ADVERTISEMENT

DuKane Season

I like it, I would figure they play rivalry games up front to make sure they are played then have a tourney.

Im ready for the Clown Cup I already commissioned Enrico Pallazzo to design this years version.

Last edited:
1st three weeks conference games, second 3 weeks a conference "tournament"?
wondering if this is fact or just a suggestion? The one drawback of this is that it's definitely possible that a team would play one or two games against an opponent it already played during the first three games. You can have two four-team pools for three weeks of play. And then the No. 1 team in one pool plays the No. 4 team in the. other pool. etc. But after that first round of tourney games, rematches from the first three weeks of play are likely to occur.

wondering if this is fact or just a suggestion? The one drawback of this is that it's definitely possible that a team would play one or two games against an opponent it already played during the first three games. You can have two four-team pools for three weeks of play. And then the No. 1 team in one pool plays the No. 4 team in the. other pool. etc. But after that first round of tourney games, rematches from the first three weeks of play are likely to occur.
It's a fact. Was wondering about people's thoughts

basically DuKane broken into 2 subconferences -- ST Chucks, Batavia, Geneva for one; Wheatons, Glenbard, Lake Park in the other.

Will be no rematches in first playoff week then potential for the semis and championship. Obv, the first subconference would appear to be much stronger at the top.

basically DuKane broken into 2 subconferences -- ST Chucks, Batavia, Geneva for one; Wheatons, Glenbard, Lake Park in the other.

Will be no rematches in first playoff week then potential for the semis and championship. Obv, the first subconference would appear to be much stronger at the top.
I dont think its set up that way. I think its all cross games based on how you do in first 3. I don't believe there will be any rematches in final 3 games. From what I have heard week 6 will be #1 from one "division" vs #1 of other

I dont think its set up that way. I think its all cross games based on how you do in first 3. I don't believe there will be any rematches in final 3 games. From what I have heard week 6 will be #1 from one "division" vs #1 of other
If you play your three pool games and then play two more games against teams from the other pool, that leaves you with five games played and one to go.
So let's just say for the sake of argument that Pool A has teams WXYZ and Pool B has teams MNOP.
After three weeks, W is 3-0, X is 2-1, Y is 1-2 and Z is 0-3. In the other pool, M is 3-0, N is 2-1, O is 1-2 and P is 0-3.
What you are saying is that in Week 6, that Pool A winner W (3-0) will play Pool B winner M (3-0). But what happened to the games from Weeks 4 and 5.
That is not a bracket or a tournament of any kind. Let's just say team W loses weeks 4 and 5 and is now 3-2, Team X wins weeks 4 and 5 and is now 5-1. What you are saying is that in week 6, the finale, Team W will play Team M because they finished first in their pools. If that's the case and Team W wins to finish 4-2 and Team X also wins Week 6 to finish 5-1, that the "championship game' is between team W and Team M and because it won its pool and won Week 6 that it is the conference champ even though W finished 4-2 and X finished 5-1.
That obviously makes no sense.,
What they have to be doing is playing an eight-team bracket with the No. 1 seed playing the other pool No. 4 seed in Week 4. That day, No. 2 in pool A will face No. 3 in pool B, etc.
The four winners will then advance to the semis on Week 5 and those two winners will play for the league title on Week 6. And with that format, the odds are in favor of at least one rematch in the bracket and possibly two.
If you are playing five weeks of games and then putting the two top records against either in Week 6 for the league title, there's no purpose in having pools. Everybody plays five opponents and the best records play for the title.
If you play 3 pool games and the winner of each pool plays for the title in Week 6, that means weeks 4 and 5 are irrelevant exhibitions that don't count in the league standings.
You might want to check with somebody from the league. As you have described it, weeks 4 and 5 are irrelevant. And if weeks 4 and 5 do count in a team's standings in the pool, there really is zero reason to have a pool. Play five games using the round-robin format and then week 6 is the two best records playing.
There is no bracket, there is no three-week tournament. It's five games for each team and the top record in one pool plays the top team in another pool. And after five weeks, the pool standings could change from the three-week standings and then yes a rematch is possible.

The DKC totally redid its fall schedule. The 8 schools are divided into 2 sets by county, DuPage and Kane. The first three weeks are pool play. Weeks 4-6 are seeded. The Kane schools host week 4 and the DuPage schools host week 5. The week 6 hosts won't be decided possibly until the winners from week 5 are decided.

All games start at 5:30p on Friday. With April 2 (the 3rd week) being Good Friday, there may be a switch with one game, WWS @ WN. The schools aren't sure whether it will play on the Thursday before or the Saturday after. There are no preliminary games.

Speaking from a game officials perspective, you might be limiting your pool of available officials by starting at 5:30pm. Most veteran varsity crews haven't worked earlier than 7pm on Fridays for a long time. Not everyone can get out of work to make a 5:30pm start. Sub-varsity crews do it, but the experience level is lower, obviously. The fact that we might have to show up dressed might make it a bit better.

If you play your three pool games and then play two more games against teams from the other pool, that leaves you with five games played and one to go.
So let's just say for the sake of argument that Pool A has teams WXYZ and Pool B has teams MNOP.
After three weeks, W is 3-0, X is 2-1, Y is 1-2 and Z is 0-3. In the other pool, M is 3-0, N is 2-1, O is 1-2 and P is 0-3.
What you are saying is that in Week 6, that Pool A winner W (3-0) will play Pool B winner M (3-0). But what happened to the games from Weeks 4 and 5.
That is not a bracket or a tournament of any kind. Let's just say team W loses weeks 4 and 5 and is now 3-2, Team X wins weeks 4 and 5 and is now 5-1. What you are saying is that in week 6, the finale, Team W will play Team M because they finished first in their pools. If that's the case and Team W wins to finish 4-2 and Team X also wins Week 6 to finish 5-1, that the "championship game' is between team W and Team M and because it won its pool and won Week 6 that it is the conference champ even though W finished 4-2 and X finished 5-1.
That obviously makes no sense.,
What they have to be doing is playing an eight-team bracket with the No. 1 seed playing the other pool No. 4 seed in Week 4. That day, No. 2 in pool A will face No. 3 in pool B, etc.
The four winners will then advance to the semis on Week 5 and those two winners will play for the league title on Week 6. And with that format, the odds are in favor of at least one rematch in the bracket and possibly two.
If you are playing five weeks of games and then putting the two top records against either in Week 6 for the league title, there's no purpose in having pools. Everybody plays five opponents and the best records play for the title.
If you play 3 pool games and the winner of each pool plays for the title in Week 6, that means weeks 4 and 5 are irrelevant exhibitions that don't count in the league standings.
You might want to check with somebody from the league. As you have described it, weeks 4 and 5 are irrelevant. And if weeks 4 and 5 do count in a team's standings in the pool, there really is zero reason to have a pool. Play five games using the round-robin format and then week 6 is the two best records playing.
There is no bracket, there is no three-week tournament. It's five games for each team and the top record in one pool plays the top team in another pool. And after five weeks, the pool standings could change from the three-week standings and then yes a rematch is possible.
I am well aware of how brackets work, I am simply stated what I have heard from people from 2 different schools in the conference. I have been told there will not be rematches, the last 3 weeks are all cross overs. I guess we will find out soon enough.

Speaking from a game officials perspective, you might be limiting your pool of available officials by starting at 5:30pm. Most veteran varsity crews haven't worked earlier than 7pm on Fridays for a long time. Not everyone can get out of work to make a 5:30pm start. Sub-varsity crews do it, but the experience level is lower, obviously. The fact that we might have to show up dressed might make it a bit better.
Ha most of the officials at the varsity level have been sub par for years! It’s the good ole boy network! It’s time for the younger guys take over. Hard to say, but I’m 60 myself, but it’s reality. Sorry for the truth. Some guys need to let the younger guys take over you are only hurting the kids playing!

I see BigDog’s a 60 year old New Member...must have just crawled out from under a rock...which would explain the fact that he doesn’t know that there are NO YOUNG PEOPLE SIGNING UP TO BE NEW OFFICIALS...probably because of critics like him that know nothing about officiating. We’ll make sure to send you some recruitment material for new officials so you can get to work, Dog

Reactions: Chief321 and dieter
BigDog may get his wish. I am pretty sure there will be a group of veteran officials that this past fall has prompted them to simply hang it up. There is another group that have decide to put things on pause until they feel safe getting back on the field, hopefully next fall. No doubt the pool of officials, which was already getting smaller, has accelerated its reduction in numbers. A few notable veteran posters on this board have taken the challenge and signed up. Any other takers?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT