ADVERTISEMENT

Clown Cup Season 2 ( Dukane Week 6)

ClownBaby

Gold Member
Oct 26, 2006
Big week for movement in the standings, if your not in the first three groups at the this point you should consider drinking a bleach cocktail because its all over.

MS4EVER 24-4
Panters1211 24-4

FalconPadre 23-5
Googertys Dog 23-5

FalconDad_WN22-6
flyerforlife 22-6
Falcon86 22-6
dapiech 22-6
Au6890 22-6
King MJ 22-6
pjjp 22-6
BataviaDogs1 22-6
Asterix_88 22-6
CrossBones 22-6

ekarb 21-7
PowerI66 21-7
Kitty_bintingot 21-7

ClownBaby 20-8
Amishhunter 20-8
Grayhaze 20-8

Grepos 19-9
NapervilleBuck 18-10
DigitalCy 17-7
Mark Macaluso 16-4
Bhawks 12-4
William Foster 14-6

This weeks schedule:

Batavia @ Geneva

Lake Park @ Glenbard North

St Charles East @ St Charles North

Wheaton North @ WWS

Batavia @ Geneva

Lake Park @ Glenbard North

St Charles East @ St Charles North

Wheaton North @ WWS

Gotta start taking some chances to move to the top.

Batavia
GBN
SCN
WN

I plan on running the table and being the Clown of the Year!

(winners in bold)

Batavia @
Geneva: A great rivalry currently dormant. Batavia running clock

Lake Park @ Glenbard North: Panthers really have been playing solid ball since week 3 and it continues this week to keep playoff hopes and dreams alive.

St Charles East @ St Charles North: Huge game to at least give the winner a shot at a Conference Co-Title. I think SCN and their depth help win this crosstown matchup

Wheaton North @ WWS: Talk about a crucial game for both teams. Both on losing streaks and both don't have the easiest schedules down the stretch. MY WN picks have burned me bad so I'm going with WWS.

if your not in the first three groups at the this point you should consider drinking a bleach cocktail because its all over.
I feel personally attacked.

Batavia
GBN
SCN
WWS - I really, REALLY want to pick north here since south has been so bad. However, I still believe south isn't as bad as they've shown the past two weeks.

Batavia
GBN
SCN
WWS - I really hope I'm wrong on this one, and North shows some life tomorrow night.

Batavia - it's not even fun anymore, the rivalry that is..

Glenbard North - Scrappy team, especially D line and Lake Park is bad.

St Charles North - conservative pick here(don't tell MC63) but East can win this game..

WWS - is WN that bad? WWS looked bad last week, thought their Sophs looked bigger than the Varsity..

Last edited:
Reactions: markmacaluso
Batavia - This game is over in the 1st quarter.
GBN - These guys are probably the best 2 - 3 team out there. Playoff bound?
STCE - Come on Saints! This is huge. North has owned them the last 2 years.
WWS - Bounce back time for Tigers against over-matched crosstown rival.

Big week for movement in the standings, if your not in the first three groups at the this point you should consider drinking a bleach cocktail because its all over.

Those of us who fell asleep for making Week 1 picks are at a distinct disadvantage as we missed a chance to pick 8 possible winners.

Are we going most total W's or winning percentage with a minnimum # of games picked?

I can't stand being represented below @NapervilleBuck any longer!

Those of us who fell asleep for making Week 1 picks are at a distinct disadvantage as we missed a chance to pick 8 possible winners.

Are we going most total W's or winning percentage with a minnimum # of games picked?

I can't stand being represented below @NapervilleBuck any longer!
oh come on. really! you picked the fighting saints over the north stars
who would have thought it :) for sure I thought you would have gone the way

oh come on. really! you picked the fighting saints over the north stars
who would have thought it :) for sure I thought you would have gone the way

Yeah I know it's a homer pick. Should be a good game though (at least I hope it is).

Here are my picks. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Batavia over Geneva-B giving 41 points in this one. Is there such thing as the mercy rule in high school football? Score-55-0....
GBN over Lake Park-GBN on the rise, LP...Not so much. Score-35-14
SCE over SCN-SCE has some talent, an athletic QB and a really good line. Gonna be a close one. Score-28-21
WWS over WN-WWS will rebound at home. They started clicking at the end of the Batavia game with their #1 defense still in and I see that continuing. Score-31-21

Batavia
GBN
St E- tough game to pick I’ll go with the underdog.

WWS- Tigers have 6 turnovers and various other self inflicted wounds the last two weeks, they have talent but will never win playing like that. They cut out the mistakes and feast on the whole hog graciously donated to the winner by Steamboat BBQ, if your in the area stop in for some delicious BBQ..... 20-14 final

Here are my picks. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Batavia over Geneva-B giving 41 points in this one. Is there such thing as the mercy rule in high school football? Score-55-0....
GBN over Lake Park-GBN on the rise, LP...Not so much. Score-35-14
SCE over SCN-SCE has some talent, an athletic QB and a really good line. Gonna be a close one. Score-28-21
WWS over WN-WWS will rebound at home. They started clicking at the end of the Batavia game with their #1 defense still in and I see that continuing. Score-31-21
With all do respect for WWS, there first string offense clicked against Batavia's 3rd and 4th string players. I was surprised that they kept them in once the game was out of hand..

Reactions: BataviaDogs1
Batavia
GBN
St E- tough game to pick I’ll go with the underdog.

WWS- Tigers have 6 turnovers and various other self inflicted wounds the last two weeks, they have talent but will never win playing like that. They cut out the mistakes and feast on the whole hog graciously donated to the winner by Steamboat BBQ, if your in the area stop in for some delicious BBQ..... 20-14 final

I didn't know about this. What a great idea.
The Herald said WN has 2 O Lineman out for this game. I'm anxious to see the soph Forcucci play. Some good football bloodlines in that family.

With all do respect for WWS, there first string offense clicked against Batavia's 3rd and 4th string players. I was surprised that they kept them in once the game was out of hand..

I'd like a confirmation on that. It looked like T. Urweiler was still in there at the end, but I could be mistaken.

Bat- 49-0
GBN- 28-14
SCN- 35-34 Might check this game out tonight. Anybody else going?
WWS- 24-14

Batavia - Thought they might be returning to the pack a bit this year but then again the toughest part of their schedule (outside of ESL) might start next week.
Glenbard North - Nice turnaround year for the Panthers. Should make a return to the playoffs.
St. Charles North - This will be a close one. Not sure I am making the right pick. Turnovers will be the key.
WWS gets the BBQ - The Falcons are young and banged up but have a bright future. Will be very close and will probably come down to a 53 yard field goal from the best kicker in the state.

Batavia - Thought they might be returning to the pack a bit this year but then again the toughest part of their schedule (outside of ESL) might start next week.
Glenbard North - Nice turnaround year for the Panthers. Should make a return to the playoffs.
St. Charles North - This will be a close one. Not sure I am making the right pick. Turnovers will be the key.
WWS gets the BBQ - The Falcons are young and banged up but have a bright future. Will be very close and will probably come down to a 53 yard field goal from the best kicker in the state.

Good assessment. WN freshman are 6-0 right now and there are a handful of sophs on Varsity as we know. I don't know the soph record but the Future is clearly bright.

Reactions: FalconPadre
Good assessment. WN freshman are 6-0 right now and there are a handful of sophs on Varsity as we know. I don't know the soph record but the Future is clearly bright.
Their now sophs were HUGE as freshmen

You are rewarded if you took SCE. Falcon Padre, you are correct, turnovers were key in first half. I think Saints were up 17-0 without any punts occurring. Saints D came primed to play. Shame on SCN for taunting after your first score, never turn and waive on your way in to score, you only fueled the Saints D. Karma......comes back to haunt. SCN #8 Furtney, very impressive all night on O and D. Great hands catching and pad level running the ball. He'll be fun to follow in college. SCE did a nice job keeping the ball out of #21 Nubins hands for the most part. That kid is special too, you can see it. Unsung SCE hero, kicker-not allowing KORs. Continue to be impressed with SCE soph QB, Hayes. Played with poise tonight. Made some tough throws. Nice to see the return of a Fullback tonight too. #54 made some bigtime blocks paving the way into the EZ.

WN Sophs suffer 1st loss of the season to WWS. First loss for that group in high school. Credit WWS, good team.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT