Jul 29, 2011
Skokie, IL
I don't know why I always do this but why not:

Big Shoulders:

Lincoln Park 6-0
Mather 6-0

Great Lakes:

Back of the Yards 6-0
Agricultural Science 3-1 Need to beat Harper to qualify as they would be short on points.

Second City:

Sullivan 5-1 Sullivan plays Phoenix week 9. Winner is in.
Phoenix 5-1
Orr 5-1 Win vs. Urban Prep required, otherwise Urban Prep, Orr, and the loser of Sullivan/Phoenix are in a 3 way tie and I'm not going through the permutations and neither is Soucie :):)

Windy City:

UP Bronzeville 6-0
Hyde Park 4-2 Win and Second, but not necessarily in on Points as they would be 5-4 (33 now)
UP Englewood 4-2 Win and should get in on Points (36 now)
King 4-2 OUT on tiebreaks regardless (lost to both HP and Englewood)

Hyde Park plays Englewood, King Plays Bronzeville.

Last edited:
I still think CPS should take top 16 Chicago Conference teams, top 16 Inter City teams and top 16 Illini in Prep Bowl playoffs.Let Illini face each other, same with Intra City then Chicago.Semfinals Intra City Champ vs Chicago Champ that winner vs Illini Champ.Winner to Prep Bowl

I still think CPS should take top 16 Chicago Conference teams, top 16 Inter City teams and top 16 Illini in Prep Bowl playoffs.Let Illini face each other, same with Intra City then Chicago.Semfinals Intra City Champ vs Chicago Champ that winner vs Illini Champ.Winner to Prep Bowl

good idea I think.

Not to beat a dead horse but lets take it.Give the kids something to shoot for.I talked with a guy at a game at Gately a few years ago.I shut him up.He said you don't know much about football.He said do you know what would happen to the Intra City Conference schools in the City playoffs? I said yes.The same thing that happens to almost every CPS school in the state football playoffs each year!!! I said there are blowouts all over in the playoffs sometimes in the title game.It happens. Some coaches have told me they think the setup is stupid and talk is of going independent so they have a shot and making the state playoffs.

You could eliminate the intra city conferences and say 1 team from each of the 8,9, or 10 Chicago conferences get in.

Just reorg CPS into conferences based on enrollment. When dealing with all of the 300 student schools, include geography in the reorg. Re-visit every four years and change according to current enrollment at that time. Each CPS school should be in the same conference for all sports. Having schools in multiple conferences for multiple sports is absurd. Eliminate the promotion-relegation model and make them all eligible. Only allow the top 2 or 3 in each conference to compete for the Prep Bowl

Rumor has it, there is expected to be some major conference realignment in the off-season along with some teams dropping to 8 man football or eliminating programs all together.

Teams that forfeited should not be allowed to have a varsity schedule in my opinion. Prove that you can sustain by building from the ground up. All freshmen teams should be 8 man. Sophomores can be 11 on 11.

Rumor has it, there is expected to be some major conference realignment in the off-season along with some teams dropping to 8 man football or eliminating programs all together.

Teams that forfeited should not be allowed to have a varsity schedule in my opinion. Prove that you can sustain by building from the ground up. All freshmen teams should be 8 man. Sophomores can be 11 on 11.

Has there been any talk of some co-op teams? Combine a couple of programs? Or is that logistically undoable from the schools and kids standpoint?

I noticed that some of the really really small programs outside of Chicagoland have co-op teams.

Robeson was a Co-op along with Perspectives as they have multiple campuses. I believe bussing to and from practice is one problem with teams opting to co-op. Walking isn't a good option in many cases. There are some schools that share buildings/facilities who should do it though. For example Collins & North Lawndale.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
I'd just like to see everyone have a chance and new blood in the Prep Bowl.same with Catholic League.If you are in CCL you can play in the Prep Bowl playoffs.Was sad Hales or SFDS never got in the Prep Bowl

Last edited:
Reactions: UlbKA91

Realignment will still be done in a way that makes no sense. CPS refuses to fix things completely, instead being content to put a temporary band-aid on things and have the same wound open up in a year.

There are only 5 schools in CPS with a freshman team anyway. What CPS should do is eliminate sophomore football and go with Freshman, JV and Varsity. The purpose of a freshman team is to get kids experience in the varsity system. Keep them separate. Sophs, Juniors, and Seniors can play varsity with the kids that don't play a lot in the game playing the next day in a JV game.

Reactions: superac777
E2_EEB9_F4_FAAA_49_F4_986_E_6_B964_DB7_FEBA.jpg
E2_EEB9_F4_FAAA_49_F4_986_E_6_B964_DB7_FEBA.jpg

Has there been any talk of some co-op teams? Combine a couple of programs? Or is that logistically undoable from the schools and kids standpoint?

I noticed that some of the really really small programs outside of Chicagoland have co-op teams.
There are 50+ football co-ops in the state. I see four Chicago school co-ops for football. In many small towns, sports co-ops were the first step in school consolidations, as the school was usually the cornerstone of the small town. The Friday night football or basketball game was the place to be...So many CPS schools share facilities / stadiums that the small town "home field" advantage doesn't exist. The CPS schools aren't "defending their turf" quite the same as, say, Wilmington...But the transportation issues at CPS are probably far more complex than at rural 1A co-ops, where the kids from one school just get on a bus to the other...

My alma mater (Manteno) did not start football on its own until 2002. In the early / mid 90's, Manteno & Peotone tried co-oping. It was very difficult for the kids to co-op knowing that the traditional rivals were not likely to ever consolidate. All the games were at Peotone; Peotone had football homecoming, but Manteno had basketball homecoming. Moreover, since Peotone was an independent, it made scheduling a nightmare.

But CPS would not have those issues: the co-ops could be equal because neither school in many cases is actually defending the home turf (too many schools play at Gately, for example, for any to consider it home turf like the small towns). Scheduling would not be a problem, as the CPS schools could continue to largely play each other. And the product would likely improve on the field...

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT