ADVERTISEMENT

Auburn vs Freeport

Rockford used to be a pretty nice city.I’ll stop there.No sense beating a dead horse

Rockford used to be a pretty nice city.I’ll stop there.No sense beating a dead horse

Whose beating a dead horse? Story reported and it’s disgusting that their is reports of gunfire near a HS. Wrong in so many ways.

Whose beating a dead horse? Story reported and it’s disgusting that their is reports of gunfire near a HS. Wrong in so many ways.
What I meant was ppl always ask"It used to be nice out there,What Happened?" & my reply is always the same & truthful but met with backlash.Just like all the shootings in Chicago.Guns,proverty,The hot weather, etc to blame.Always making excuses for the thugs.

Go Pretzels!

It is sad story but not necessarily surprising. Rockford violent crime has been rising against most trends for last 20+ years. It wouldn’t have shocked me though to see an incident with people shooting at each other outside Auburn stadium back in the 80s or 90s. Good news is this was outside the stadium and no one hurt. I’m sure Rockford Auburn isn’t the only HS in Illinois at risk for these types of distractions

On the football front, congrats to coach Dedmond opening his tenure with a win against a team who has been top of conference last few years. It would be great if he can rebuild some pride and get that program moving forward again. His son, QB, had a few really great highlight plays... state finalist wrestler and seems to translate as a great football player

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT