ADVERTISEMENT

Badke, We Hardly Knew Ye

ignazio

Oct 25, 2007

Good for Brian. I've been critical in the past on some of this gametime decisions. However overall he has righted the ship in a big way from where it was when he took over. He's got a lot of talent at Rice (and some more on the way) so he might have a great swan song in November. Hoping he goes out on top... then he can tell me to to F myself

might have a great swan song

Extra motivation for the players, who have the talent to go far, but will need some luck as well. Rice beat MC with the same combination. They intercepted an end zone pass to the 6-5 Jack Butcher, who had been having a good year, and then Lausch dropped a punt on the 1-yard-line, sealing the 20-13 win

Last edited:
LaRussa should be available on the southside soon.
This is going to really get this off topic but...They’re in first place!! Until that drastically changes he ain’t going anywhere. I don’t agree with his managerial tactics on some situations but at the end of the day it’s about W/L and they are winning more then losing right now.

He left Laurence! He’s available! I would have to think Matt Kelly if he wants it!
My freshman year, 1st period theology teacher. He could be decent at least. Respected guy - at least by people I know.

My freshman year, 1st period theology teacher. He could be decent at least. Respected guy - at least by people I know.
They had good success with him, they went to the semis one year, made the playoffs most others. I heard he wasn't an aggressive recruiter but in the end he had success.

Reactions: corey90
Pat Dunne or another Marist alum. Before the Rice guys start throwing rocks remember Pat Richardson and very successful teacher and basketball coach for the Crusaders was a Marist man through and through. In any event i predict it will be a neighborhood guy and rightly so.

Pat Dunne or another Marist alum. Before the Rice guys start throwing rocks remember Pat Richardson and very successful teacher and basketball coach for the Crusaders was a Marist man through and through. In any event i predict it will be a neighborhood guy and rightly so.
I would take Pat Dunne in a heartbeat. Fun fact: His dad is in the Brother Rice Hall of Fame.

Reactions: Topiary
This won’t be a popular choice and it’s unlikely but Harold Blackmon is too talented to be at Oak Lawn. He rebuilt a dying program at Laurence and took them to 2 semi finals with half the talent BR has. He can recruit the hell out of African American student athletes and talking with some parents who I work with that had kids coached by him, they loved him. I’d give him an interview at least. But if Matt Kelly is interested and he is in house already....either way it will be a coveted position.

This won’t be a popular choice and it’s unlikely but Harold Blackmon is too talented to be at Oak Lawn. He rebuilt a dying program at Laurence and took them to 2 semi finals with half the talent BR has. He can recruit the hell out of African American student athletes and talking with some parents who I work with that had kids coached by him, they loved him. I’d give him an interview at least. But if Matt Kelly is interested and he is in house already....either way it will be a coveted position.

Blackmon resigned after beating Argo twice for his only wins in two years there.

My understanding is that Kelly is not interested in being a head coach. He enjoys his full-time job in the building and being an offensive coordinator. A little more flexibility than being the HC. I thought he would be the logical choice, too, if he wanted it.

Same goes for Nye - I don’t believe he would be a candidate. Maybe a defensive coordinator down the road in a return to his alma mater?

I’m pleased with the candidates that I’ve heard have either expressed interest or that BR will reach out to. No clubhouse leader at the moment...

Last edited:
Blackmon resigned after beating Argo twice for his only wins in two years there.
He’s a good coach, he got fired in April and inherited a long time suffering program two months later. Let him coach at a program when he can go out and recruit kids.

Last edited:
Reactions: Topiary and Gene K.
No Dave Lenti rumblings yet? His name seems to fly around openings every year.

I think Lenti is retiring too in order to catch more of his kid's games in Dayton
Not fully retiring. Will be involved in practice and reviewing film, but you are correct he is scaling his responsibilities way back in order to be at his son Matt games at Dayton now that he will be on the field more.

Rice just lost one of their coordinators Malopsey to become HC at Oak Forest - good first HC job for that kid

Rice just lost one of their coordinators Malopsey to become HC at Oak Forest - good first HC job for that kid
Better pay and a pension too. Hard to turn those offers down especially in this day and age.

My understanding is that Kelly is not interested in being a head coach. He enjoys his full-time job in the building and being an offensive coordinator. A little more flexibility than being the HC. I thought he would be the logical choice, too, if he wanted it.

Same goes for Nye - I don’t believe he would be a candidate. Maybe a defensive coordinator down the road in a return to his alma mater?

I’m pleased with the candidates that I’ve heard have either expressed interest or that BR will reach out to. No clubhouse leader at the moment...
Keep eye out for former BR Quarterback and NIU Huskie Dan Nicholson. Great Young Alum that would be great at his alma mater

Reactions: dweise and Topiary
Does anyone else think BR probably already has there guy in place. With a young former student and assistant coach leaving for OFHS. Makes me think they already made up there mind or else he would have stayed and tried getting the lead job at rice. Could be totally wrong.

Does anyone else think BR probably already has there guy in place. With a young former student and assistant coach leaving for OFHS. Makes me think they already made up there mind or else he would have stayed and tried getting the lead job at rice. Could be totally wrong.
Good point but he wanted a public school job. He was not going to apply even if he didn’t get the Oak Forest job.

At the moment, I don’t think there’s any rush to hire/name a replacement.

Last edited:
Good point but he wanted a public school job. He was not going to apply even if he didn’t get the Oak Forest job.

At the moment, I don’t think there’s any rush to hire/name a replacement.
No need to rush, it will be a desirable position, you got months to make a decision

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT