ADVERTISEMENT

CG 34 Phillips 24 FINAL!

Cary grove stopped on 4th down just inches short, but CG defense responds quickly with an interception

Half CG up 20-16
Cary fumbled near the goal line with 25 sec left

Ball was stripped and bounced right into Phillips’ player’s arms. Ran it back to CG 29 and then Billingsley threw a pick with 5 sec to go.

CG having success running outside yet keeps running up middle with less success. Only a handful of passes by CG this far.

CG gets ball in second half.

Ball was stripped and bounced right into Phillips’ player’s arms. Ran it back to CG 29 and then Billingsley threw a pick with 5 sec to go.

CG having success running outside yet keeps running up middle with less success. Only a handful of passes by CG this far.

CG gets ball in second half.
Sounds like CG is trying to control the tempo and keep Phillips’s offense off the field. Do they open it up and go for it in the 2nd half?

34 24 cg. Late 4th. Gutsy calls by cg coach. Playing exactly how they have to play to win this. Pretty much how I felt it would go.

Good game, hats off to Phillips for making it tough for CG. CG seems like they’re a bit too much on offense. Keeps teams on their heels with that passing attack they have.

I would have been mad too if I had to watch number 7 and number 23 laying on their backs the entire game. They got a good whipping.

Even though Phillips got rolled on ESPN, I still thought they were the team to beat. I thought CG would have good conference season but did not see this coming in preseason. Hats off to CG and hope it continues.

Reactions: sivada2001
I was at the game. CG was completely in control of that game, especially at the line of scrimmage.
I would have to disagree! If they were in complete control of the line of scrimmage they wouldn’t have had to go for it with a fake punt! I love the gutsy call though!

Aside from this game, 6A doesn't seem to be getting a lot of love. Nobody is talking about Crete taking down undefeated Washington. NND takes out undefeated Antioch. And Richards could be another step closer to getting their team of choice, according to an assistant coach.

CG will have their hands full next week. ND is flying under the radar and would have been tough in 8A, where they normally are.

Quote from Phillips coach after the game. “It’s exactly what we asked for,” Phillips coach Troy McAllister said. “This is what you want. You want your young men to compete at the highest level. We have 623 kids and they have 1,700. Our kids fought and we were there, No. 1 seed and we were right there with them.” Yeah, OK. Cary doesn't have 3 million residents and open borders for enrollment. I know he's not making excuses but it ain't apples to apples.

Quote from Phillips coach after the game. “It’s exactly what we asked for,” Phillips coach Troy McAllister said. “This is what you want. You want your young men to compete at the highest level. We have 623 kids and they have 1,700. Our kids fought and we were there, No. 1 seed and we were right there with them.” Yeah, OK. Cary doesn't have 3 million residents and open borders for enrollment. I know he's not making excuses but it ain't apples to apples.
So many problems with every sentence except for the last in that quote.

Reactions: UniversalAdvice
I would have to disagree! If they were in complete control of the line of scrimmage they wouldn’t have had to go for it with a fake punt! I love the gutsy call though!

Will need to see the stats as CG rolled up some yards on the run. They didn’t break as many long runs as normal but Daigle and Skol both had over 100 yards and QB McDonald had 75 yards on the ground. #70 West pancaked a bunch of guys including Billingsley on one play. Billingsley had 14 yards on 8 carries. I would say CG controlled the line of scrimmage.

Last edited:

There was a penalty that set up the need for that fake punt.

Reactions: CGsupporter
A very deceiving enrollment analyst, out of the 1700 students ,how many go out for football ? It's a little different when you look at the 623 students,lots of that group go there to GO out for footbal , Just my opinion,

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT