ADVERTISEMENT

BR v. Minooka - Football Only

Those two were pretty good running backs.
Awesome. Led the Freshman to first undefeated record ever. Played up as sophs. Tough senior season and probably the reason that Nye didn’t come back in ‘12.

Rice paid NFHS last week to televise the game on BRtV. They used Rice's channel to stream the game. Probably lost money on the deal.
BRTV is a really good product. Hoping that some other schools can up their game. Would love to be able to watch MC, Marist and Rita. They have lots of talented kids at those schools. Far more intelligent and talented than the folks at NFHS.

Reactions: Gene K.
IHSA owns state playoff game rights and agreement is with NFHS.
By “why” I meant, “I’m sick of having to watch games on NFHS when my high school has a perfectly good product being streamed over YouTube”. Which you may have heard is owned by google. Which means their streams never get interrupted.

Rice wins this game big as they take another step to the state championship.

Rice's oline has to come to play. Long sustained drives will help break down Nooka's. Rice D must dominate the los and get some turnovers. Anything more than 17 points for Minooka ends in a loss for BR. Grill is going at 1pm

This stream is an abomination. The video quality is similar to dialup AOL internet and they're relying on the public address announcer for commentary.

So they make the school pay them an exorbitant amount of money for the school to stream the game themselves or else they give you this pile of garbage? NFHS are scumbags.

Do they understand that people are giving them money for a product and the consumer can't consume the product?

Reactions: Googertys Dog
Myles Jones hurt. Might've just been a cramp. Couldn't tell with the horrible resolution of the stream.

Rice clearly was the better team. Hearing Jones will be OK. Also hearing Whaelen (their DE who was out for game) might be cleared to play next week. Rice tackling still a concern for me - one of Minooka's TDs had about 4 missed tackles which allowed the kid to streak up the sidelines.

Whos BR's QB? Is he a Soph?
Jack Lausch, #37. Apparently, football isn’t even his best sport either...

You can say what you want about Rice’s “draw”. But they continue to win football games against the team across the field from them. And to have a sophomore quarterback leading the way is really impressive. Rice only returned 5 starters from 2018’s 8A runner up team.

Reactions: Gene K. and Bowie50
Jack Lausch, #37. Apparently, football isn’t even his best sport either...

You can say what you want about Rice’s “draw”. But they continue to win football games against the team across the field from them. And to have a sophomore quarterback leading the way is really impressive. Rice only returned 5 starters from 2018’s 8A runner up team.

Agreed that Lausch has really sparked this team on O and the D is healthy and playing very well. Rice is doing all you can do at this point of the field which is beat the team across from you and moving on. But you can’t just dismiss the draw. They got lucky with it and all credit to them are taking full advantage. But what if they had LAs draw, I think they probably lose to either of their first two opponents and the feeling around the team isn’t near as high as it is now. Your draw matters.

Agreed that Lausch has really sparked this team on O and the D is healthy and playing very well. Rice is doing all you can do at this point of the field which is beat the team across from you and moving on. But you can’t just dismiss the draw. They got lucky with it and all credit to them are taking full advantage. But what if they had LAs draw, I think they probably lose to either of their first two opponents and the feeling around the team isn’t near as high as it is now. Your draw matters.
Yes, it's an "easier" draw than others. Does beating the number #1 overall seed in 8A count for anything?

I'd be very optimistic about this team for next year regardless of what they did in the 2019 playoffs. I've said it once and I'll say it again, this team reminds me alot of the 2017 team except they didn't get hammered with injuries as badly. The 2018 followed up with a trip to Champaign. Next year they have an experienced team with an experienced junior quarterback and talent at skill positions including Shaw, Jones, Bell, Moorehead. They do lose alot after this year but I think they'll retool nicely.

You can’t say that. It’s football. Different matchups pose different problems. Not taking anything away from Warren, but I would not be surprised if Rice wins. Very good experienced coaching staff. They were just here last year. Success breeds success!

You can’t say that. It’s football. Different matchups pose different problems. Not taking anything away from Warren, but I would not be surprised if Rice wins. Very good experienced coaching staff. They were just here last year. Success breeds success!

This should be a great game. BR will bring their A game and Warren has proven themselves as a team to be reckoned with. Since I don’t know a lot about Warren other than they have a very nasty defense. So I have a question and will wait to see your responses.

Has Warren ever come from behind? What happens if the fall behind early, do they have an offense that can strike quickly?

All I know from watching the film of BR's game was that sophomore QB plays lights out! Doesn't play like a soph. Why wasn't he playing earlier in the year.
It's a great question. Somers started the year and the offense was ok. Somers got hurt against Loyola at the end of the first half and Lausch came in but didn't do much. Then Badke puts Lausch in to start the 2nd half against MC and does a pretty good job against a reeled in MC defense including a ~60 yard scamper and a TD pass. Lausch has been remarkably composed and effective for being thrown into the fire of a playoff run as a sophomore.

What can’t you say? Of course different teams present different matchups but look at it realistically. Would you rather play Maine South then GBW or Bartlett then South Elgin? It’s a no brainer.

Yes, it's an "easier" draw than others. Does beating the number #1 overall seed in 8A count for anything?

I'd be very optimistic about this team for next year regardless of what they did in the 2019 playoffs. I've said it once and I'll say it again, this team reminds me alot of the 2017 team except they didn't get hammered with injuries as badly. The 2018 followed up with a trip to Champaign. Next year they have an experienced team with an experienced junior quarterback and talent at skill positions including Shaw, Jones, Bell, Moorehead. They do lose alot after this year but I think they'll retool nicely.
Plus whatever transfers they get in

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT