I was squirming back and forth as well. I really wanted to pick NC and if I knew they would get a pick 6 and so many favorable calls - I would for sure have picked them!!

Most importantly - get a good night sleep tonite. Fans need to be ready to help root North into the quarters tomorrrow!!

Sorry Falcon! I was squirming back and forth as well. I really wanted to pick NC and if I knew they would get a pick 6 and so many favorable calls - I would for sure have picked them!!

Most importantly - get a good night sleep tonite. Fans need to be ready to help root North into the quarters tomorrrow!!
Lol I hear ya. My son went to bed at 9. Thx.

Tough loss for the Falcons. Should have won in regulation but missed a chip shot field goal. Batavia realized WNs best corner got knocked out in the Waubonsie game and burned his backup twice for tds. Batavia converted a 4th and very long at the kids expense. That got Batavia to overtime where WNs coaches made some bizarre play calls on offense. The games was there for their for the taking so tough loss to swallow. Good luck to Batavia!

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT