ADVERTISEMENT

CPL Pick’em Week 2

Schwab54

Nov 13, 2016
Week 2 is here and here’s are the top games!

Rauner vs Senn
Rauner is coming off of a big week 1 win vs Rowe Clark. Senn had the opening week bye so you know the DAWGZ are ready to bite. Governor Pritzker has a dog and former Governor Rauner doesn’t. Pritzker beat Rauner, so give me the Dawgz over Rauner by 18.

Bogan vs CICS Longwood
Bogan opened up the year with a loss while the Longwood was able to beat their opponent. If you go on the Internet you mostly see Longwood getting beat, but I don’t see that today. I see the Longwood beating off Bogan by 30.

Fenger vs Noble Hansberry
I always pick Fenger, it’s like a rule I have. I was mad they didn't hire Coach Finger this offseason since Finger sounds like Fenger, but still I picked Fenger week 1. But they let me down! No more Fenger I say! Give me Hansberry by 14(but I hope I’m wrong, GO FINGERS!)

Hyde Park vs CVS
Hyde Park is where Laurence Holmes lives. Laurence Holmes does the Bears post game show. The Bears are the teams Dick Butkus played for. Dick Butkus went to CVS. The game is cancelled due to unplayable conditions as the field is flooded from Chicago’s tears.

Clemente vs Schurz
Gronk said he’s back if Brady wants him. Little Gronk plays for Clemente, this news will energize him as he puts the team on his back and leads them to victory, Clemente by 12.

Michelle Clark vs Viators
Well ladies and germs the boys of Michelle has grown up. My man Percy took his positivity and shined his beacon of light on those young men and they finally sprouted with a big win last week. Now they take a step up in competition and play St Viators. Ain’t no stopping the Beacons now!!!
Michelle by 20

Kenwood vs De La Salle
The Meteors don’t like the Public League much which means I don’t like meteors. But really meteors are just dust and debris and who the hells like that? But you know what I do love? #HorsePower! Well today I’m taking the horse to the old town road and I’m sure as hell gonna ride till I can’t no more!
#HorsePower by 8

Hubbard vs Orr
Hubbard had a week 1 win vs Brooks, while Orr stumbled against Westinghouse. Orr presents a bigger challenge for the Hubbard Greyhounds this week though so I expect a good game. This game comes down to a simple question with a greyhound clearly not being able to row a boat, can it swim? I say NO! Row the Boat by 2!

Rauner vs Senn.

There is a legendary story about the DAWGS that has them once showing up an hour late to a game, coming off the bus in uniform, running directly onto the field, and then winning by 30 in a rout. Senn didn't play week one. Not necessary when you can ball like that. Take the DAWGS

Bogan vs. Longwood
There is a White Castle directly across the street from Bogan. Pre Game meals must be awesome. Bogan in a blowout.

Fenger vs. Hansberry
Fenger opened it's doors in 1893. Hansberry opened for business in 2013. Edge to experience. Edge to history. Edge to a team named the Fingers. Fingers by 10.

Hyde Park vs CVS
Bernie Mac. 1975 Graduate of CVS. RIP. Dude was funny, about as funny as Hyde Park thinking they have a chance against a school that was once run by the US Navy. That's hilarious. Pick CVS

Clemente vs Schurz
Schurz traveled outside of the city last week. They had better athletes. They had better coaches. They barely lost in an upset. Not this week. Bulldogs by 34

Michelle vs St Viator
Every time I see Viator, I think Vader. Both the Vader from Star Wars and the pro wrestler with the cool mask thing. Either of those Vaders would beat Michelle on their own. 11 Vaders? Michelle has no chance. Take the Death Star.

Kenwood vs De La Salle
I know the Kenwood preaches horsepower...I'm old school and would prefer things like, "bringing the wood," "laying the wood," or, "chopping wood." But, then again, I'm old. No matter, Kenwood with a big win.

Hubbard vs. Orr
Hubbard has 2 b's. Orr has 2 r's. R is closer to W in the alphabet, and Orr has two r's. Obviously, Orr will win.

Can't believe I missed week 1. My health is not in the best shape, as I have been declared dead a few times. But alas, I keeping rising for CPL Pickem, so glad football is back just like me!

Rauner vs Senn - Rauner was awful in office, gave me a real constipated feeling, just like his school in football. Keep the stomch feeling good with the DAWGZ.

Bogan vs. Longwood - So many jokes about Longwood, laughter is supposed to be good for your health, I'll stick with Longwood.

Fenger vs. Hansberry - Fenger fingers? No thank you, have experienced way too many fingers these days, unlike that deadspin story from the Bears game last night. Give me the berries of Hans.

Hyde Park vs CVS - Hyde Park got beat up last week. Larry got them good. I'm always in CVS, getting all my meds, so tired of those damn meds, I just want to get healthy. Give me Hyde Park getting healthy against those pharmacists at CVS.

Clemente vs Schurz - Clemente has baby Gronk, huh? Well last I checked he said he's done. I know bad backs they come and go. I also know TB12 will call him out come playoff time but until then Gronk is a nothing. Give me Schurz.

Michelle vs St Viator - Beacon of light being shined? Yup, you guessed it, trying to avoid that bright white light shining every time I go to sleep. Viator keeping me alive.

Kenwood vs De La Salle - Horsepower, Horses, so many horses dieing on the track this year, especially in California, ruining so many bets. No thanks, avoid death by taking the Meteors, oh wait...

Hubbard vs. Orr - Greyhounds, yes! Haven't seen them doggies dieing on the tracks like them horses. Go Hubbard!

Rauner vs Senn
Rauner lost the election to the guy Blago tried to sell the senate seat too, and Blago is about to get let off the hook! Wow, sounds like the Dawgz are about to bring the hammer of justice down upon these political criminals. And they’re gonna show up an hour late to do it. Senn, 34-20

Bogan vs CICS Longwood
A White Castle by Bogan? That sounds like an excellent source of protein, but that can’t be good for the digestive system. The Long Woods are going to blowout Bogan, just like Bogan is going to blowout the porta potty’s at halftime. Longwood wins the game of inches 21-20

Fenger vs Noble Hansberry
A fair point has been. Fenger, does in fact sound like finger. Fenger Fingers 24-10.

Hyde Park vs CVS
Every time I go to CVS I always get a ridiculously long receipt. I mean it serves no purpose in its length. It’s asinine. Like, cmon man it was just an Arizona Arnold Palmer half and half and a bag of hot Cheetos, why do I need a receipt that can get me a first down if I lay it flat on the field. Obama won two presidential elections and he is a Hyde Park guy, I’m sure that tradition of victory will continue. Hyde Park 18-6

Clemente vs Schurz
Anyone named baby Gronk has my vote. Schurz has a turf soccer field but no football field. I will take Clemente 24-20

Michelle Clark vs Viators
They speak glowingly of the Percy Beacon. Truly if he is such a pillar of light I can trust him to win. 23-20

Kenwood vs De La Salle
A meteor killed the dinosaurs. Dinosaurs > Horses. Cmon people it’s basic algebra. DLS 34-15

Hubbard vs Orr
Anyone who has ever had the misfortune of rising a greyhound bus will agree with me that Orr will row the way to victory 9-6

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT