ADVERTISEMENT

Bradley (1-2) @ Lincoln Way West (2-1)

Cross Bones

Gold Member
Aug 20, 2001
This is an interesting game. Neither necessarily needs to win as BB could lose and they would still be able to make the playoffs by beating HF and the rest of the Red like LWW did last year. LWW could lose this and their remaining games against the Blue, but beat the rest of the Red and make it.

However if either wants decent seeding they'll want to win this. Also, from what I can tell this is the Red championship game. Bradley is coming off of a heart breaking 1 point loss in their upset bid to beat Lockport while West is coming off of a pretty decent beating at the hands of 'Brook.

Who do you got?

Bradley looked athletic and BIG last week. Had some issues running the ball, but when their back got loose, he looked good. As usual they have some offensive weapons, key will be BRA O vs LWW D. Bradley defense was good vs run, but definitely had some breakdowns in the secondary.

Should be a great game, if it was in Bradley I would take the Boilers, but I think West will find a way...

Reactions: Cross Bones
I think this a real toss up. Apparently top D player on LWW suffered season ending injury last week vs Brook

Only seen B-B so far, but Bradley looked darn better than a 1-2 team last week. Would favor them at home over LWW. But since it's at West, I'll go Boilers by a FG

No doubt a barometer game for both teams. Bradley hasn't beaten LWW since 2014, despite numerous close games. The Kenwood and Lockport scores are no doubt encouraging, even though my personal hypothesis is Lockport is significantly down this year (just my guess after losing 20+ starters- we'll see). Interesting that LWW is struggling offensively with such a weapon at QB.

I like the Bradley pick to edge out LWW here. It would make for a very interesting Red battle between Bradley, West, and Andrew. Andrew looks to have rebounded nicely after the Kaneland game, beating two 8A playoff teams from last year (sorry Bones!).

• Angry
Reactions: Cross Bones
I am picking Bradley. I feel the loss of the top defender for West will be too much for them to overcome.

BB has a couple nice skill kids and they are a few plays away from being 3-0.
Seems like this week is make or break for them. Looks like a great matchup

Looks like Bradley pulled this one out by a tuddie, 39-32. Surprised at the point total, but not the results.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT