ADVERTISEMENT

Doesn't look good for.....and gotta feel good for...

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
Feel free to add as well...

CPL teams (I know a broken record but still.....Payton prep score? smh)

Interested in Central State 8 now after seeing a close call win by Glenwood over Lemont....

Maybe the DVC is a bit better than maybe I thought? Was impressed with WV/NV played a good team in Warren tough and NC big win?

Central Sub South (minus Swagger High...for now)

NIC-10....close call win by Hononegah losses by Rock E and Belvidere N

Still even more confusion on the Mid Sub.....Hersey rolls but RM a close call over Alton?

Gotta feel good for....

Glenbard East and Maine West....

Reactions: illinigrim
Concerned about the Southwest Prarie. I thought NC would win convincingly, but by that I thought maybe 3 TDs spread. Not a 35-3 score at half time to coast with the brakes on to a 42-10 win. That was a beatdown.

Let’s see how the SWP games go tomorrow with Oswego East and Minooka (we won’t learn anything on Oswego in round one with them playing Taft,....so will have to wait to round two when they might face Loyola (or Minooka again).

All in on praise for OPRF. They’ve married the perfect defensive scheme with really good athletes and are patient on O. That soph QB is winning big games and may not be experienced enough to fear BR. They might get a wake up in BR but that OPRF defense is the real deal.

Prairieland Blue...both Farmington & Elmwood-Brimfield soundly knocked out first round...resulting in a 12-13 game in 3A south, including 13 Greenfield (who knocked out 9-0 Farmington) and 12 Pleasant Plains, who went to the 3A title game as a 16 seed last year...

Chicago Hope goes to defending 2A champ Gibson City...perhaps GCMS can send Hope a welcome package including a viewing of the classic horror tale "Children of the Corn" shown at the Harvest Moon drive in movie theatre, surrounded by cornfields...might make GCMS as scary for Hope as some schools find playing at Hope...

Stillman Valley still run the double wing? IC gets to go play a small town power run team on grass...Any JCA fans still believe IC can't defend the double wing? I don't see any way for IC to go to CC for the semis, assuming both were to get there...But 4A South is setting up for Rochester to have to go to McNamara for the semis...

Reactions: doctor_d
Concerned about the Southwest Prarie. I thought NC would win convincingly, but by that I thought maybe 3 TDs spread. Not a 35-3 score at half time to coast with the brakes on to a 42-10 win. That was a beatdown.

Let’s see how the SWP games go tomorrow with Oswego East and Minooka (we won’t learn anything on Oswego in round one with them playing Taft,....so will have to wait to round two when they might face Loyola (or Minooka again).
Conferences where schools don't play any Non Conference games usually do poorly with the exception of the Rockford Conference(NIC10)

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
Prairieland Blue...both Farmington & Elmwood-Brimfield soundly knocked out first round...resulting in a 12-13 game in 3A south, including 13 Greenfield (who knocked out 9-0 Farmington) and 12 Pleasant Plains, who went to the 3A title game as a 16 seed last year...

Chicago Hope goes to defending 2A champ Gibson City...perhaps GCMS can send Hope a welcome package including a viewing of the classic horror tale "Children of the Corn" shown at the Harvest Moon drive in movie theatre, surrounded by cornfields...might make GCMS as scary for Hope as some schools find playing at Hope...

Stillman Valley still run the double wing? IC gets to go play a small town power run team on grass...Any JCA fans still believe IC can't defend the double wing? I don't see any way for IC to go to CC for the semis, assuming both were to get there...But 4A South is setting up for Rochester to have to go to McNamara for the semis...

Can’t wait to see 4a unfold.

I have said it for years. That Peoria/Central IL area is a joke For 3a/4a football

Got to feel good about JCA. Great group of hard working seniors who took there lumps on varsity for three years. Played some hard good talented teams during the season that helped them prepare for the playoffs. They seem to be firing on all cylinders now. Certainly a team to watch for in 5a. Go Hill!!!!

Reactions: pjjp
Got to feel good about JCA. Great group of hard working seniors who took there lumps on varsity for three years. Played some hard good talented teams during the season that helped them prepare for the playoffs. They seem to be firing on all cylinders now. Certainly a team to watch for in 5a. Go Hill!!!!
Last night was the first game I've seen since the Benet game. The defense seems to be playing much better, and they seem to have gone away from the Double-wing, which seems to have sparked the offense.

Was Lake Forest an above average 5-4 team or is Phillips vulnerable? Folks will say PR has no shot because they are run only but ask WV about their defense. This is looking to be a great game.

Was Lake Forest an above average 5-4 team or is Phillips vulnerable? Folks will say PR has no shot because they are run only but ask WV about their defense. This is looking to be a great game.

I’m taking PR over Phillips.

Love PR triple option. Agree that there is no threat of passing from PR O.... but they run that triple offense like a surgeon. I hear CG is even better running it this year which is scary to contemplate. PR D is solid when they are not crab blocking on the DLine. That said -Any offense that can air it out effectively will be a big problem for PR D especially if their DLine are on the ground trying to clog up runnning lanes.

I think PR and CG are the front runners in 6A.

Reactions: Gene K.
Last night was the first game I've seen since the Benet game. The defense seems to be playing much better, and they seem to have gone away from the Double-wing, which seems to have sparked the offense.
Do you remember when I got ripped for play calling earlier in the year? Well guess what? The play calling changed and with little new looks and JCA looks like a different team on offense. JCA had to do something to get those 9-10 defensive players out of the box. Will be hard to watch film on JCA if every week they add new things. The talent is there to run many different things. 18-19 starting seniors helps. Just my opinion. Go Hill!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT