ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick 'EM CPL Playoff Edition #2!

GhostOfTheGhhost

May 14, 2018
Hold on to your hats! (Seriously, it is supposed to be pretty windy on Saturday in Roscoe Village.) It is time for the CPL Semi-Finals! Two Games. One Venue. Of course the fine red coat security is going to make everyone leave the stadium between games, because...obviously, but nothing will keep us from getting down to the final teams next week- unless the bathrooms aren't working at Lane, in which case we are going to have to leave at some point... ON TO THE PICKS!

Phillips vs Kenwood 11:30am Lane
Word around the CPL is that the Kenwood coach is going to leave Kenwood and become the Simeon HC. The only thing I am going to become is happy when I hit up the Liberty Lounge to pregame on Saturday morning, and the Roscoe Village pub to postgame Saturday afternoon. Or will I do it in reverse? After all, the Liberty is closer and I might need a bathroom after holding it at Lane Stadium!
Phillips!

Simeon vs Whitney Young 4:30 Lane
Simeon had to get a score late in the 4th last year to beat Taft in the City Championship at Gately. I remember because the concession stand was out of Gately dogs, it was freezing, and I was starving and having an internal debate on whether to roll out to the car and get wings down the street at the Citgo to warm up. Bottom line, Simeon is used to playing football late in November, while WY is not. While Simeon has a tradition of football in November, I'm guessing WY kids are normally at the indoor tennis courts getting a few sets in, or at the same indoor club getting ready for rowing season. Not the same.
Blue and Gold!

BONUS IHSA PLAYOFF PICK!!
Morgan Park vs St. Francis 12:30 St. Francis

CPL vs CCL before the prep bowl! High school football fans across the state are in a fever pitch! The matchup everyone wants!
Mustangs!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT