ADVERTISEMENT

Beth Bowl

capnbillhitters

Gold Member
May 18, 2015
We need to get @mwhittman on a hot mic to provide the play by play for HC / LA.

Not sure how many points Beth is willing to give LA, but my guess is that LA might be coming in hot after the Round 1 scare.

Question for the Board, what will be your penance, if HC does pull this off?

Not sure how many points Beth is willing to give LA, but my guess is that LA might be coming in hot after the Round 1 scare.

cap:

Oh boy, will I take abuse if I am wrong. Should I lose, I will admit my wayward ways, beg for absolution, and send Beth Long $10,000 in Monopoly money.

If Boyle is out, LA is in trouble. If their D plays like they did during the 4th Q, they are definitely in trouble.

cap:

Oh boy, will I take abuse if I am wrong. Should I lose, I will admit my wayward ways, beg for absolution, and send Beth Long $10,000 in Monopoly money.

Don’t think it will cost you that much as long as LA stops all those QB sneaks amiright?

Change his avatar

1350326054-0.jpg

Reactions: MWittman
We get the point dude. Your hard on for me and or MWhitt is really embarrassing.

Is it possible for anyone on this board to engage someone without you feeling the need to overshare?

Reactions: kitty_bintingot
We get the point dude. Your hard on for me and or MWhitt is really embarrassing.

Is it possible for anyone on this board to engage someone without you feeling the need to overshare?

I like GEPreps posts, especially the ones responding to your posts. Seems like he doesn't have the reverence for you that the other posters on here have.

GEpreps and Hinterland are the proverbial turds in the punch bowl. And where is all of this hate for Beth coming from? As for the game, HC is surging at the right time of the season. LA will have its hands full. Should be a good game.

If Boyle is out, LA is in trouble. If their D plays like they did during the 4th Q, they are definitely in trouble.

Certainly, Boyle is a great dual threat. However, I was impressed with his sub, Jack Fallon, and super impressed with Trevor Cabanban. If Boyle is out, and I doubt he is (Coach H was quoted as saying he was removed as a precautionary measure when we were up a ton), I think that Fallon can pass (witness his two TD bombs to Jones) and hand the ball off to Bullie and Cabanban pretty well. If Boyle is out next week, that settles the QB keeper argument, as I doubt they will want Fallon straying too far from the pocket.

LA's defense against the run is pretty stout. Based on what I saw last Saturday, their pass defense definitely needs to create more pressure on the QB and play tighter in the secondary. I'm more worried about Lynch being out than Boyle. Doc put his arm in a sling on the sidelines.

Last edited:
What should mw have to change his screen name to if Hinsdale C wins?

Dean:

While some have suggested I overhaul my image or create a whole new identity, I have resolved to remain unchanged.

I have, however, completely ruled out an avatar resembling a pre-teen blow-up doll.

Reactions: PRokie
I’ve heard of the struggles Loyola had vs the pass but that likely is an after thought this week as Hinsdale runs the ball and does so very effectively.

The two backs Skokna and Oakey are not very big but run big. Hard to tackle.

If you can get them in 2nd or 3rd and Long you probably beat this team easily. If you’re constantly in 2-5 or less not gonna end well.

Was very impressed with Hinsdales O-Line. They don’t try and hide things. Thy line up heavy left or right and pound the ball right at you.

Should be a good contest.

GEpreps and Hinterland are the proverbial turds in the punch bowl. And where is all of this hate for Beth coming from? As for the game, HC is surging at the right time of the season. LA will have its hands full. Should be a good game.

I did hear you like punch, Chucky!

No hate for Beth. I admire someone willing to go out on a limb, in public, and lay a huge upset out there as a prediction. When she published her 8A brackets, she made a statement that the recent history of Loyola success (not going to do the math but think they are averaging 4 playoff games a year if not more) would not sway her in her decision to take HC in this Round 2 matchup.

I admire her for having the guts to pick this game and so I have dubbed this game the Beth Bowl. If HC wins, most on this board will owe her a hardy tip of the hat.

I like GEPreps posts, especially the ones responding to your posts. Seems like he doesn't have the reverence for you that the other posters on here have.
Glad you like them.

I find them to be generally childish and serve no purpose beyond a nosepicking 6th grader running around saying "I told you so."

And from what I understand, the taunting is often followed by a disappearing act when things don't go his way. That smells of cowardice in my book, so garners little respect.

Reactions: GEPreps
Glad you like them.

I find them to be generally childish and serve no purpose beyond a nosepicking 6th grader running around saying "I told you so."

And from what I understand, the taunting is often followed by a disappearing act when things don't go his way. That smells of cowardice in my book, so garners little respect.
I could not agree more.

And where is all of this hate for Beth coming from?

chuck:

Eight days ago, the Sun Times' Beth Long broke down the 8A bracket with her predictions. I contested her projection Hinsdale Central would advance to the Quarterfinals. A path which would see a HC victory over first-round opponent Stevenson, the round-two game would see the Red Devils overcome LA. I bet $10k her guessing would never be realized. I did not say HC would not lose to Stevenson, but rather implied HC would not vanquish LA.

The thread was deleted, but not before one poster who poses as a GW fan took to the forum and engaging in his one-man guerrilla war asserted with maximum petulance I am a consumed with misogyny. He later attempted to undergird his uninspired hunch by attaching an image suggesting I am guilty of racism.

He has attempted to run with the theme all week.

Last edited:
Reactions: capnbillhitters
He later attempted to undergird his uninspired hunch by attaching an image suggesting I am guilty of racism.

Sorry missed that one. Maybe you can elaborate?

Anywho, this forum is probably not the best place to work through your repressed guilt.

Reactions: MWittman
Hey, I am willing to learn, so can you guys please document for everyone exactly what you define as qualities needed to establish "Edgy's Lost His Mind Free Football Board" bona fides?

Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing that myself GEPreps, although regardless of the bona fides, this board learns a lot from my posts and would do well to recognize that!

Sorry Cap - GE is too darn entertaining.
Yeah, I wouldn't mind knowing that myself GEPreps, although regardless of the bona fides, this board learns a lot from my posts and would do well to recognize that!

Hinterland - You and GE are awesome. I personally get a kick out of reading your back and forths. A little bit of entertainment during the meat of the day is fun.

Reactions: Bowie50
chuck:

Eight days ago, the Sun Times' Beth Long broke down the 8A bracket with her predictions. I contested her projection Hinsdale Central would advance to the Quarterfinals. A path which would see HC a victory over first-round opponent Stevenson, the round-two game would see the Red Devils overcome LA. I bet $10k her guessing would never be realized. I did not say HC would not lose to Stevenson, but rather implied HC would not vanquish LA.

The thread was deleted, but not before one poster who poses as a GW fan took to the forum and engaging in his one-man guerrilla war asserted with maximum petulance I am a consumed with misogyny. He later attempted to undergird his uninspired hunch by attaching an image suggesting I am guilty of racism.

He has attempted to run with the theme all week.
Understood. My comment was mostly tounge in cheek. I think Beth showed some guts in making her selections in public. But I also think naming the game the Beth Bowl is funny. Anyway, I'm not sure which is worse: GEprep's immature dumbass-ery, or Hinterland's Gomer Pyle-like stupidity. I am sure their participation diminished this thread and Edgy's hard work on his site. How much time has been wasted trying to turn these guys off? Capn is a major and significant contributor to meaningful content on this Web site. It would be a shame if he had to reduce his participation on Edgy because of these 2 morons.

Last edited:
Reactions: jsoulis
Understood. My comment was mostly tounge in cheek. I think Beth showed some guts in making her selections in public. But I also thing naming the game the Beth Bowl is funny. Anyway, I'm not sure which is worse: GEprep's immature dumbass-ery, or Hinyerland's Gomer Pyle-like stupidity. I am sure their participation deminished this thread and Edgy's hard work on his site. How much time has been wasted trying to turn these guys off? Capn is a major and significant contributor to meaningful content on this Web site. It would be a shame if he had to reduce his participation on Edgy because of these 2 morons.

Never happen. Turds in the punchbowl would never make me leave the party.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT