ADVERTISEMENT

Boom football

fuballcrzy

Mar 5, 2020
I see that Boom is doing a showcase and tryouts for fall league. Can anyone provide any insight on playing 7 v 7 with Boom? Son is a rising junior FB/ILB so I always thought it may be better time spent concentrating on weight room and speed training. From anyone with any experience in this area, is this time well spent for his position? A good program in general? Any feedback is appreciated.

they provide decent training, especially on route running and agility. However, they dramatically oversell the "exposure" they give you. There are better cheaper options for player development

Reactions: Schwab54
I see that Boom is doing a showcase and tryouts for fall league. Can anyone provide any insight on playing 7 v 7 with Boom? Son is a rising junior FB/ILB so I always thought it may be better time spent concentrating on weight room and speed training. From anyone with any experience in this area, is this time well spent for his position? A good program in general? Any feedback is appreciated.

I am not sure what a league would look like because you technically can only scrimmage within a team. I am sure people with get creative with their definition of a team.

Reactions: Hillini74
I think they are looking at practicing a couple times per week with one geared individual and one geared team and then hopefully it will open up a bit and allow some type of competition later in year. More interested if anyone has had a son participate with Boom in past and what their thoughts are.

I think it be pretty easy for boom to be able to pull off games with in the boom system

I think it be pretty easy for boom to be able to pull off games with in the boom system
True. It would be easy for a lot of organizations in medium risk sports to pull off games but will depend on who is monitoring and enforcing the guidelines. The goal is to limit the number of individuals coming in contact with each other so you are only supposed to have scrimmages within your team. You may be able to claim up to 50 players are on one team which would allow for 4 squads to scrimmage against each other. I am sure organizations will push the limits and if they are playing at a private facility they will be fine. If they are trying to use park district facilities I could see them having issues if they are not following that agency’s rules. It will be interesting.

I understand the guidelines, so do they, that’s why they’ll find a way to do it, I never said it would be “safe”. They found a way to their event this weekend, by knowing the new rules don’t kick in until the following week and it’s in park district property. Where there’s a will....follow the money.

Boom will make more money than usually do off of parents for basically a house touch football league.

Reactions: Schwab54
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT