ADVERTISEMENT

Celtic vs Bronco

My post was not directed at anyone in particular. I did not comment on this debate that’s going on. My comment was to people given their opinion on individual teams. Like pcdad probably goes to all providence games. He gives his opinion about coaching. I tend to believe him because he goes to every game. Some posters will go to their witts end to tell him he’s wrong even though they only seen one game. This is not a proven example, mind you. I have never offered an opinion on here about anything unless I know my opinion is backed up by facts 99% of the time. If I can’t back it up, I always say IMO. So I hope that clarifies things.

Love the passion from everyone...I can’t wait to see how all the CCL teams fare in the playoffs. Regardless of what time of year it’s been for the Blue...all should win several games come playoff time!

Go Broncos!

One last point, and I have no clue why I’m even wasting my time saying this but, Montini is not 8-0 and not 3-0 in Blue against last years SR, LA and PC. Montini is good for the love of God and I’ve said that like 5 times now.
Yeah Montini is good now that they trounced PC? OMG you're hilarious. Now you have to use a time machine to wonder "why the Montini love"? Provi fans in general see the world through emerald-colored glasses. But you may be the worst of the lot.

I will be rooting for all the Blue teams in the playoffs and also Naz and Mt Carmel.

Reactions: Gene K.
Yeah Montini is good now that they trounced PC? OMG you're hilarious. Now you have to use a time machine to wonder "why the Montini love"? Provi fans in general see the world through emerald-colored glasses. But you may be the worst of the lot.
Trying to goat me again brother! Lol

Not really football related as much as it brought me back down memory lane.

"Thoughts on this game and other points: Loved the Celtic bag pipers who entered the field before the game. Great tradition on that call"

This makes me laugh... no disrespect but during the glory days traditionally Providence always performed better when the Student ROCK BAND b(and thats what it was 5 kids JAMMING) used to play ACDC or SMOKE ON THE WATER when team would come on the field, TO's, between quarters, half time. Those teams dominated without being lead out by Bagpipes. Must be something "new" their doing in the last 10 years. Not sure that qualifies as a tradition.

Thanks for taking me down memory lane!! Those were good times back then

Bagpipes started 3 seasons ago. Several reasons, a) tribute to football player (#63) who passed away as a sophomore, b) school has several students who are bagpipers as part of Band Club, c) it is a cool way to bring team into field and d) just another thing for Provi haters to complain about. LOL

Bagpipes started 3 seasons ago. Several reasons, a) tribute to football player (#63) who passed away as a sophomore, b) school has several students who are bagpipers as part of Band Club, c) it is a cool way to bring team into field and d) just another thing for Provi haters to complain about. LOL

PC dad- good attempt at the explanation.

A. didnt know the bag pipes had anything to do with the player who passed. Something never heard before. Not that an explanation to anyone needs be had
B. Will be tough for them to continue once the bagpipe players graduate.
C. Cool? Entirely subjective I prefer the Rock Band tradition. Esp when it was accompanied by 50 consecutive wins and 4 Titles and a runner up appearance.
D. Doesnt make me a PC hater.

I have heard the frosh record (2-5) and soph record (2-6) isnt shining brightly for the future of the program. The entire experiment of those two levels practicing together has blown up in theory.

PC dad- good attempt at the explanation.

A. didnt know the bag pipes had anything to do with the player who passed. Something never heard before. Not that an explanation to anyone needs be had
B. Will be tough for them to continue once the bagpipe players graduate.
C. Cool? Entirely subjective I prefer the Rock Band tradition. Esp when it was accompanied by 50 consecutive wins and 4 Titles and a runner up appearance.
D. Doesnt make me a PC hater.

I have heard the frosh record (2-5) and soph record (2-6) isnt shining brightly for the future of the program. The entire experiment of those two levels practicing together has blown up in theory.
PC struggling at lower levels. Concerning to many. Not sure what this will translate to over the next 2 years. Next year will be a solid year with lots of returning Sophs and Jrs. After that I have no idea what to expect. I hope it is a short term hiccup but increasing tuition costs coupled with strong public schools in area plus resurgence of JCA program will be tough for PC to overcome. JCA, SR and StL found ways to rejuvenate their programs. Can Provi do the same? It is the white elephant in the room syndrome.

PC struggling at lower levels. Concerning to many. Not sure what this will translate to over the next 2 years. Next year will be a solid year with lots of returning Sophs and Jrs. After that I have no idea what to expect. I hope it is a short term hiccup but increasing tuition costs coupled with strong public schools in area plus resurgence of JCA program will be tough for PC to overcome. JCA, SR and StL found ways to rejuvenate their programs. Can Provi do the same? It is the white elephant in the room syndrome.
Not the only team with those concerns. I went to watch Montini Freshman play Fenwick and they had no more than 18 kids dressed against Fenwick, who looked to have 50 plus on sidelines

I wouldn’t say jca has an insurgence just yet. Two good recruiting classes in 5 years doesn’t mean squat. Right now the senior class and freshmen class is all they have at the moment. They will need one more recruiting class to say their somewhat back. Getting a good class then two bad classes after, means nothing. Until then......

I wouldn’t say jca has an insurgence just yet. Two good recruiting classes in 5 years doesn’t mean squat. Right now the senior class and freshmen class is all they have at the moment. They will need one more recruiting class to say their somewhat back. Getting a good class then two bad classes after, means nothing. Until then......
Agreed. However, if we could quell a certain insurgent fan, maybe the resurgence would have a better chance of being more than than a one-year phenomenon.

Reactions: penlight
I will be rooting for all the Blue teams in the playoffs and also Naz and Mt Carmel.

Not really football related as much as it brought me back down memory lane.

"Thoughts on this game and other points: Loved the Celtic bag pipers who entered the field before the game. Great tradition on that call"

This makes me laugh... no disrespect but during the glory days traditionally Providence always performed better when the Student ROCK BAND b(and thats what it was 5 kids JAMMING) used to play ACDC or SMOKE ON THE WATER when team would come on the field, TO's, between quarters, half time. Those teams dominated without being lead out by Bagpipes. Must be something "new" their doing in the last 10 years. Not sure that qualifies as a tradition.

Thanks for taking me down memory lane!! Those were good times back then
I love the playing of the bag pipers. Coming from a police background and hearing them play at parades, police funerals, memorial ceremonies is something I would call tradition for me and my police colleagues. The tradition I was also talking about is the Irish tradition of bag pipers. I always thought that "celtics" was a term for the Irish. Correct me if I am wrong.

Agreed. However, if we could quell a certain insurgent fan, maybe the resurgence would have a better chance of being more than than a one-year phenomenon.
Boy, if one fan can affect a recruiting class, I like to meet him. Lol

Boy, if one fan can affect a recruiting class, I like to meet him. Lol
Don't sell the insurgent fan in question short. He is gaining a fair amount of notoriety in the JCA groups I encounter. :cool:

Don't sell the insurgent fan in question short. He is gaining a fair amount of notoriety in the JCA groups I encounter. :cool:

Similar story being heard in the circles in which I travel.
Infamous notoriety I might add.

Exactly, the always seem to meet their match somewhere along their path. This year could be the same.

I will say it now. If Rice plays East they are done. I like Rice but they are not going to beat East. No way. Their offense isn’t good enough and their defense is good but East will score and I think Rice will have a tough time with East defense. Just keeping it real guys.
That said if East stumbles somehow I will be rooting for BR.
Go East!

Exactly, the always seem to meet their match somewhere along their path. This year could be the same.
I don't know if Rice is the Class of 8a and I don't know if the Beast is the class of 8A, but suspect they are. Think there is a strong likelihood that they will meet in the playoffs and afterwards the crowing can start. After seeing them demolish both Loyola and Montini I would definitely not sell BR short.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT