ADVERTISEMENT

Ask Soucie Week 7 Projection questions here

Moline and Stagg both at 4-2 and playing Week 9 yet I'm not seeing either in the playoffs or listed as a 5-4 without enough points. Am I missing something?

Rambler fans with long memories would LOVE to see Naperville North visit Wilmette in round one.

Reactions: ignazio
Hubbard will be adding somewhere between 5-7 pts once they get their week 9 team. You still don't think they get in? Actually I think they beat Morgan Park and win the conference but still.

I find the cut-off from 7A and 8A really interesting.

Any chance Leyden or Bloom find their ways in the 8A field?

Potentially pushing Plainfield North and / or Glenbard West to 7A in the process.

I think there is a typo in the commentary. Glenbrook North would miss out on point not Glenbrook South, right?

(though i dont think it would matter since I think Glenbrook South beats Evansotn)

also, what are the key games which could determine is Tuscola plays 1a or 2a. will be a huge impact. Think tuscola could win either class.

No question, just a comment. This is the worst one yet. The hardest route since a team had to beat JCA, Richards, the team that beat MC, and Providence in the early 90's just to make it to the championship.
yep the bottom half is nothing compared to the top.

Soucie--great job as always and much appreciated!

I see a potential SR/MC matchup in the quarterfinals. What are the percentages SR/MC end up in the same little bracket, so to speak? Thanks.

Thanks Soucie, always love these games.

If WV gets past LWC, would you project them as winning one of either NN or WN?

Also, If Bloom beats Kank this weekend, will you project them in on points?

The following post you are about to read is an effort on my part to be funny. No harm is meant to anyone slighted in this post so proceed only if you are not the sensitive type.

Commentary Only - I would love this bracket if it came true. GW would get to host a Warren team that ran up and down the field on a now looking beatable LZ. After we dispatch those losers, we head up to Wilmette where we even the score with LA by dismantling them on a more conducive field for GW. After that we head down to LWE for a rematch of '12 title game (only with LWN added in for good measure). All you sissies think LWE are so tough but GW will dispatch them by half time.

By the time we get to MS our revenge plan will be ready for the Final Solution. GW will destroy MS's running game and lock down the passing game in a rout. By the time we hit Dekalb, NC may be pulling a CPS-like cancel to avoid having to face my Hitters. Better to take 2nd place and keep your kids healthy, I say.

That better GForce?

Last edited:
Commentary Only - I would love this bracket if it came true. GW would get to host a Warren team that ran up and down the field on a now looking beatable LZ. After we dispatch those losers, we head up to Wilmette where we even the score with LA by dismantling them on a more conducive field for GW. After that we head down to LWE for a rematch of '12 title game (only with LWN added in for good measure). All you sissies think LWE are so tough but GW will dispatch them by half time.

By the time we get to MS our revenge plan will be ready for the Final Solution. GW will destroy MS's running game and lock down the passing game in a rout. By the time we hit Dekalb, NC may be pulling a CPS-like cancel to avoid having to face my Hitters. Better to take 2nd place and keep your kids healthy, I say.

That better GForce?
Sounds reasonable!

Reactions: capnbillhitters
Do you really think that the point cutoff will be 37 to 38, or a little higher?

That better GForce?

Wow calling HS kids losers which includes my son. You’re a special kind of guy. I would love to have you call my son and a few of his buddies losers to their faces and see how that ends up for you. My guess, not well.

Wow calling HS kids losers which includes my son. You’re a special kind of guy. I would love to have you call my son and a few of his buddies losers to their faces and see how that ends up for you. My guess, not well.

Satire is satire Newt. I have taken a beating for trying to contort GW into 7A. This was my way of having some fun

Satire is satire Newt. I have taken a beating for trying to contort GW into 7A. This was my way of having some fun

Again I suggest making that comment to some of our warren guys in person. Satire or no I don’t think it would end well. Careful what you say and who oh at it about.

Again I suggest making that comment to some of our warren guys in person. Satire or no I don’t think it would end well. Careful what you say and who oh at it about.
Let it go. It is best to wait and see how things turn out.

Seriously Newt. You need to take another look at the post and realize I am making a complete joke about tough guy talk. Coming back with a "my 17 year old will beat your ass if he sees you" is really missing the point.

I have total respect for everyone on this board but at some point, I am allowed to have some fun and poke at those that want me to talk tougher about wanting to prove that our team is the best in IL.

Here's what I will do with you....you reread and let me know if you think I crossed some line in the sand of cool with you. If yes, I will delete. Otherwise, please read in the spirit with which it was meant.

Rambler fans with long memories would LOVE to see Naperville North visit Wilmette in round one.
I think I would rather play Oswego East or possibly Chicago Curie (assuming we make it). Would love to have seen a rematch in 1993, when both teams were loaded.

giphy.gif

That better GForce?

Dismantling? Really? Dismantling?
I can't even.

Jesus, you really cannot see the sarcasm here? Aren't you a writer?

Reactions: Gforce5
No worries...I fixed the problem. Sometimes it is better to label things the way you intend them to be. In an effort to reduce hurt feelings and to keep myself safe from marauding 17 year olds, I have put a disclaimer up as an edit.

Reactions: Bowie50
No worries...I fixed the problem. Sometimes it is better to label things the way you intend them to be. In an effort to reduce hurt feelings and to keep myself safe from marauding 17 year olds, I have put a disclaimer up as an edit.
You guys will be lucky to field a team with that gauntlet!

Reactions: capnbillhitters
You guys will be lucky to field a team with that gauntlet!

The more I think about it, when MS watches the film from GW destroying LA and whipping the little girls from Frankfort, Inserra might decide to just shut down the season and call in sick. Why bother? They won't get past the 50 yard line anyway. :p

Reactions: MS4EVER
Per your projection in the 6A South Bracket, the most interesting to me is the 1st round matchup between Peoria and SHG, and the possible 2nd round game between Providence and Crete-Monee.

Per your projection in the 6A South Bracket, the most interesting to me is the 1st round matchup between Peoria and SHG, and the possible 2nd round game between Providence and Crete-Monee.

I am hoping it shakes out where SHG plays someone up here like Richards or StL-would like to see them in person.

I am hoping it shakes out where SHG plays someone up here like Richards or StL-would like to see them in person.

If it is Richards or StL, that would be a quarterfinal game, which means the Cyclones would have gotten past two very good teams (according to Soucie's latest projections). Given that, I'm sure SHG would share your hopes.

The following post you are about to read is an effort on my part to be funny. No harm is meant to anyone slighted in this post so proceed only if you are not the sensitive type.

That better GForce?

I once called you a wordsmith. This just proves it ( although I personally would not have said "final solution")

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT