ADVERTISEMENT

CG 34 Phillips 24 FINAL!

There was a penalty that set up the need for that fake punt.
I was at the game too. Two different types of teams. Two different ways of controlling the line of scrimmage. Phillips first turnover was really the key to the game in my opinion! If CG plays mistake free football from here on out they should win state!

I was at the game too. Two different types of teams. Two different ways of controlling the line of scrimmage. Phillips first turnover was really the key to the game in my opinion! If CG plays mistake free football from here on out they should win state!
I wasn’t at the game but I’m hearing the CG QB chasing down Phillips DB McCray on a picked up fumble was huge in saving that win.

Reactions: atrain97
I wasn’t at the game but I’m hearing the CG QB chasing down Phillips DB McCray on a picked up fumble was huge in saving that win.

It was indeed. Would have changed the momentum going into the half giving up the lead and really, what could have been a 15 pt differential from CG on the verge of scoring to Phillips scoring.

Will need to see the stats as CG rolled up some yards on the run. They didn’t break as many long runs as normal but Daigle and Skol both had over 100 yards and QB McDonald had 75 yards on the ground. #70 West pancaked a bunch of guys including Billingsley on one play. Billingsley had 14 yards on 8 carries. I would say CG controlled the line of scrimmage.
If you cannot stop the FB up the middle/off tackle, you cannot beat CG, period.

Will need to see the stats as CG rolled up some yards on the run. They didn’t break as many long runs as normal but Daigle and Skol both had over 100 yards and QB McDonald had 75 yards on the ground. #70 West pancaked a bunch of guys including Billingsley on one play. Billingsley had 14 yards on 8 carries. I would say CG controlled the line of scrimmage.
Did C-G know about his offer sheet and that he's going to Bama?

I can count the number of D1 prospects CG has had in 15 years on one hand.
I know. We came up there in '97 with a couple major offer sheets on our roster (and a bunch of others who played for mid and turned in the equipment that evening.

As for Billingsley, one thing I noticed early in the season was that Phillips would go to him early, but not so much late in games. I wonder if it was just an oversight or was going both ways physically draining or whatever. Loyola did that with Little Gronk a couple years ago in the championship game.

He is projected as as a tight end. Talked to his uncle at the game. They plan on putting 20 more pounds on top of the 246 that he’s at now! He should make a good tight end!

I don’t think he is at 250 today, but, yes, he will be a name we follow at Alabama and potentially on Sundays.

He did not look great on defense. Could not contain pitch man.

He did not look very good on offense either. Outside of the first catch aided by sloppy tackling he was a non-factor and was literally absent for most of the final drive. Congratulations to Alabama on getting such a winner.

He did not look very good on offense either. Outside of the first catch aided by sloppy tackling he was a non-factor and was literally absent for most of the final drive. Congratulations to Alabama on getting such a winner.
I don't know if that's fair. He played wildcat QB in the last few weeks out of necessity and he's a tight end. They could have schemed a little better to use his talents against CG.

Reactions: CGsupporter
Do you think that Alabama is recruiting him for his current production? Or is potential and athletic ability? I agree, he was not a dominate player on the field Saturday, I would say that they were at least 3-4 players on Phillips that I would pick before him, but I don't know if any of them have his potential. Great HS players don't always translate to great college players, but you also don't necessarily have to have been a great HS player to be a stud in college. Sabin will either make him a player or he will transfer shortly.

Do you think that Alabama is recruiting him for his current production? Or is potential and athletic ability? I agree, he was not a dominate player on the field Saturday, I would say that they were at least 3-4 players on Phillips that I would pick before him, but I don't know if any of them have his potential. Great HS players don't always translate to great college players, but you also don't necessarily have to have been a great HS player to be a stud in college. Sabin will either make him a player or he will transfer shortly.
If I had to bet I would say he will not be out there with the first team at Alabama.

You said "Congratulations to Alabama on getting such a winner." I thought the bashing of kids weren't allowed on this site!

Reactions: lkhammer57
Phillips Enrollment is what it is ... 600 something. He says he's not making excuses but, he is by his statement alone. Phillips success draws some of Chicago's best of the best athletes because of their program . Kids that have the measurable's to go on collegiality. Good they should, for some this is there best way to a college education! It was a pleasure having them and I thank those who came. Now on to this week. CG will be away in foreign land battling yet another loaded team that has battled some of the best Chicago has to offer. We BE CG!

Phillips Enrollment is what it is ... 600 something. He says he's not making excuses but, he is by his statement alone. Phillips success draws some of Chicago's best of the best athletes because of their program . Kids that have the measurable's to go on collegiality. Good they should, for some this is there best way to a college education! It was a pleasure having them and I thank those who came. Now on to this week. CG will be away in foreign land battling yet another loaded team that has battled some of the best Chicago has to offer. We BE CG!
They are a good team but I wouldn't say they are loaded!

Reactions: CG Fan
Possible production.

Great example. Base brat to a big shot, band geek but gigantic. Talked into playing football at Althoff sophomore year. Was the whipping boy - guys went after him. Tore him up!!!

But he kept growing. Still sucked at football - dominated his line opponent, forgot about the back with the ball. Stood up a lot - driven back of skates, that kind of stuff.

Yet, when the scouts came through to see the “names” in 1988, they saw the body of Frank Boudreaux. 6/5 250 and running the low and high hurdles. Northwestern takes him .. then a short stint with the Rams.

Now he’s US Secret Service - body man for GWB and known as Peleton One, as he was the President’s bike riding companion.

Reactions: Bowie50 and Gene K.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT