ADVERTISEMENT

DeKalb vs. Champaign

What is the preferred site for IHSA Championship games?

• Total voters

Cat Box

Sep 23, 2012
Do you prefer one venue over the other or keep as is, alternating from Champaign (even numbered years) to DeKalb (odd numbered years)

Would love detailed feedback on your preference reason.

Dekalb is infinitely better at hosting than Champaign. They embrace it.

I say Bloomington-Normal using ISU and IWU... I hate the 10AM games for a championship game.. in perfect world with ISU playing FBS football

Friday at 1:00
1A at IWU
3A at ISU

Friday at 4:00
2A at IWU
4A at ISU

Friday at 7:00
5A at ISU

Sat... 6A, 7A and 8A at ISU

Reactions: CoachMadBlitzer3
I say Bloomington-Normal using ISU and IWU... I hate the 10AM games for a championship game.. in perfect world with ISU playing FBS football

Friday at 1:00
1A at IWU
3A at ISU

Friday at 4:00
2A at IWU
4A at ISU

Friday at 7:00
5A at ISU

Sat... 6A, 7A and 8A at ISU

They will never play two simultaneous games with classes competing for attention.... man I thought you just hated privates.... you are just proving to be ridiculous (thats my nice, forum wording).

They will never play two simultaneous games with classes competing for attention.... man I thought you just hated privates.... you are just proving to be ridiculous (thats my nice, forum wording).

The question was what I would like... 4 games at one venue is too much in one day

Keep in mind that ISU has had a successful football team over the past few seasons and they play at the FCS level that starts their Playoffs the same weekend that the IHSA plays their State Championships. There is the possibility that ISU would host a Round 1 Home game so it's doubtful that Normal will ever be used again.

Keep in mind that ISU has had a successful football team over the past few seasons and they play at the FCS level that starts their Playoffs the same weekend that the IHSA plays their State Championships. There is the possibility that ISU would host a Round 1 Home game so it's doubtful that Normal will ever be used again.
ISU is a successful program. Music to my ears. Illinois is far from that and it’s irrelevant for this discussion, but I had to get in my dig.

I agree with Bias here! On top of that, I know Tucci Stadium at IWU is a fine facility and I know it would only be for 1a and 2a but that would suck for those kids to have to play at Tucci stadium instead. I Don't know the capacity of Tucci and how many people attend the 1a and 2a games, but would IWU even have proper seating for the crowd? I would find it hard to believe with their limited visitor side seating

Illinois Wesleyan is too small. ISU wanted in this time around but the renovations to Hancock didn't start/weren't completed yet so they were out. I'll have a ton on this soon

Illinois Wesleyan is too small. ISU wanted in this time around but the renovations to Hancock didn't start/weren't completed yet so they were out. I'll have a ton on this soon
When's the next contract

I liked Niu better. 4 hours less drive time helped too! One complaint is the lack of replays during the game. There were very few replays during the 6A game. That was the only game we attended so that may not have been common to all games.

Reactions: LOYAL2PR
I liked Niu better. 4 hours less drive time helped too! One complaint is the lack of replays during the game. There were very few replays during the 6A game. That was the only game we attended so that may not have been common to all games.
Agree! Definitely would have liked to have seen the “missed” field goal from a different angle too.

NIU should be permanent..especially for 5-8A! Shoot even 3A & 4A north teams could be within 2hrs. The Batavia crowd was nuts, then the LWE crowd arrived #Wow Oh, Fattys wasn't too packed either, went after the 5A and 7A games. Illinois seems too big and looks empty when watching on TV

It wasn’t clear from our seats and my comment was not implying the call wasn’t correct it was just a very hard angle to see from the PR side.
from the Naz side it was very clear probably wide about 3-5 feet.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT