ADVERTISEMENT

Class of 2024: 10 Undervalued Names to Watch Offense

EdgyTim

Staff
May 29, 2001
Channahon Illinois
So just wanted to break down some kids who might not have a ton of early offers so far but who could wind up being a nice addition to programs. I can see several of these names being able to draw early offers sooner rather than later......have a few of your own? BY al means let me know who they are.

Class of 2024 10 Undervalued Names to Watch Offense: (in no particular order):

Wide Receivers

Kaneland 2024 WR Aric Johnson
- Johnson, who is already ranked as a three star receiver by Rivals is a big and physical player who just looks the part and who's game has continued to develop. Johnson has yet to draw any scholarship offers for now....but once schools get a chance to see Johnson this in person this spring I would not be stunned to see his recruiting stock rise.

Mount Carmel 2024 Darion Gilliam 6-foot-5, 190 pounds)- Gilliam, who just added his his first offer on Tuesday from Kent State is a tall, long and athletic big man who I have felt for over a year has the frame/size and length to develop into a higher level TE type at the college level. Gilliam has impressive hands and ball skills and I'm still pretty surprised that he's still just holding one offer so far this early spring.

Running Back

St Rita RB DJ Stewart
- DJ had a very good second half of the 2022 season for the Mustangs as a truly a big back who has better than you think speed who also runs with a tremendous power and strength. Once Stewart gets going he's a load and a half to stop and I feel he could be a fit in the right offense at the college level. Stewart at 6-foot-0, 230 plus pounds I'm sure is a name that colleges want to see run in person this spring...but his game is legit and hopefully he can find a good fit and the right system/school this spring and summer.

Chicago Kenwood RB Ethan Middleton-Middleton has gone from St Rita to Morgan Park briefly then to Kenwood in less than a semester. Middleton, who is claiming an early offer from Penn State hasn't added any other offers yet. Look for more schools to look harder at him this summer and fall. Middleton has high level athletic tools and big time ability, but also has work to do in the class room before really seeing his recruiting stock take off. If he can get things in order he has Power 5 ability and potential.

Quarterback

Lincoln Way West QB Cole Crafton-
Crafton might be one of the top overall athletes in the State of Illinois. Crafton, who is also a high level baseball prospect who is already verbally committed to Louisville for baseball has yet to add an offer for football....however multiple Power 5 and Group of 5 schools continue to monitor Crafton closely and expect a large crowd of college football coaches to watch him throw this spring. If Crafton decides it's football for him I can see several schools become immediately more interested in him.

QB AJ Palicki Willowbrook- The Class of 2024 in Illinois has several quality quarterback who cone in all shapes and sizes...yet you'll be hard pressed to find a kid with better size, strength and physical makeup than Arthur John Palicki. Palicki (6-foot-4, 210 pounds) who has an early offer from Northern Iowa still has work to do including getting a bit more mobile along with improving his overall accuracy and throwing the football better on the move and outside of the pocket. However....Palicki has a ton of upside for the next level and his game keeps getting better each time I see him live.

Offensive Linemen

The Class of 2024 in Illinois is no question OG/OC heavy and has a ton of very good interior linemen to watch over the next several months. So in many ways the offensive tackles types will get a much longer look from multiple college coaches this spring and summer.

Yorkville OG Logan Brasfield- Brasfield has very good junior season tape and physically plays hard at all times. Brasfield moves well, is a fluid athlete who has very good first few steps, bend and leverage and pulls as well as anyone in this class. Brasfield has very good strength and punch and is always downfield making second and third tier level blocks as well. I'm sure multiple FBS/FCS schools will want to see Brasfield at minimum in person this spring and definitely in camps in pads this summer....and I'm betting Brasfield will come out of the padded camp season with multiple offers and college options.

Brother Rice OL Conor Kenzinger (6-foot-7, 285 pounds) Kenzinger has all the physical tools to develop into a high level D1 offensive tackle including impressive length, overall size and a frame that will continue to add good weight and strength. Kenzinger also moves really well for his size and was easily one of the top new faces I saw this winter in person at my Underclassmen showcase. So what's missing? Kenzinger no question is still a bit green at the offensive tackle position and last season was his first at the position. Kenzinger has had an entire off season to work on his overall pass pro fundamentals and technique and will have plenty of chances to show his development and improvement this spring and summer. I would not be stunned to see Kenzinger wind up at the Power 5 level...yet under the current recruiting climate (hello transfer portal) schools at the Power 5 level seem less inclined to offer a kid who would be considered more of a project for those coaches.. If this is the case...Kenzinger would not fall past the FCS in my opinion whatsoever.

Minooka OT Brady Barrowman 6-foot-6, 275 pounds- Barrowman has gotten a ton of off season smoke and rightfully so....Barrowman has impressive length, reach and a frame that will allow him to become a 300 pound player at the high college level and a frame that will carry that weight pretty easily. Barrowman, who is also a lacrosse player runs well...is a very fluid athlete who's work ethic is also a big strength. So what gives and where are the offers? Barrowman I felt had good junior season video...but also showed that he still has work to do including improving his overall run blocking, staying on his feet more consistently and just playing more dominant at the point of attack. I can see Barrowman adding offer sooner rather than later in particular and his winter showcase performance along have shown he's getting better and better. Once the college coaches get to see his improvements this off-season offers should flow.

Tight End

St. Charles North TE Jake Furtney-
Been a fan of Jake Furtney for the last few seasons now. Furtney is an impressive multi sport athlete who just does a lot of things well. The tight end position isn't really deep with overall numbers but the overall amount of high level Power 5 committed tight ends here is impressive in 2024. Furtney I feel is more of a traditional in line tight end who will end up being a really good fit at the FBS/FCS level. This spring and summer will be huge for Jake Furtney in my opinion.

Next: 10 Undervalued Class of 2024 Names on Defense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News