ADVERTISEMENT

Dean, JCHILLTOPPERS.....

MWittman

Nov 22, 2004
I watched the National Title game with great interest last evening and the outcome was just as I had predicted: A Tide victory.

Interestingly enough, a friend sent me several screen shots of Lane Kiffin's Twitter account, all of which illustrated the sanctimonious little weasel attempting to pose as some sort-of "shadow assistant coach" during the game. Both you and JCHILL have frequently attempted to persuade me of Lane's genius and I remain totally unconvinced. Remember: We still have a bet over his record at the conclusion of his fifth year at FAU, if he lasts five years. Knowing you, Dean, you will welsh just as you did after you lost a bet with me over Brother Rice qualifying for the playoffs in 2012. To demonstrate how I seethe goodwill, I will resist the temptation to reveal the conditions of the bet and spare you a significant amount of embarrassment on this forum.

Lane may consider himself a mere caretaker at FAU and headed for greatness after a return to an illustrious program, but I am willing to state right now he will remain in the margins of college football coaching for the remainder of his career. Let's set aside his underwhelming record with the Raiders (5-15), UT (7-6), and USC (28-15), and fixate on his attitude. Who tweets at his former team questioning the playcalling? What idiot tweets at Nick Saban's team and questions the playcalling?

His overall record sucks (Yes, I said sucks), but his tweets are the reason he won't get hired away for another head coaching job.

Reactions: PRokie
No one even wants to respond to MW, but alas, i must. MW is like the grinch who stole christmas, but the one that never grew a real heart.

I watched the National Title game with great interest last evening and the outcome was just as I had predicted: A Tide victory.

Interestingly enough, a friend sent me several screen shots of Lane Kiffin's Twitter account, all of which illustrated the sanctimonious little weasel attempting to pose as some sort-of "shadow assistant coach" during the game. Both you and JCHILL have frequently attempted to persuade me of Lane's genius and I remain totally unconvinced. Remember: We still have a bet over his record at the conclusion of his fifth year at FAU, if he lasts five years. Knowing you, Dean, you will welsh just as you did after you lost a bet with me over Brother Rice qualifying for the playoffs in 2012. To demonstrate how I seethe goodwill, I will resist the temptation to reveal the conditions of the bet and spare you a significant amount of embarrassment on this forum.

Lane may consider himself a mere caretaker at FAU and headed for greatness after a return to an illustrious program, but I am willing to state right now he will remain in the margins of college football coaching for the remainder of his career. Let's set aside his underwhelming record with the Raiders (5-15), UT (7-6), and USC (28-15), and fixate on his attitude. Who tweets at his former team questioning the playcalling? What idiot tweets at Nick Saban's team and questions the playcalling?

His overall record sucks (Yes, I said sucks), but his tweets are the reason he won't get hired away for another head coaching job.
Didn't he also tweet about Nick Saban's temper? Saw a video clip of Saban yelling at him on the sidelines. I agree about Kiffin... will never stay anywhere very long and overrated IMO. What he did to Tennessee was classless. He is a weasel.

Reactions: MWittman
I myself saw a game handed to the tide. Maybe I’m nuts, but they got most every call or no call.

AND...after watching Saban walk on the field with someone walking behind him carrying his water, I couldn’t muster up any word besides TOOL.

Reactions: jwarigaku
No one even wants to respond to MW, but alas, i must. MW is like the grinch who stole christmas, but the one that never grew a real heart.

JC:

I addressed only you and Dean, but am always willing to confront and respond to any member who chooses to make a rejoinder to me. As far as your readiness to reply to me, I see you are just a little less craven than your erstwhile pal Dean, who has yet to find the stiffness of spine to counter my assertions over Kiffin.

Naturally, none of what I wrote was challenged by you on factual grounds.

As for the Grinch, unlike you and Dean, both of whom spend an inordinate amount of time chasing down crackpot conspiracy theories, I prefer to live in reality or as close to it as humanely possible. Therefore, comparisons to the Grinch are senseless; I find it more appropriate to serve up a comparison to Ebenezer Scrooge.

Reactions: NNFAN and USD24
JC:

I addressed only you and Dean, but am always willing to confront and respond to any member who chooses to make a rejoinder to me. As far as your readiness to reply to me, I see you are just a little less craven than your erstwhile pal Dean, who has yet to find the stiffness of spine to counter my assertions over Kiffin.

As for the Grinch, unlike you and Dean, both of whom spend an inordinate amount of time chasing down crackpot conspiracy theories, I prefer to live in reality or as close to it as humanely possible. Therefore, comparisons to the Grinch are senseless; I find it more appropriate to serve up a comparison to Ebenezer Scrooge.
Not sure if I agree with what you, but I have to commend you on your mastery of the English language!

JC:

Advantage: MWittman JC: Your serve
Bonus points for incorporating the words "rejoinder", "craven", and "erstwhile" in response.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT