ADVERTISEMENT

Consecutive playoff appearances!

Gene K.

Gold Member
Jul 14, 2016
Plainfield, Illinois
Wondering what HS football teams have been in the state playoffs for a consecutive number of years.
Montini is going on its 27th consecutive year in the playoffs. Other noteworthy streaks?

Reactions: Wassup13
Wondering what HS football teams have been in the state playoffs for a consecutive number of years.
Montini is going on its 27th consecutive year in the playoffs. Other noteworthy streaks?
If you go to the IHSA playoff page there is a Team Info tab for each class that gives streaks, trophies, all time playoff records, and season stats for each class.

Reactions: Bowie50
Its actually 18 years. 2001-2002 was the first year of varsity competition. (IHSA had 2017 counted twice in their list).

But its probably easier to say ALL OF THEM!

Gawdy either way. Great staff, great program.

Reactions: Gene K.
Montini got in 5-4 and won the State Championship! You never know with HS football

That Montini team was loaded. We had 3 kids come over from Driscoll including Nick Campanella.

I believe Lewis Borsellino a offensive guru came back to his alma mater to help install the Maine South offense.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gene K.
Its actually 18 years. 2001-2002 was the first year of varsity competition. (IHSA had 2017 counted twice in their list).

But its probably easier to say ALL OF THEM!
Easier and sounds more awesome! Every year of their existence!

Anyone lose any of their 5a to 8a title picks yet?

If not get ready week 2 is a grinder.

Yes,and never won Catholic league coach of the year,but Jordan lynch wins it his FIRST year with frank l. Old team ??? Go figure
Coach Frank won the Lawless Award, which is the Catholic League Coach of the year, 11 times.....you really didn’t think he won that before?

Yes... as I recall a school “closed” and teams combined.

I could be wrong tho if that never occurred.

Let us combine Maine teams like Lincoln Way and see what happens. We continue to be one of the smallest schools in 8A.

28 in a row...... MS4!
They lost kids to LWC and got some from LWN. LWE record before "cpmbining" was 140;37.

Reactions: Iamjaytee
We’re barely over 2k kids.....
it would sure be nice to have that many to choose from is my point.
Makes a Huge difference
Maybe we let the kids decide where they go!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT