Boom football

Discussion in 'Edgy's Lost His Mind Free Football Board' started by fuballcrzy, Jul 31, 2020.

1. fuballcrzy

fuballcrzy Member
    Expand Collapse

I see that Boom is doing a showcase and tryouts for fall league. Can anyone provide any insight on playing 7 v 7 with Boom? Son is a rising junior FB/ILB so I always thought it may be better time spent concentrating on weight room and speed training. From anyone with any experience in this area, is this time well spent for his position? A good program in general? Any feedback is appreciated.

2. King MJ

King MJ Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

they provide decent training, especially on route running and agility. However, they dramatically oversell the "exposure" they give you. There are better cheaper options for player development

Schwab54 likes this.
  3. crusader_of_90

crusader_of_90 Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

Follow this training regimen and he will be fine.

4. brucealmighy

brucealmighy Well-Known Member
    Expand Collapse

I am not sure what a league would look like because you technically can only scrimmage within a team. I am sure people with get creative with their definition of a team.

Hillini74 likes this.
  5. fuballcrzy

fuballcrzy Member
    Expand Collapse

I think they are looking at practicing a couple times per week with one geared individual and one geared team and then hopefully it will open up a bit and allow some type of competition later in year. More interested if anyone has had a son participate with Boom in past and what their thoughts are.

6. missingwalter

missingwalter Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I think it be pretty easy for boom to be able to pull off games with in the boom system

7. brucealmighy

Expand Collapse

True. It would be easy for a lot of organizations in medium risk sports to pull off games but will depend on who is monitoring and enforcing the guidelines. The goal is to limit the number of individuals coming in contact with each other so you are only supposed to have scrimmages within your team. You may be able to claim up to 50 players are on one team which would allow for 4 squads to scrimmage against each other. I am sure organizations will push the limits and if they are playing at a private facility they will be fine. If they are trying to use park district facilities I could see them having issues if they are not following that agency’s rules. It will be interesting.

8. missingwalter

missingwalter Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

I understand the guidelines, so do they, that’s why they’ll find a way to do it, I never said it would be “safe”. They found a way to their event this weekend, by knowing the new rules don’t kick in until the following week and it’s in park district property. Where there’s a will....follow the money.

9. mc140

mc140 Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

Boom will make more money than usually do off of parents for basically a house touch football league.

Schwab54 likes this.
  10. Gene K.

Gene K. Well-Known Member
    Gold Member
    Expand Collapse

What kind of fees does Boom get from people wanting to join?

11. brucealmighy

Expand Collapse

I think I saw $350 for new players and $150 for returning for their fall football academy. One day of practices and one day of scrimmage a week.

Gene K. likes this.