ADVERTISEMENT

Did you listen to IHSA Anderson's radio interview yesterday morning??

LovetheDrake2

Jun 23, 2020
Anderson stated clearly that everyone was good to go w/ their Phase 4 plan then IDPH and the Governor's office got wind that multiple players from Lake Zurich tested positive for Covid and that freaked them out and they made those drastic changes to no contact and mandatory face masks. Now I heard that 36 kids at the Lake Zurich football camp tested positive as they were party's for the 2 weekends prior to camp starting. So are you telling me that they are about to cancel football for the entire state of IL this fall due to a bunch of Lake Zurich kids not being responsible and partying before their football camp?? I am angry and disappointed that we can't find a solution! Remove Lake Zurich from playing this year, but don't cancel the season if no other programs are having this problem!

Reactions: Kevin JCHS 81
Anderson stated clearly that everyone was good to go w/ their Phase 4 plan then IDPH and the Governor's office got wind that multiple players from Lake Zurich tested positive for Covid and that freaked them out and they made those drastic changes to no contact and mandatory face masks. Now I heard that 36 kids at the Lake Zurich football camp tested positive as they were party's for the 2 weekends prior to camp starting. So are you telling me that they are about to cancel football for the entire state of IL this fall due to a bunch of Lake Zurich kids not being responsible and partying before their football camp?? I am angry and disappointed that we can't find a solution! Remove Lake Zurich from playing this year, but don't cancel the season if no other programs are having this problem!
Largely agree but we don't have to remove LZ. We just let everyone play. I strongly don't believe in any of the liability hype since you can't prove how you got a virus, but it's becoming clear the only way out of this is a waiver. Let people sign one and play, if that is what it takes. The interview certainly points out that there was definitely some disagreement with IHSA and IDPH. It's almost like we cant have a positive case anymore, ANYWHERE. That is simply impossible to do.

Can students/players refuse a COVID-19 test?

Personally, don't understand why so many people are rushing out to get tested when our government is using the data against our freedoms.

BOYCOTT COVID-19

Reactions: Gene K.
Can students/players refuse a COVID-19 test?
I'm not aware of any IL school code or law that requires minors to have to get tested. I'm sure they are strongly being asked to get tested by parents and the school. But that's a good question. I'm not aware of anything in the legal books yet that says they simply cant say no to a test.

What the IHSA, IDPH, and Governor's office is review by 7/31 if any other programs (outside of Lake Zurich) have new positive cases as all teams are practicing right now. If cases are not prevalent then there is no reason they shouldn't at least attempt to have a season. My arguement still stands, whether the boys play football or not, cases would not be any lower if they don't play. In fact, not playing will promote more irresponsible behavior (parties and gatherings) but they could wash their hands from any liability. Can't wait to see the uproar when Indiana and Wisconsin play and we can't.

"The IHSA change may be due to a number of COVID-19 cases being reported at Lake Zurich High School’s summer camps that shutdown the workouts." - per article on highschoolfootballamerica.com

Would be very, very sad if they cancel football for the state of IL due to a bunch of irresponsible kids from Lake Zurich. I hope they look at this as an isolated incident, however this article is consistent w/ what Anderson said yesterday on his radio interview. Give it a few more weeks, if no more outbreaks amongst football players then let them play!

Reactions: RD_Watcher
Would be very, very sad if they cancel football for the state of IL due to a bunch of irresponsible kids from Lake Zurich. I hope they look at this as an isolated incident, however this article is consistent w/ what Anderson said yesterday on his radio interview. Give it a few more weeks, if no more outbreaks amongst football players then let them play![/QUOTE]

This is an isolated incident. So is Glenbrook South and Quincy Notre Dame, and Loyola (didn't make the papers)

Would be very, very sad if they cancel football for the state of IL due to a bunch of irresponsible kids from Lake Zurich. I hope they look at this as an isolated incident, however this article is consistent w/ what Anderson said yesterday on his radio interview. Give it a few more weeks, if no more outbreaks amongst football players then let them play!

This is an isolated incident. So is Glenbrook South and Quincy Notre Dame, and Loyola (didn't make the papers)[/QUOTE]

you left out dunlap.

Reactions: Hillini74
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT