ADVERTISEMENT

Conference records after round one

USD24

Gold Member
May 29, 2001
Joliet
After one round, here is how some conferences fared. Feel free to make corrections if i made mistakes.

CCL/ESCC 11-0
Dukane 4-1
Fox Valley 4-2
MSE 2-2
MSW 2-1
SWSB 2-2
SWSR 0-1
Upstate 8 2-3
N.Sub 2-2
S.Sub blue 1-3
S. Sub red 1-3
Southland 2-1
CS8 3-2
Southwestern 1-2
SW Prairie W 3-2
SW Prairie E 0-2
WSG 1-1
WSS 2-2
DVC 2-1

Other than the Catholics going 11-0, nothing really stands out. Based on the conference records, there seems to be quite a bit of parity and no real dominant conference.

Edit-The Dukane going 4-1 is pretty impressive.

Last edited:
Edit-The Dukane going 5-1 is pretty impressive.
And the Dukane came very close to going 6-0 with the close loss of WWS to Rice. Impressive.

Will be interesting to see if the CCL/ESCC can keep it going. Naz plays Marmion in Round 2, so there will be at least one loss.

2/3rd of FVC made the playoffs and going 4=2. Call it what you will, but at least it shows that, despite it being a closed conference, the conference was for real this year, again. And one of the losses, was only by 7 after Hampshire dug themselves too big a hole to dig out of against Moline.

CPS is made up of 8 Illini conferences that are eligible for state. So if you looking to make a point be accurate. Our conference, the Prairie State went 1-3, same as both South Suburban and better than the SW Prairie E
He was accurate the first time. Those are divisions within a conference.

Division champs don’t get an automatic berth in the playoffs but conference champs do, you should contact the IHSA and tell them their website is wrong.
Exactly 💯! See where that conversation gets you. LMAO 🤣 🤣 🤣

Reactions: jha618
After one round, here is how some conferences fared. Feel free to make corrections if i made mistakes.

CCL/ESCC 11-0
Dukane 5-1
Fox Valley 4-2
MSE 2-2
MSW 2-1
SWSB 2-2
SWSR 0-1
Upstate 8 3-2
N.Sub 2-2
S.Sub blue 1-3
S. Sub red 1-3
Southland 1-2
CS8 3-2
Southwestern 1-2
SW Prairie W 3-2
SW Prairie E 0-2
WSG 1-1
WSS 2-2
DVC 2-1

Other than the Catholics going 11-0, nothing really stands out. Based on the conference records, there seems to be quite a bit of parity and no real dominant conference.

Edit-The Dukane going 5-1 is pretty impressive.
Thanks for posting this.

Didn't Kankakee and Crete both win? If so the southland is 2-1

Reactions: USD24

CCL/ESCC 11-0
Dukane 4-1
Fox Valley 4-2
MSE 2-2
MSW 2-1
SWSB 2-2
SWSR 0-1
Upstate 8 3-2
N.Sub 2-2
S.Sub blue 1-3
S. Sub red 1-3
Southland 2-1
CS8 3-2
Southwestern 1-2
SW Prairie W 3-2
SW Prairie E 0-2
WSG 1-1
WSS 2-2
DVC 2-1

The Upstate Eight went 2-3.

2/3rd of FVC made the playoffs and going 4=2. Call it what you will, but at least it shows that, despite it being a closed conference, the conference was for real this year, again. And one of the losses, was only by 7 after Hampshire dug themselves too big a hole to dig out of against Moline.
I’ll guess FVC goes 2-2 this week.

Division champs don’t get an automatic berth in the playoffs but conference champs do, you should contact the IHSA and tell them their website is wrong.
If that applies to the CCL-ESCC, is it possible a Red or Purple Division 1st place team that finishes 4-5 or 5-4 gets left out of playoffs on account of bad crossover blowout losses, blowout losse in the 1 OOC game and single digit score victories. over a R/P team and other its 3 division wins?

Also note that the Fox Valley lost both their weakest (5-4) playoff teams. The remaining 4 teams have challenging, yet favorable matchups.

In 6A: 10-0 CG @ 8-2 Grayslake Central,
7-3 Crystal Lake Central v 9-1 Deerfield,
8-2 PR @ 10-0 Wauconda.

In 7A: 7-3 Jacobs v 10-0 Normal

I would not be a bit surprised to see all 4 teams win. Jacobs and Central are both home. Jacobs is my darkhorse in 7A, they have really improved as the year has gone on.
I think 3 of those games are toss ups. CG only sure thing. Deerfield and Wauconda wont go quiet. I dont know much about normal though.

Do you think this is an indicator of how strong a conference is or is it more of a luck of the draw indicator?

I would think a 5-4 or 6-3 team from a conference that made the playoff in the classification equivalent to a majority of the conference shows the strength of the conference.

Do you think this is an indicator of how strong a conference is or is it more of a luck of the draw indicator?

I would think a 5-4 or 6-3 team from a conference that made the playoff in the classification equivalent to a majority of the conference shows the strength of the conference.
I would say round one is more a luck of the draw. If a conference gets numerous teams into the quarters and beyond, that is the real indication of that conference's strength.

I would say round one is more a luck of the draw. If a conference gets numerous teams into the quarters and beyond, that is the real indication of that conference's strength.
I agree with this

CCL/ESCC 11-0
Dukane 4-1
Fox Valley 4-2
MSE 2-2
MSW 2-1
SWSB 2-2
SWSR 0-1
Upstate 8 2-3
N.Sub 2-2
S.Sub blue 1-3
S. Sub red 1-3
Southland 2-1
CS8 3-2
Southwestern 1-2
SW Prairie W 3-2
SW Prairie E 0-2
WSG 1-1
WSS 2-2
DVC 2-1

Nic 10. 3-2

I think the CCL/ESCC at 11-0 also benefited from the IHSA's application of the multiplier to only 8 schools. Many of these private schools are playing in classes lower than they normally compete.

I think the CCL/ESCC at 11-0 also benefited from the IHSA's application of the multiplier to only 8 schools. Many of these private schools are playing in classes lower than they normally compete.
I understand your point but it’s the success factor that’s taken away. Non-boundary schools are still subject to the multiplier.

Reactions: Gene K.
I understand your point but it’s the success factor that’s taken away. Non-boundary schools are still subject to the multiplier.

Multiplier as well. For football, if a non-boundary team did not make a semi-final appearance in 2019 there would be no multiplier in place. Looks like JCA competitive cheer is the only team with the success factor applied for this cycle if you bring up the winter sports.

Reactions: RockSoup
The problem was that the IHSA counted last year into the playoff win totals, when there were no playoffs held. Therefore, numerous schools who are usually multiplied up were not this year. It's difficult to accumulate playoff wins when there are no playoffs.

CPS is made up of 8 Illini conferences that are eligible for state. So if you looking to make a point be accurate. Our conference, the Prairie State went 1-3, same as both South Suburban and better than the SW Prairie E
The Catholic Schools were lumped together, so there is no reason CPS should not be lumped together.

Reactions: BIGR79
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT