ADVERTISEMENT

DuKane Conference Week #8

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
Only two weeks remain and things are getting tight!!!

Geneva @ LP
StE @ WN
StN @ Batavia
WWS @ GBN

2ngg6u0.jpg

LP over the surging Vikings
STE over the Falcons whose defense finally got too tired to carry the offense any longer. Now they can get ready for B Ball and Wrestling season.
Batavia continues their dominance of the new conference.
WWS over GBN who will also be hitting the mats and hard courts very soon.

Lake Park over Geneva: Good on the Geneva program showing some fight last week. That stuff matters in rebuilding.

StE over WN: StE strikes early and often

Batavia over StN: I like StN but Batavia is just better.

WWS over GBN: WWS suffocates GBN.

LP - but I don’t feel good about it
STCE
Batavia
WWS

I think the Clown Cup is going to come down to whoever gets the GBN/Geneva Game next week correct (unless we have another upset or tough game to pick next week)

LP - but I don’t feel good about it
STCE
Batavia
WWS

I think the Clown Cup is going to come down to whoever gets the GBN/Geneva Game next week correct (unless we have another upset or tough game to pick next week)

StE/ Wn
Gen/ GBN
WWS/ StN

Will all be games where the crowd will split on who they think wins. Plus if WN wins this week their game with Batavia may get interesting next week.

StE/ Wn
Gen/ GBN
WWS/ StN

Will all be games where the crowd will split on who they think wins. Plus if WN wins this week their game with Batavia may get interesting next week.

Geez yeah. Two tough games to pick. I think the crowd will lean to Chuck East though in week 9.

Geneva/GBN
WWS/STCN

Those two will decide the Clown Cup with possible upset pick WN playing a factor.

Sheesh I have fallen so far I'm now tied with @ClownBaby ;)

GEN - mostly hoping to make up some ground in the Clown Cup and LP has only 2 wins against dumpster fire teams. Yes I said dumpster fire! Geneva looking to finish strong and walk away with some semblance of pride left.

STCE - Saints get back in the W column after playing a very tough 3 quarters against Batavia and beating themselves with 3 red zone turnovers. Do I think the Saints should have won that game...well...let's just say they should have been within striking distance late in the 4th quarter. They need to win out to claim a playoff spot and that's what they'll do.

BAT - Yes they are very good but expect this one to be a good game. STCN won't give the ball away 3 times in the red zone like the Bull Dogs last opponent (yes I'm still inconsolable about the turnovers). Batavia is at home and they are good enough to find a way to win a close game. They go to 8 - 0.

GBN - OK...I know ..but finishing in second or third place in the Clown Cup is like finishing second or third place in life. I could take the heavy favorite like everyone else but this one gives me a shot to climb back into striking distance of VooDoo and BataviaDogs heading into the final week. So, I just became a Panther fan for 1 week. Besides, I hate to see anyone go winless at home and this is their last chance to celebrate on their own field. Plus... maybe this is a perfect trap game for WWS considering they already made the playoffs and they could be looking right past this game. Gotta aim high to win a Clown Cup folks. Just sayin.

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
Geneva 12-7
Toughest game to pick but I think LP is shot after being eliminated from the playoffs last week and Geneva is on cloud 9.

WN 21-20
The Falcons have the best defense in the league and StE has a pretty pourous defense that even WN will be able to score against.

Batavia 31-20
These games have been close the last few years and this will be no differnt but the Bulldogs are a more complete team.

WWS 31-10
No team has enjoyed kicking the Tigers while they have been down the last few years more then GBN, WWS returns the favor in Carol Stream.

The Falcons have the best defense in the league and StE has a pretty pourous defense that even WN will be able to score against.

Here's my "homer" reply... The STCE defense is not porous. They struggle in pass defense but are usually pretty solid against the run. Even though they have given up 49 points (avg of 24.5) over the last 2 games, holding BAT to 14 points until 1:27 left in the game is not indicative of a porous defense. Holding STCN to 7 points until very late in the 3rd quarter is not indicative of a porous defense. They've had a few meltdown moments that have marred an otherwise strong defensive performance in most cases.

Also, I think the WN defense will be tested hard tonight and next week against Batavia.

Here's my "homer" reply... The STCE defense is not porous. They struggle in pass defense but are usually pretty solid against the run. Even though they have given up 49 points (avg of 24.5) over the last 2 games, holding BAT to 14 points until 1:27 left in the game is not indicative of a porous defense. Holding STCN to 7 points until very late in the 3rd quarter is not indicative of a porous defense. They've had a few meltdown moments that have marred an otherwise strong defensive performance in most cases.

Also, I think the WN defense will be tested hard tonight and next week against Batavia.

10ppg. WWS
11.1 Batavia
13.5 StN
15.7 WN
20.4 StE
23 LP
30.1 GBN (yikes)
35.7 Geneva (double yikes)

StE is bottom half defense in the league and the ppg numbers are skewed since they are a ball control option offense. They may have played well the last week but StN still put 28 points on the board.

10ppg. WWS
11.1 Batavia
13.5 StN
15.7 WN
20.4 StE
23 LP
30.1 GBN (yikes)

StE is bottom half defense in the league and the ppg numbers are skewed since they are a ball control option offense. They may have played well the last week but StN still put 28 points on the board.
is this just the conference games ppg, or non-con included?

Have to take the non con games out of the mix. Several Dukane teams feasted on cupcakes and some did not so that will skew the numbers quite a bit since it’s 2 games out of the 7 total.

[QUOTE="ClownBaby, post: 173926, member: 650"

]10ppg. WWS
11.1 Batavia
13.5 StN
15.7 WN
20.4 StE
23 LP
30.1 GBN (yikes)

StE is bottom half defense in the league and the ppg numbers are skewed since they are a ball control option offense. They may have played well the last week but StN still put 28 points on the board.[/QUOTE]

Some of the Dukane teams played tough non con games and some played cupcakes. Removing the non con games shows a different ranking.

Batavia 39 points for 7.8 per game allowed
STCN 45 points for 9.0 per game allowed
WWS 70 points for 14 per game allowed
WN 71 points for 14.2 per game allowed
STCE 122 points for 24.4 per game allowed
LP 124 points for 26.8 per game allowed
GBN 165 points for 33 per game allowed
Geneva 170 points for 34 per game allowed

You can see that STCN and Batavia scheduled up for non cons and gave up some points in their wins (and north’s loss to Bolingbrook) but when they get in Conference their defenses seem to be the two best in the Dukane.

Besides being a great pronosticater you obviously are into statistical data to help with your picks. Now I see the reason why you are at the top of several lists. Can't argue with statistical data and logic . What schools did you go to? I'm sure they would be very proud of the end product! Is there a formal ceremony for the awarding of the Clown Cup? If so, I'll have to get my tux out of storage.

[QUOTE="ClownBaby, post: 173926, member: 650"

]10ppg. WWS
11.1 Batavia
13.5 StN
15.7 WN
20.4 StE
23 LP
30.1 GBN (yikes)

Some of the Dukane teams played tough non con games and some played cupcakes. Removing the non con games shows a different ranking.

You can see that STCN and Batavia scheduled up for non cons and gave up some points in their wins (and north’s loss to Bolingbrook) but when they get in Conference their defenses seem to be the two best in the Dukane.[/QUOTE]

Wheaton North has the best defense in the league they are really good and the MLB is outstanding and he is only a JR. The problem they have is they are on the field for 30 mins a game.

You can see that STCN and Batavia scheduled up for non cons and gave up some points in their wins (and north’s loss to Bolingbrook) but when they get in Conference their defenses seem to be the two best in the Dukane.

Wheaton North has the best defense in the league they are really good and the MLB is outstanding and he is only a JR. The problem they have is they are on the field for 30 mins a game.[/QUOTE]

Yes I can feel wheaton Norths pain believe me on that front.

Yes - the PPG average does not account for teams that have minimal offense so their defense is left on the field most of the game.

I tend to agree that WN’s D is probably the best in the Dukane. I am wondering what they would look like with a decent offense? A real threat in 7A I’m thinking. Combine WWS and WN? Maybe a top threat in 8A to rival LWE. Think about it - combining those two schools would put them at an enrollment about where Stevenson is - roughly 4000 kids.

Reactions: FalconPadre
5 more turnovers for STCE. They don’t know how to hold onto the football. I’m beyond words. I have to restrain myself from laying some heavy criticism where it really belongs. Perhaps when the season is over...

For anyone to say WN's defense is better than Batavia's or STN's is crazy, I'd even take STE's D ahead.. Watch film and go see some of these DuKane games please..

For anyone to say WN's defense is better than Batavia's or STN's is crazy, I'd even take STE's D ahead.. Watch film and go see some of these DuKane games please..

@Tain33 - as a Wheaton North alum, can't you give us something? Anything? We did graduate something like 50 players from an excellent team a year ago. :)

Congrats, by the way, on Batavia's success. It's a lot of fun when your school is going good.

@Tain33 - as a Wheaton North alum, can't you give us something? Anything? We did graduate something like 50 players from an excellent team a year ago. :)

Congrats, by the way, on Batavia's success. It's a lot of fun when your school is going good.
I'm sure WN will compete and it will be a good game.. I just feel there is a lot of ho humness towards the Bulldogs and anything west of 59 so I agitate.. It's a demon of mine..

fyi, Batavia will graduate 40+ sr's this year but the Jr's have never lost(if they weren't playing up last year) and this years sophmores are undefeated in a sort of dominant way..

Reactions: Seyton
I'm sure WN will compete and it will be a good game.. I just feel there is a lot of ho humness towards the Bulldogs and anything west of 59 so I agitate.. It's a demon of mine..

fyi, Batavia will graduate 40+ sr's this year but the Jr's have never lost(if they weren't playing up last year) and this years sophmores are undefeated in a sort of dominant way..

I wouldn't worry about that west of 59 perceived bias (real or imagined who knows?). People who know, know.

Based on my own experience, if I had to guess, Batavia, Geneva, et al were very small when I was growing up (I'm 47). I'm guessing that mindset still prevails in some way even though we all know those schools are just as big or bigger now.

But like I said, people who follow this stuff know how good they are. Rest assured.

EDIT: I'm 45. Man... I might as well be 85 I guess...

Reactions: Tain33

Well I certainly can't blame Batavia for my poor finish in the Clown cup. I know a lot of programs would love to have the year in, year out consistency that the Bulldogs have accomplished over the last many years that I've been watching.

Lake Park over Geneva: Good on the Geneva program showing some fight last week. That stuff matters in rebuilding.

StE over WN: StE strikes early and often

Batavia over StN: I like StN but Batavia is just better.

WWS over GBN: WWS suffocates GBN.
If you like STN pick them..

I wouldn't worry about that west of 59 perceived bias (real or imagined who knows?). People who know, know.

Based on my own experience, if I had to guess, Batavia, Geneva, et al were very small when I was growing up (I'm 47). I'm guessing that mindset still prevails in some way even though we all know those schools are just as big or bigger now.

But like I said, people who follow this stuff know how good they are. Rest assured.

EDIT: I'm 45. Man... I might as well be 85 I guess...
I'm in my fitties, we're not getting older, we're getting longer..

Reactions: Seyton
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT