Glenbard North @ WWS
Lake Park @ Geneva
Wheaton North @ St Charles East

Last edited:

Batavia
@ St Charles North
-Will StN be able to make the playoffs?

Glenbard North @ WWS
-Its homecoming for the Tigers, the defense continues to play hot and they have just enough offense.

Lake Park @ Geneva
-LP in a close one

-After a big win there is a big let down and the Falcons steal a win.

BAT - North Stars are struggling and Bulldogs are still pissed from last week.

GBN - looking at conference records and performances against common opponents. Slight edge to Panthers. This is the game of the week in the Dukane. I’m actually hoping I’m wrong on this one as it would help STCE conference championship hopes if Tigers win.

LP - Geneva is lost. They need to spend the off season doing some serious soul searching.

STCE - Saints are rolling and getting better and more confident each week. They can only beat themselves these next two games.

Batavia @ St Charles North-Batavia takes care of business. SCN looking to week 9 to save their season vs. WWS. 35-14
Glenbard North @ WWS -Are the Tigers gelling at the right time? QB Parker Brown seems to be settling in well and gaining confidence every game. GBN’s now balanced attack will be a difficult test for an improving WWS defense led by talented junior Tommy Barnett. Should be close. 24-21.
Lake Park @ Geneva-LP is probably better than their record. Saw them play last week and they have some good defensive players to stifle Geneva’s anemic offense. I think they win handily here. 21-0.
Wheaton North @ St Charles East- SCE now in the groove led by a talented soph QB and a couple OL that will be playing on Saturdays. WN rebuilding for a strong run next year. 28-21

This conference really has taken a fun form in the last few weeks!

Batavia @ St Charles North: SCN went from November threat to staring 4-5 in the face very quickly.

Glenbard North @ WWS: Since week 2, GBN really has played great ball, they will get to 5 wins, but they lose a close one to WWS this week

Lake Park @ Geneva: These are the very dark days for Vikings football

Wheaton North @ St Charles East: WN needs this to have any hope at the playoffs, but SCE really has turned into a force and they can taste a conference title.

Batavia
Glenbard North
Lake Park
SCE

Think the East/North game is a toss up. for the sake of the contest, i should prob pick WN but going with the saints

Going to have to take some risks to, against all odds, keep my crown. With that being said...

Batavia
GBN
LP
Chuck E

Going to have to take some risks to, against all odds, keep my crown. With that being said...

Batavia
GBN
LP
Chuck E

Where's the risk in these picks? Not poking you but seriously curious. Seems like the GBN v WWS and WN v STCE are the games where the picks vary the most. I get the first one and agree it can go either way. Not sure why there is as much concern about STCE beating WN at home. Based on current records and performance against common opponents, I'd have to say the visiting Falcons are a clear underdog. Of course...the "any given Friday" rule applies and WN isn't just going to roll over and hand the Saints a W either.

Batavia - closer than expected
GBN - also close
LP - Geneva is struggling
SCE - WN will put up a fight, but the Saints win decisively

Batavia @ St Charles North
Glenbard North @ WWS
Lake Park @ Geneva

Where's the risk in these picks? Not poking you but seriously curious. Seems like the GBN v WWS and WN v STCE are the games where the picks vary the most. I get the first one and agree it can go either way. Not sure why there is as much concern about STCE beating WN at home. Based on current records and performance against common opponents, I'd have to say the visiting Falcons are a clear underdog. Of course...the "any given Friday" rule applies and WN isn't just going to roll over and hand the Saints a W either.
There's not, that's why I said "with that being said"

I would agree, Saints are the favorite tomorrow.
Last year they were the favorites also, then laid a giant egg on the road. WN will pull out all stops tomorrow. They have a young QB also, so it'll be a good matchup between the 2 sophs.

Fresh out of my mud hut..

Batavia - I'd be surprised if there is a younger team starter wise than Batavia in the DuKane.. Last week was a bummer but this game is a toss up to me..

Glenbard North - should be an easy win for GBN the way they are playing, not sure why everyone is high on WWS, what I saw soph and varsity wise wasn't that impressive..

Geneva - trying to pick up a game here..

St Charles East - been battling against the Konn boys for years, good boys, good athletes, East should win this game, I see no let down from the Saints..

Fresh out of my mud hut..

Batavia - I'd be surprised if there is a younger team starter wise than Batavia in the DuKane.. Last week was a bummer but this game is a toss up to me..

Glenbard North - should be an easy win for GBN the way they are playing, not sure why everyone is high on WWS, what I saw soph and varsity wise wasn't that impressive..

Geneva - trying to pick up a game here..

St Charles East - been battling against the Konn boys for years, good boys, good athletes, East should win this game, I see no let down from the Saints..

WWS is starting 15 or 16 Juniors and Sophmores so probably them.

If I was a betting man I would’ve lost hugely.
Would’ve taken both StCs straight up and WWS to have covered the spread.

This is really muddied. Wish SCN could've pulled it off to really muddy the waters. But this is going to be really interesting next week.

Glenbard North, 0-9 last season could..and should win the DKC outright assuming they beat Geneva..which I'm sure we all agree they will..

I think that happens only if Batavia loses to WN next week.

I think injuries played a role in many games in the DuKane conference this week. Sounds like SCN had 2 key players out, Batavia with missing pieces also. WN will make you play the 3rd phase, and they can flip field position through special teams play. Where they lack experience and some questionable decision making, they are a very motivated group who is playing inspired football. They unveiled some new looks in the 4th Q, which hadn't been used earlier in the game. Batavia was in attendance last night scouting for next week, that will be a good game with lots of implications. That could be next weeks upset of the week.

MM, this had all the makings of a trap game. Your thoughts were right on, but they were knocked down a few rungs last night. Sr. Night is great, recognizing all those players, band and great parents for supporting their kids and the school. If I were a coach it would drive me nuts, because it throws pregame off. Like most others, SCE has some injuries too. I think SCE will retreat in rankings, back into the high 20s and that's a fair spot. Last time they lost, they ripped off a nice little streak. Time to get back on a streak and catch fire at the right time of year.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT