ADVERTISEMENT

Battle in the Blue

Based on the latest try for 2 they went for it because if they are even remotely close to the goal line the ref’s just award them the points. 🤣🤣🤣
Did they fumble it forward and recover it in the end zone?

He wasn’t even close to the goal line when his knee hit the ground prior to fumbling. Our Lady is really on their side!

That’s what I thought so I was wondering if they called the TD on the recovery which you can’t do.

Cool? I guess since I don’t have the experience as they do automatically that makes me some fool with an opinion? Ok thanks for the tip and for encouraging younger officials to keep getting better.
I guess a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.
we’ve got enough credibility issues, some deserved most not, to have another official run to a message board the instant they think a judgement call was missed and fuel the fire with misinformation. Even worse when it appears to have been called correctly.
I wish you the best in your officiating career and hope that someday someone can armchair quarterback/officiate your quarterfinal game someday.

Yo Chief, if you think that was a correct call and you’re a ref, I’ve got bad news for you. You’re part of the problem.
He’s going to the ground when he’s attempting to make the catch. So he has to maintain possession through his contact with the ground. At :07 on the posted video you can see the ball is moving and may/may not touch the ground but that doesn’t matter because he’s clearly not in control of it. So he does not have secure possession, so he doesn’t have a catch. Sorry you disagree, but this appears to be a correct call.

Why is Lausch on the field for BR when they are up 2 scores with a minute left?

No, he has to close and run to the spot - seemed he was out of position by not closing on the play.
Expand on this statement, please. I think you're arguing more philosophy than mechanics here. As a guy dealing with a foot injury all season, depending on where I'm working in a specific game I've had to change up what I do to make sure I'm in the spots needed.

I guess a little bit of knowledge is a dangerous thing.
we’ve got enough credibility issues, some deserved most not, to have another official run to a message board the instant they think a judgement call was missed and fuel the fire with misinformation. Even worse when it appears to have been called correctly.
I wish you the best in your officiating career and hope that someday someone can armchair quarterback/officiate your quarterfinal game someday.
I have no problem with Newt saying what he saw. I get what your saying and I am sure a lot of the quick judgment is because last weeks game and it seems like their has been a lot of really bad calls that have happened in critical moments during some games. That said I feel for the refs it’s a tough job and split second decisions. I will say that the personal attacks for someone’s opinion is getting old. Why are people so quick to attack someone personally? It’s just a high school football game. I have no problem with disagreeing or even someone going on a rant but the personal attacks lack class. IMO

I have no problem with Newt saying what he saw. I get what your saying and I am sure a lot of the quick judgment is because last weeks game and it seems like their has been a lot of really bad calls that have happened in critical moments during some games. That said I feel for the refs it’s a tough job and split second decisions. I will say that the personal attacks for someone’s opinion is getting old. Why are people so quick to attack someone personally? It’s just a high school football game. I have no problem with disagreeing or even someone going on a rant but the personal attacks lack class. IMO
It’s was more of a generalized fool comment vs specific to him but I get what you’re saying. I apologize to Newt as I did not intend to come at him in that way. The reaction toward him personally was not warranted.

It’s was more of a generalized fool comment vs specific to him but I get what you’re saying. I apologize to Newt as I did not intend to come at him in that way. The reaction toward him personally was not warranted.
We all get caught up in the moment. The keyboard makes it easy to type something wishing we didn’t hit send. Your obviously a good man to apologize! 👍

Mt Carmel living charmed life again. TD catch ruled out of bounds. SMH
Charmed life in regards to favorable calls? Curious to know what the penalty breakdown was? Guessing 18-3 in rice favor. I’d never want to sound like the Newt and take away from BR big victory. Pretty lopsided calls in this one.

No whining just stating facts - seems to bother you Carmel boys? Awe, too bad
How does red call a face mask penalty when forward progress is stopped and whistle has blown? Wouldn’t the only call at that point be a personal foul?

Unlike you when it comes to MC,….. Absolutely do not want to take away from the BR victory nor am I implying that the officiating had anything to do with MC’s loss. Hats off to BR. 18-3 in favor of BR penalty wise? Asking for a friend…..

So you want him on the end line and closer? But the angle you’re judging this from is not on the end line, nor is it closer. It is far better to have your eyes set and still vs being close and having them moving. He’s in fine position from what I can see, and much better position than you are.
He taps he ground indicating he has the ball on the ground. Pause it at the :07 sec point. The ball slips out and looks like it may hit, but regardless does not appear to be controlled and he must survive contact with the ground with possession to have a catch. He had the best seat in the house, and much better than your seat. This appears to be a very good call.
So why don’t you stop criticizing people doing something you clearly have no idea what your talking about on. Just because a crew had a bad game last week doesn’t make it open season for every fool with an uneducated opinion.
Chief , Very good analysis on this play. Back judge is on the end line, he stops so the camera lens in his eyes stop also. Catch is not completed. He points to the ground to indicate that.
The second photo means nothing. Can't tell if he completes the play from a still photo.

Reactions: Chief321
Great coaching?
I don’t know anything about coaching football but I do recall BR being up 36-21 against MC with a few minutes to go in the regular season and then that game was tied in a blink of an eye. It’s not over til it’s over and when it’s win or go home, I’m ok with him being out there.

Let’s assume the BR staff didn’t make any adjustments and it was poor coaching the whole game. That’s pretty impressive for the players to score 35 points in the second half, rush for 430+ yards in the game and force MC to attempt 34 passes. Sounds like a winning formula to me.

BR Half time adjustment was..,
Run the ball and they did it very well
I think they passed one time in the second half

I don’t know anything about coaching football but I do recall BR being up 36-21 against MC with a few minutes to go in the regular season and then that game was tied in a blink of an eye. It’s not over til it’s over and when it’s win or go home, I’m ok with him being out there.

Let’s assume the BR staff didn’t make any adjustments and it was poor coaching the whole game. That’s pretty impressive for the players to score 35 points in the second half, rush for 430+ yards in the game and force MC to attempt 34 passes. Sounds like a winning formula to me.
Nor do I and that’s a more than fair point. However game 1 was a 2 td lead with almost 5 minutes remaining. Game 2 was a 2 td lead with a minute remaining and no timeouts for MC. Lausch got banged up on a few plays during course of the game. After seeing My star QB laying on the field with an injury would have been enough not to have him in on defense with a minute remaining and a 2 score lead. Just my 2 cents.

How does red call a face mask penalty when forward progress is stopped and whistle has blown? Wouldn’t the only call at that point be a personal foul?

Unlike you when it comes to MC,….. Absolutely do not want to take away from the BR victory nor am I implying that the officiating had anything to do with MC’s loss. Hats off to BR. 18-3 in favor of BR penalty wise? Asking for a friend…..
It was a personal foul. MC was losing composure as they got a UNS a couple plays earlier on same drive. I thought the game was officiated quite well especially compared to the prior MC game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT