ADVERTISEMENT

CPS - Games of the Week (8)

CPSFan

Nov 15, 2015
Just thought I would create this since playoff season is almost upon us and these games will have an impact on seeding as well as a couple being big rivalry games. These are all conference championship games.
Calpreps predictions follow just for reference.

Phillips(7-0) vs Solorio(6-1) @Solorio Fri 10/13
[2017] Phillips [Wendell] (Chicago, IL) 35, [2017] Solorio Academy [Eric] (Chicago, IL) 17

Simeon(4-3) vs Curie(6-1) @Gately Fri 10/13
[2017] Simeon (Chicago, IL) 21, [2017] Curie [Marie Sklodowska] (Chicago, IL) 17

Hubbard(4-3) vs Morgan Park(5-2) @Gately Thu 10/12
[2017] Morgan Park (Chicago, IL) 22, [2017] Hubbard (Chicago, IL) 21

Urban Prep Bronzeville(5-2) vs Hyde Park(4-3) @Eckersall Sat 10/14
[2017] Urban Prep-Bronzeville (Chicago, IL) 31, [2017] Hyde Park (Chicago, IL) 8

Last edited:
I went to a Morgan Park/Hubbard game some years back that was so live. I miss those days.

Not for Solorio it's not, if they beat Phillips, Raby wins the conference

3 Way tie goes to defensive points allowed between Raby Solorio and Phillips in CPS unless it has changed in past couple seasons. So Solorio has to win and give up less than 34 points to win conference.

Reactions: zowens73
Defensive points allowed between the 3 teams.

Raby 48(2 games)
Solorio 14
Phillips 28

I went to a Morgan Park/Hubbard game some years back that was so live. I miss those days.

1990s Morgan Park vs Hubbard was intense. Boatload of talent on both sides of the field that ended up playing Div. 1 ball.

Hubbard 28 MP 14 final

Hubbard wins conference

Morgan park now needs to win their week 9 game in order to make the state playoffs. They don't have enough power points to make it otherwise.

Last edited:
Hubbard 28 MP 14 final

Hubbard wins conference

Morgan park now needs to win their week 9 game in order to make the state playoffs. They don't have enough power points to make it otherwise.

I think they are ok on points but would be close.. They will get a 3rd place Illini teams who will likely have between 4-5 wins. They will get another 4 or 5 this week and go into week 9 with 34 or 35 points.

You were right about Phillips offense. Nothing to right home about and quite a few turnovers. Defense is tough though.

Phillips offense is average, not denying it. Their defense will carry them to the trophy.

Lane Tech defeats Taft 26-23 in 2OT

This changes the week 9 CPL matchups a bit.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT