ADVERTISEMENT

De La Salle Enters The Modern Era

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007
DjCpopaU4AAwjlJ.jpg

DjCpopZU8AE5sel.jpg

The turf is the capper in the whole project, you should see the weight room and facilities upgrade inside.

Is Hanson Stadium is out of commission this fall?

Give me a hundred buckets of green asphalt sealant and I'd have the job done and the crew in the Happy Cracovia by lunch.

Last edited:
Reactions: Bowie50
The turf is the capper in the whole project, you should see the weight room and facilities upgrade inside.

St. Rita is doing the same with beautiful new weight room and locker room. It is sad that schools such as SR and DLS have to cater to young men with fancy facilities; investing millions of dollars that should be directed toward scholarships. I remember when St. Rita guys took pride in their cramped, leaky gym and 108 yard football field and dingy locker rooms. It was a sense of toughness and home field advantage.

St. Rita is doing the same with beautiful new weight room and locker room. It is sad that schools such as SR and DLS have to cater to young men with fancy facilities; investing millions of dollars that should be directed toward scholarships. I remember when St. Rita guys took pride in their cramped, leaky gym and 108 yard football field and dingy locker rooms. It was a sense of toughness and home field advantage.
I am curious to hear more about this 108 yard field. Was it really 12 yards short of a full field? Or was it 118 yards and just 2 yards shy? Regardless, it would be interesting to see how many fields aren't measured properly for all 120 yards.

Reactions: PanthersWildcats86
Your so right. Carmel weight room was a gutted out leaky classroom when I was there, and we still dominated people. It was a sense of toughness

Your so right. Carmel weight room was a gutted out leaky classroom when I was there, and we still dominated people. It was a sense of toughness

A gutted out leaky classroom?!? Luxury!
We had little more than a darkened hole in the foundation.
And we liked it!

Reactions: ClownBaby
I am curious to hear more about this 108 yard field. Was it really 12 yards short of a full field? Or was it 118 yards and just 2 yards shy? Regardless, it would be interesting to see how many fields aren't measured properly for all 120 yards.
metro east lutheran used to play in a bowl that was 119 yds long. they also had a corner in the endzone that was 2' higher than the other corners. lots of fades were thrown into that corner.

What was the enrollment when you were there? I betting it was much higher so there was no need to provide first rate facilities since there was a much bigger pool of kids to choose from not to mention the added competition from new CPS selective enrollment and suburban schools.

Different day and age man. If you don't have to have sub-par facilities I'm not sure why you'd want to have them. And do you know where the money is coming from? If you do let me know as I do not know. But if someone donated and wanted it to specifically to go to that, then that's where it's going.

how much was SR tuition back then compared to today's check that has to be written?

Argo got their old turf replaced with brand new state of the art turf complete with some kind of cushion beneath the turf to add years to turf & decrease concussions big time.Any update on Hansen being shut down this year?

album
album
Next Friday night our kids play their first game on the new field. To say that the De La Salle people are happy with the new athletic complex would very much be an understatement. The Meteors deserve something amazing like this.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K. and ignazio
What else was done to this new athletic facility? Did you guys put bleachers on visitors side? I think I heard about a new weight room, but what was done to the football field besides the turf?

What else was done to this new athletic facility? Did you guys put bleachers on visitors side? I think I heard about a new weight room, but what was done to the football field besides the turf?

The Rice guy is asking about visitor side bleachers?
Here we go.

The Rice guy is asking about visitor side bleachers?
Here we go.
Yeah, because BR admittedly has small bleachers. DLS literally had NONE because of the baseball field situation. Just wondering if they corrected that. You’ll know I mean business when MC starts playing at its home field & if they don’t somehow construct Soldier Field level visitor bleachers, Feeto will not hear the end of it!

Reactions: RockSoup
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT