ADVERTISEMENT

Bishop Noll

superac777

Aug 28, 2006
Unconfirmed but looking like once storied Bishop Noll of Hammond has dropped football or run into the same problems as Hales and SFDS.They had to forfeit to Whiting last year as they were down to 16 players.Hate to see this

How have numbers been for Freshman at camps around the greater Chicago area this summer?
Low....heard Rita is up but from kids that attended camp, BR was at 36, down nearly 30, MC was 43, down 17, Marist 41, down almost 20. I’m sure more kids will trickle in for each school, but low across the board....I’m sure not that surprising. Too bad for Bishop Noll. I know Wayne Racine was really hoping to turn it around

John Harrell who like Edgy does here in The Land Of Lincoln does a great job over in Indiana e-mailed me tonight and confirmed.I know they figured to have 30 something players but only 16 came out to practice.Too bad.Was told they are exploring playing 8 man with Wisconsin,Illinois,Michigan schools

Last edited:
Low....heard Rita is up but from kids that attended camp, BR was at 36, down nearly 30, MC was 43, down 17, Marist 41, down almost 20. I’m sure more kids will trickle in for each school, but low across the board....I’m sure not that surprising. Too bad for Bishop Noll. I know Wayne Racine was really hoping to turn it around
Looks like Rita really bucked the trend then. Rita had 66 frosh at camp. Up 26 from last year and one of their best numbers in 5 years.

Looks like Rita really bucked the trend then. Rita had 66 frosh at camp. Up 26 from last year and one of their best numbers in 5 years.

Was on the golf course with a freshmen offensive coach twice this summer. He likes the talent on this team. Last year they were 8-1. He said the talent this year is good too but besides the numbers they are bigger size wise. Last years team had a number of kids who played offensive line who will be varsity linebackers. This year the freshmen linemen have some physical size. The coach said he will be adding to the play book because the will have players to run the full ground game.

Last edited:
JCA had 47 frosh at camp. Largest number in years. From what I heard, some decent talent

Hate to see Bishop Noll eliminate varsity football. That was a very good Indiana program in the 80s and 90s. Hopefully the coach and administration can get the program going again

Wood Memorial also dropped football up by Evansville.They were the school that got into trouble for sexually hazing football players.They cancelled the rest of the 2016 football season came back with 7 games last year but only 13 out for football.Players not involved were punished and told the school they would never play again for them

1989 (13-1,4-0) Class 3A State Champs Jerry Vlasic(Bishop Noll)
-----------------------------------------------
Aug 25 ANDREAN................ 40-21 W
Sep 01 at Gary West........... 34-7 W
Sep 08 at Gary Wallace........ 11-13 L
Sep 15 EAST CHICAGO CENT...... 29-14 W
Sep 22 *at Hammond Clark....... 21-0 W
Sep 29 *HAMMOND GAVIT.......... 38-21 W
Oct 06 *at Hammond Morton...... 27-6 W
Oct 13 *HAMMOND................ 30-28 W
Oct 20 at Kankakee Valley..... 42-14 W
Oct 27 at Hammond Gavit....... 20-7 W
Nov 03 GRIFFITH............... 25-18 W