ADVERTISEMENT

Anyone watching Illinois ?

@brucealmighy and @corey90 just seems like a real down year in the BIG. Nice for Michigan to win their given schedule, but it's kind of like being the king of s*** mountain this year. No chance in the playoff if anyone makes it.
OSU seems to be rounding into form. Outside of Georgia and Bama, is anyone good? If those two play in the SEC championship and Georgia wins, does a 2 loss Bama make it? A big ten champ could beat Oklahoma or Cincy if they get that game. Let’s say Bama has two losses then it could be Georgia 1, Oklahoma 2, OSU 3 and Cincy 4. OSU could make the championship again and then anything could happen. If Michigan goes undefeated then they could take that spot from OSU and they could beat Oklahoma.

Maybe but this might be the year Michigan get OSU. I am not a believer in the OSU defense against the run.

That's a very valid point, but if OSU can prep and limit Michigan's running game, I don't see their passing game winning it for them. The Big Ten East will be shaping up soon. PSU is knocked out, so now we're down to three.

Somebody is gonna get Oklahoma. They have been playing with fire all season. So much talent, but so lackluster. KU had a great game plan to beat them, just zero horses to actually get it done.

TT, Baylor, Iowa State and their in-state rival are the teams on that schedule, so, yes, I wouldn't be surprised if they did lose a game or two.
Plus a B12 championship game. If it is rematch with Texas, the horns will likely be the favorite

That's a very valid point, but if OSU can prep and limit Michigan's running game, I don't see their passing game winning it for them. The Big Ten East will be shaping up soon. PSU is knocked out, so now we're down to three.
I think the passing game improves dramatically if JJ becomes the starter. MO

I think the passing game improves dramatically if JJ becomes the starter. MO

True but the current QB is doing well as a game manager right now. I would keep it the way it is now.

If MI is down big in a big game, then they may need JJ.

True but the current QB is doing well as a game manager right now. I would keep it the way it is now.

If MI is down big in a big game, then they may need JJ.
I think they need to let him get real game experience passing the ball with the first team. I have seen this play out before and it doesn’t usually end well. Generally because the young QB just didn’t get enough time on the field. He is more prone to make mistakes because of inexperience. Harbaugh is in a difficult situation now because he named McNamara the starter knowing he was a game manager. JJ has always had the bigger upside. Right now I have to agree with you at 7-0 you shouldn’t change QBs unless McNamara makes mistakes or isn’t able to make plays. It seems to me when JJ is in the game the team rally’s around him. He is a motivator!

Reactions: Wassup13
A down year yet they have four team ranked on top 10.
Rankings at this point have a lot to do with how many loses a team have and when they happened. At the end of the bowl season it will probably show the Big Ten is not great.
The conference did not have any outstanding wins in the non conference. OSU lost at home to Oregon, Michigan didn’t play anyone, MSU beat an average Miami team, PSU beat an average Auburn team, Iowa beat Iowa State, Wisconsin got hammered by a good but not great ND. The season will likely end as OSU and a bunch of above average teams. Maybe Harbaugh will prove me wrong.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT