ADVERTISEMENT

Battle in the Blue

Shout out to BRTV. After flipping back and forth between some really poor quality streams today, some that they charged for, this is a tremendous broadcast. Kids calling the game are really good too, tough job for a HS student and they are great.

Carmel OC needs to realize the rice defense hasn’t been able to stop the run. Three straight passes at midfield and they have to punt.

Shout out to BRTV. After flipping back and forth between some really poor quality streams today, some that they charged for, this is a tremendous broadcast. Kids calling the game are really good too, tough job for a HS student and they are great.
Actualllyk, I've got the game on both sources. The BR version is one to two "rea minutes" ahead of comcast. Kids doing a great job.

Mt Carmel living charmed life again. TD catch ruled out of bounds. SMH

Let's not start blaming the refs again. Even video evidence is deceptive.
The Back judge should’ve stared that down. That’s as a catch and a TD. It was a bad miss for a quarterfinal playoff crew

True but his responsibility primarily is the end line and he was no where near where the receiver was. Should be better mechanics for a quarterfinal playoff crew
You are saying the refs standing under the uprights was out of position?

No, he has to close and run to the spot - seemed he was out of position by not closing on the play.
It seemed like he was the only official on the back of the end zone. He started in the middle and ended about 1/3 of the way to the sideline. Not sure how much closer you want him.

No, he has to close and run to the spot - seemed he was out of position by not closing on the play.
So you want him on the end line and closer? But the angle you’re judging this from is not on the end line, nor is it closer. It is far better to have your eyes set and still vs being close and having them moving. He’s in fine position from what I can see, and much better position than you are.
He taps he ground indicating he has the ball on the ground. Pause it at the :07 sec point. The ball slips out and looks like it may hit, but regardless does not appear to be controlled and he must survive contact with the ground with possession to have a catch. He had the best seat in the house, and much better than your seat. This appears to be a very good call.
So why don’t you stop criticizing people doing something you clearly have no idea what your talking about on. Just because a crew had a bad game last week doesn’t make it open season for every fool with an uneducated opinion.

Panzers have more armor but less mobility compared to the Shermans. Carmel doesn't have Lausch but it has versatility.

Reactions: eireog
So you want him on the end line and closer? But the angle you’re judging this from is not on the end line, nor is it closer. It is far better to have your eyes set and still vs being close and having them moving. He’s in fine position from what I can see, and much better position than you are.
He taps he ground indicating he has the ball on the ground. Pause it at the :07 sec point. The ball slips out and looks like it may hit, but regardless does not appear to be controlled and he must survive contact with the ground with possession to have a catch. He had the best seat in the house, and much better than your seat. This appears to be a very good call.
So why don’t you stop criticizing people doing something you clearly have no idea what your talking about on. Just because a crew had a bad game last week doesn’t make it open season for every fool with an uneducated opinion.
Cool? I guess since I don’t have the experience as they do automatically that makes me some fool with an opinion? Ok thanks for the tip and for encouraging younger officials to keep getting better.

I would also tell you as a back judge that regardless of my view it was what I viewed much like what he viewed. I disagreed with it, but calling me a fool clearly shows the divide between the veteran officials and the ones trying to get better. We have a problem and it’s on exacerbated by people like you who choose to trash you get officials who see a play comment and try to get better.

Don’t like my commentary? Too bad. I’ve watched and officiated many games this year and the quality in our profession this fall has been bad. We ALL need to get better not just the ones that elitists like yourself seem should.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT