ADVERTISEMENT

Class 5A State Title GameDay Thread

And Fenwick gets a Danny Kemp 1 yard TD run now leading Kankakee 28-0 536 2q

FYI Kankakee has yet to gain a first down in this game…..

Well... this is shocking. Not necessarily that Fenwick would win, but a second quarter knockout?

How do you miss the guy stepping out of bounds twice?
Byron receiver caught a ball last night out of bounds. Not even close. Heck the receiver tried to give the ball and go back to the original line of scrimmage. Finally figured out that the ref called it a catch.

Reactions: Wolffan64
QB for Kankakee should be taking off more. There I'd yardage to take and he keeps wanting to throw.

Reactions: Wolffan64
How did this team lose to Providence?
I don’t want to take anything away from Providence but if I remember correctly Cobb missed a significant portion of that game due to an on field injury. Cobb has quietly had an amazing season.

What is it about him that makes you feel that way?
I would have to point out specific examples. I typed this one after the pass from the Fenwick QB to the RB when they were in the redzone was dropped and McI said there was something with the mechanics of the pass that caused the drop. The pass was perfect, the RB just dropped it. Not sure why he chose that reason for the drop.

One that stood out to me when he did the Brook/LA championship was "Loyola is going to have a harder time to drive the field because Bolingbrook has more big play capability" (paraphrased). It just didnt make any sense and he has a bunch of em like that. Lot of non-sequiturs and red herrings when he's on the mic.

Kankakee QB Tomele Staples to Karson King for the 11 yard TD trailing Fenwick 28-7 20 seconds till half…..Kays get a much needed series and score to end the half…..if they can get a few big plays on track this still have a chance here….but they also need to start slowing down the Fenwick run game as well..

Half stats

Fenwick

RB Danny Kent 18 carries 135 yards 1 TD
QB Kaden Cobb 7 of 11 for 127 yards 3 TDS

Kankakee

QB Tomele Staples 7 of 17 for 72 yards 1 TD
Kankakee with 1 yard net rushing

The Kay’s get into the end zone as RB Nate Hill scores on a 1 yard TD and a 2 point PAT still trailing Fenwick 28-15 745 3 q talk about a needed score there for the Kays….

Reactions: rocketnation
And Fenwick answers with a Kaden Cobb 1 yard touchdown run failed 2 point PAT leading Kankakee 34-15 422 3q…and the Kays defense just can’t seem to get a handle on the Fenwick running game

Why did the officials call a late hit out of bounds on Kankakee when they didn’t call a similar late hit out of bounds on Fenwick four plays earlier?
I thought the same. Especially when it was pretty obvious to me that Fenwick started the interaction by talking and was falling over before he was pushed

I noticed earlier Kankakee defenders were helping up Fenwick players. Getting a little chippy now.

From what I could tell. One player from K3 called for a fair catch, while another one caught it. Good call
If that’s a fair catch then shouldn’t it be a penalty on Fenwick for hitting the receiver?

If that’s a fair catch then shouldn’t it be a penalty on Fenwick for hitting the receiver?
I think everyone was confused since the player who called for the fair catch wasn’t actually near the play. I think the player was trying to fake out the Fenwick D by drawing them over to him but didn’t realize he killed the play with the fair catch call.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT