ADVERTISEMENT

Celtic vs Bronco

PC Dad_MC Grad

Aug 22, 2018
Montini contingent et al, what you thinking? Take nothing away from Montini this year because 7-0 is no easy feat. I know I’ve been challenging of the the Broncos because of early, let’s just say softer schedule, but regardless of SR and LA having “off” years MCHS still beat them both. Believe it or not even after 7 weeks (6 played games unfortunately) I still have questions on PC. Provi D still strong but has shown signs of vulnerability in the DB area. PC running game is solid, the 2 teams that slowed them up or just plain out shut down stacked the box forcing our QB2 into throwing which hasn’t exactly been his strong point this year. PC has completely under-utilized a group of potentially talented receivers up to this point.

Intangibles in the game - if Montini can run the ball successfully which won’t be easy and it allows them to open up the field to throw them it could be a long night for the Celtics. Basically if Montini can control line of scrimmage they will be able to do anything they want on offense. They are quick and athletic which is a double challenge. If Montini can stop PC running game then game probably over. I’d like to see Cogs mix things up a bit. Maybe go off script slightly and throw some elements of surprise. Of course this coming from me, an armchair, in the stands coach wanna be.

I was looking forward to playing MC (as you already know LOL) to use that game as a barometer for PC but that never happened . Now we need to use the Montini and LA to see what we really have other than what we have seen so far which is good but how good.

Thought on game from my Montini brothers or others?

Have these 2 programs ever played each other?? I can't recall a game. Seems like it should have happened along the way somewhere.

Have these 2 programs ever played each other?? I can't recall a game. Seems like it should have happened along the way somewhere.
They played in 2000 or 2001 I think... I think that was one of the first steps that turned the tide in the Broncos becoming a juggernaut.

They played in 2000 or 2001 I think... I think that was one of the first steps that turned the tide in the Broncos becoming a juggernaut.
Yes 2001 only 1 meeting. I’m looking forward to seeing Montini play. Montini fans and parents please join us at the Men’s Club bus and tent! We are having beef and sausage. Come join us pre-game. Ask for PC dad

They also played in the late 80’s when Providence joined the West Suburban Catholic Conference.

Montini contingent et al, what you thinking? Take nothing away from Montini this year because 7-0 is no easy feat. I know I’ve been challenging of the the Broncos because of early, let’s just say softer schedule, but regardless of SR and LA having “off” years MCHS still beat them both. Believe it or not even after 7 weeks (6 played games unfortunately) I still have questions on PC. Provi D still strong but has shown signs of vulnerability in the DB area. PC running game is solid, the 2 teams that slowed them up or just plain out shut down stacked the box forcing our QB2 into throwing which hasn’t exactly been his strong point this year. PC has completely under-utilized a group of potentially talented receivers up to this point.

Intangibles in the game - if Montini can run the ball successfully which won’t be easy and it allows them to open up the field to throw them it could be a long night for the Celtics. Basically if Montini can control line of scrimmage they will be able to do anything they want on offense. They are quick and athletic which is a double challenge. If Montini can stop PC running game then game probably over. I’d like to see Cogs mix things up a bit. Maybe go off script slightly and throw some elements of surprise. Of course this coming from me, an armchair, in the stands coach wanna be.

I was looking forward to playing MC (as you already know LOL) to use that game as a barometer for PC but that never happened . Now we need to use the Montini and LA to see what we really have other than what we have seen so far which is good but how good.

Thought on game from my Montini brothers or others?
I feel your pain in the underutilizing players or not putting the players in the best position possible for success. This becomes appearant when you play the better teams or challenging teams. Whatever you want to call it. You will find that out if you don’t use those receivers this week for sure. Maybe he wasn’t showing his cards before hand. Hopefully that is the case here. Otherwise, you will be saying to yourself, why or what would happen if, questions arise. I wish providence luck.

Yes 2001 only 1 meeting. I’m looking forward to seeing Montini play. Montini fans and parents please join us at the Men’s Club bus and tent! We are having beef and sausage. Come join us pre-game. Ask for PC dad
Just don’t ask them to move a lawn chair or a table for a closer parking spot. :D

Reactions: WIU78 and ClownBaby
Montini fans and parents please join us at the Men’s Club bus and tent! We are having beef and sausage. Come join us pre-game. Ask for PC dad

You guys also have a tent? Seems like everyone in the new super conference has a tent!!;)

On a serious question note - since we are talking about private schools - does the Men’s club and/or school allow beer to be consumed with the beef and sausages? It’s a total no no in the land of public schools which really sucks so we have to find good establishments to get some eats and drinks before the games.

Reactions: Gene K.
All..... Might want to ask interesting questions through e-mails. Just a suggestion though.

Hey PC Dad. Do Celtic fans still do all of their tailgating and set ups in that large grass area close to your field? That was one FUN area to hang out in. At least it was back in 2008 when the Cyclones came to town. Back then I believe one of your fans told me it was owned by a company in town (not associated in any way with the school) and they were more than happy to let football fans use it when games were going on. Ratsy

You guys also have a tent? Seems like everyone in the new super conference has a tent!!;)

On a serious question note - since we are talking about private schools - does the Men’s club and/or school allow beer to be consumed with the beef and sausages? It’s a total no no in the land of public schools which really sucks so we have to find good establishments to get some eats and drinks before the games.
Not one but 3 tents and our own bus. Look for PC flag flying about 25 feet above the bus. No comment on beer, use your imagination.

Reactions: Voodoo Tatum 21
All..... Might want to ask interesting questions through e-mails. Just a suggestion though.

Hey PC Dad. Do Celtic fans still do all of their tailgating and set ups in that large grass area close to your field? That was one FUN area to hang out in. At least it was back in 2008 when the Cyclones came to town. Back then I believe one of your fans told me it was owned by a company in town (not associated in any way with the school) and they were more than happy to let football fans use it when games were going on. Ratsy
Yes, grassy parking area west of football stadium. Stop by for beef, sausage and pop. That area is owned by NiSource/Nicor but Provi leases it out. We use for football practice area typically for sophs. We use the area for overflow parking. Come out and see that new student commons!

All.... Thanks for the invite but I'm still in Springfield. Two games left in the season and who knows when postseason play comes around maybe another meeting is in the cards between the Cyclones and Celtics in New Lenox. Ratsy

All.... Thanks for the invite but I'm still in Springfield. Two games left in the season and who knows when postseason play comes around maybe another meeting is in the cards between the Cyclones and Celtics in New Lenox. Ratsy
I’ll send the Men’s Club private plane to pick up! Just kidding

They also played in the playoffs back in '86, I believe. Montini 21-14. Great game if I remember correctly.

Solely looking at Providence's W-L record against Montini's W-L record, including the teams both have played, who knows what is going to happen tomorrow night. Both teams seem to be evenly matched.

Reactions: go dogz
Solely looking at Providence's W-L record against Montini's W-L record, including the teams both have played, who knows what is going to happen tomorrow night. Both teams seem to be evenly matched.
I’m thinking this is going to be a barn burner!

Montini 28, Providence 14. Montini has more experienced playmakers on Offense

I notice most of the talk is about PC and the heavy hitters they have played and will play these next two weeks. Looking at the 6A South Bracket as it is now projected, no where near the competition in 6A South that the Celtics have faced during the regular season. Knowing that, what are the PC fans' expectations for the post-season. Another PC/CG matchup in the 6A title game?

I notice most of the talk is about PC and the heavy hitters they have played and will play these next two weeks. Looking at the 6A South Bracket as it is now projected, no where near the competition in 6A South that the Celtics have faced during the regular season. Knowing that, what are the PC fans' expectations for the post-season. Another PC/CG matchup in the 6A title game?
Young team, one game at a time. Looking at south 6A bracket again looks attractive and intriguing to advance deep. Early round game vs Richards could be interesting. As I have said before I don’t really know what to make of this team yet other than the potential is there. PC is solid and good but how good still remains to be seen. Tomorrow will be a great barometer.

They won't get by Richards.

1-0 Actually.
I know it doesn’t matter but I’ve heard both. It used to be 2-0 because it had to be scored as an actual possible football score, now people are saying 1-0.

It's a total no-no at any IHSA athletic event. The prohibition (so to speak) includes "contest sites and any affiliated property, including parking lots, fan accommodation areas, and other school or event venue property"

But not at the AHAI state hockey championship at the United Center! :)

Well finally after 8 weeks, I got it! Montini really good. Should be playing on Saturday morning after Thanksgiving, no doubt. My Celtics, as Bowie50 says....eh. Good but not that good. I expected better tonight.

Well finally after 8 weeks, I got it! Montini really good. Should be playing on Saturday morning after Thanksgiving, no doubt. My Celtics, as Bowie50 says....eh. Good but not that good. I expected better tonight.

What’s your early BR at Montini prediction?

Montini seniors lost to BR by 2 points as sophomores...these boys have long memories...there’s not many of them, 12. Can’t predict the future by I wouldn’t bet against Montini this year.

Reactions: Gene K.
BR by 8. They are just playing outstanding right now.
I watched, field level, both PC vs BR and Montini. BR and Montini similar offensively. BR slight edge defensively due to slightly more speed than Montini. #24 and #21 from Montini, wow, great players.

Rice has to be at least a 10 point favorite going into the Montini game.

I will give you this, no one thought Montini would be 8-0 going into the Rice game. The naysayers will say, and some have said ad nauseum, that the Blue is down, but Montini is doing great for a school with approx 350 boys and competing with schools 2 and 3 times its size.

It has less to do with how many boys are in the school and much more to do with the quality of recruiting to get them. That said, it will be funny if Montini can beat Rice and win the Blue. The last year of the Blue will be won by a one-year member of the Blue who is a 5A school. Not a great way for the long time traditional powers to go out.

Reactions: Cat Box
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT